Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I started having a similar problem with my eGo battery & charger last week.

What I've discovered is the center post in the charger, where the battery screws in gets a bit recessed and does not come in contact with the center post of the battery. I use a small flat screw driver to raise it a bit, then screw in the battery before plugging it into the USB port of my computer.

It has been working thus far.

Let's hope that this is what ipodjulator is talking about, or else it will be another thing to learn. :)

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
so anybody who has used the ego for a while knows about the issuse where you have no voltage and the charger doesnt react to it being screwed in...last night wehn playing with what i thought was a competely broken ego battery i found out how to fix it! ill have a youtube video up in a day or so explaining it!

Hey ipod, waiting for the video.......

Afteraffex

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
hahaha ....ing awesome! I just had a litecig EGO battery die yesterday where the button would light up bright and fine, and the battery would flash when plugged into the charger, but no charge on a atty or cart. So I read this and lifted up the post with a kitchen knife to no avail, so what is the next best thing? I stabbed the post back down with a pair of scissors, guess what?! The battery works again!

VTAK8K

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
Centerpost can be an issue with the eGo batteries. I had one quit working after a week of use. I pried the centerpost up just slightly with a needle or paperclip and it hasn't had a problem since, that was over 2 months ago. Just make sure not to overtighten your attys, I was wrenching them down pretty hard before that happened.

Saerjin

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I was just messing with my ego-t PT due to it not making a connection with the 510 tank from madvapes, yet my new ego-c batteries reached it just fine...

After some careful fiddling and observation, the rubber o-ring at the base of the post on the battery end seems to be up underneath the post itself. I carefully pryed the post itself up and it would work until I put a different atty/carto on the battery so what I did was took a small screwdriver - one that came with a glasses repair kit and instead of prying the post up I pushed the rubber ring back under the post which in turn raised it up and kept it in that position...

I believe that after time the ring gets crushed and losses effectiveness, however I could be way out in left field with my conclusion but it seems to work for now.

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I haven't killed any of my egos/ego clones using LR cartos. I have had a few new batteries that didn't work properly after the first charge that I couldn't get to work at all, even though the batts' button light still worked. I threw the batts away, but wish I had saved them now so I could try to raise the pin. :)

Zodas

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
columbus ohio
So how do you go about raising the connector on the Ego battery? I dont see how a paperclip can do that.

Mine lights up but does nothing to the carto so it has to be a connection issue. I was using it one minute and the next minute it was dead...I assume maybe I tightened a carto too tight and dropped the Ego post down too far...so raising it might help.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
So how do you go about raising the connector on the Ego battery? I dont see how a paperclip can do that.

Mine lights up but does nothing to the carto so it has to be a connection issue. I was using it one minute and the next minute it was dead...I assume maybe I tightened a carto too tight and dropped the Ego post down too far...so raising it might help.

It could be that, or it could be that the battery failed. I had an eGo battery that died, no output, no charging, but left the button working and lighting up. You can try raising the pin a little by prying it gently up with say a fine-tipped knife, if you can see it's low. On the whole it's usually preferable to pull the center post on the carto out a bit, by prying it downward with, say, with a needle.

Paradox28

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Richmond, KY
light up without fire usually means the charge isn't reaching the post in the battery..so pulling it up/pushing it down isn't going to do anything to fix it..I just found that out with a battery that would no longer fire a cartomizer. I could be mistaken(electronics dumb) but theres a little wire that connects to the bottom of the center post by solder and if that comes off its just done. Mine would light up as well but would not fire anything no matter how much I pulled the post up or pulled the post in a carto down.

This should have been prefaced with it not being a genuine joye ego so it could have different construction than any other battery.

Cyclin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
California
I had the very same contct issue with my wife's pink ego-T battery. I explained to her that it only happened because her battery is pink, then fixed it using some needle-nose tweezers. I found that if you only use one end (like if you used a paperclip) and VERY gently rocked the contact one side at a time, you can lift the contact slightly without damaging it. She hasn't had a problem since I did it the second time that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread