EU EFVI - European Free Vaping Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clairvoy

Verified Member
May 30, 2012
Hungary
Hello All!

My friend, Krisztián Pifko, started a new initiative, here You can find all information about it:
webpage: EFVI: the European Free Vaping Initiative
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/efvi.eu

In order to be able to register as an official European Citizens' Initiative we need seven citizens from seven different EU states to form the citizens' committee. Right now we need six more to start the campaign. If you would like to join the citizens' committee please send an e-mail to info@efvi.eu with the following details:

your full name
your postal address
your nationality
your date of birth

You need to be old enough to vote in European Parliament elections (18+ or 16+ in Austria). Please indicate if you are willing to take on the role of being a substitute contact person. Members of the European Parliament do not count towards the limit of seven persons.

Committee members so far: Krisztian PIFKO (Hungary).

Once the initiative has been registered we can start collecting signatures. We will have one year to collect one million statements of support from European citizens and to meet the required amount of minimum number of signatories collected at least in seven member states.

Spreading the word during this period is going to be crucial to succeed.

After successfully meeting the requirements:
  • Commission representatives will meet us so we can explain in detail the issues raised in our initiative
  • we will have the opportunity to present our initiative at a public hearing in the European Parliament
  • the Commission will adopt a formal response spelling out what action it will propose in response to the citizens' initiative, if any, and the reasons for doing or not doing so
While the Commission is not obliged to act on it, it is an agenda-setting initiative which obliges the Commission to give serious consideration to the requests made by us, citizens.

So, now the most important: We also need six more members for the citizens' committee to formally register the initiative. If you are interested or you know someone who might be interested, please do not hesitate.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

ExCon

Dec 21, 2013
EU
9000 for Lithuania? I'm not even sure whether there are 9000 vapers in Lithuania, vaping is quite new here, I've only seen 2 people vaping in public and both of them were at alternative music pub. We have our own forum here and it's not very active I must say, basically old members chatting with each other and a bunch of new members that are no longer active after 10 posts... I hope at least 7 countries will reach the minimum quota which was set quite high.
However, let's make it happen, I will advertise this initiation on Lithuania's forums.

Last edited:
Votes will be checked "later" :( you're not the first euro-world citizen with dual nationality or residence and all cases had no problem.
You have an european ID card (cause ID number is needed to sign-in because EFVI is a very official procedure).

Beside this I've donne à Gdoc to compil each national score you can access it from here (and you can update scores if you have nothing better to do :D):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhhuZc_run6_dEtaSmZ2TTd3c3VKTkkwT1ctSmx1Znc&usp=sharing

Julie W

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
I'm not sure how I can sign it - I'm a UK national living in France (with no UK address), and as such the UK specifies I should vote using the France page but that requires either a French ID card or passport number issued in France, neither of which I have.

I had the same problem too,I put in my passport number in & it said invalid.

Updates are now automatically done ;)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhhuZc_run6_dEtaSmZ2TTd3c3VKTkkwT1ctSmx1Znc&usp=sharing

Another Chart wich is not in the same doc :
oimg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread