• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ego/510 connectors and other broken stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Sep 23, 2013
south africa
anyone have broken ego type batteries lying around maybe? been reading up on all these people making mods and passthrough cables and whatnot and now i want to make myself a box mod and a mechanical mod. if that works out i'll try and do a variable voltage one. problem is i need the connectors where your cartomiser screws onto. yes you can buy some off the internet but before i go and spend my money overseas, id rather pay someone postage and just reuse their old broken bits :)

denizenx

Sep 23, 2013
south africa
the more i fiddle the more ambitious it gets, starting to snowball a little bit. especially considering my limited anything skills. but playing with power tools is fun. i'll go start a little thread with my project soon. did my first 3 pin plug change at age 11, then promptly decided to see what would happen if i touched the negative and positive to each other. when i could see again i decided i really liked electricity, we should remain close but well insulated friends :p

NickHead

Dec 9, 2012
South Africa
Bad news for you but good for me Denizenx. My old LavaTube with the fire button prob that I was to send you as agreed got fixed. The story is like this.
My standby LT also conked out with the fire button getting stuck more often than not. I googled it whilst me and wife were fighting over the last LT and found that it was a prob with all LTs and one guy had a fix.
The fix is like this.
Connected the hose of the vacuum cleaner to the exhaust. Squeeze the end of the hose as small as you can to increase the speed of the air and blow into the tube while jiggling the fire button.
This fixed both of them and we have not had 1 misfire all day. Good as new again.
Sorry Denizenx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread