eGo battery with a Nautilus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smucky

Jan 30, 2015
I gave up analogues and started off with an eGo starter pack about three/four weeks ago. Since doing a bit of research, I've ordered a nautilus BVC (not the mini) tank which should be coming in the next couple of days. I'm gonna buy a MVP 2.0 when I get paid at the end of the month.

My question is... Apart from looking like an absurd tulip, will the Nautilus work okay (using the adapter that comes with it) with the eGo battery for the time being? If so, do I even need a MPV 2.0? If not, should I just wait until I get the MPV before using the Nautilus?

I'm still getting used to vaping, so apologies for any questions that may seem stupid.

GetVaked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Wisconsin
Might drain your battery faster, but should be fine until your MVP2 comes.

I would definitely get the MVP, they are better than eGos, (battery life, performance and looks) although I do prefer eGo models myself.

If you wanted to stick with eGos and the Nautilus, I would get a high mAh eGo, preferably VV, and the mini Nautilus. YMMV.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Stock eGo batteries are not high drain and anything much below 1.8 ohms is going to hurt the battery giving short run times between charging, shortened overall life span, or if you push it hard enough - tripping the protection circuit and rendering the battery non-functional.

Keep in mind too that an MVP 2.0 is only a 15 watt device and you will never get sub ohm anything off the ground with it. 1.2 ohms is about the lowest it will fire.

I gave up analogues and started off with an eGo starter pack about three/four weeks ago. Since doing a bit of research, I've ordered a Nautilus BVC (not the mini) tank which should be coming in the next couple of days. I'm gonna buy a MVP 2.0 when I get paid at the end of the month.

My question is... Apart from looking like an absurd tulip, will the Nautilus work okay (using the adapter that comes with it) with the eGo battery for the time being? If so, do I even need a MPV 2.0? If not, should I just wait until I get the MPV before using the Nautilus?

I'm still getting used to vaping, so apologies for any questions that may seem stupid.

The Nautilus works fine with all my little pen-type batteries. In fact, I'd say that on some the vape is even better than on my VV/VW. They do, after all, function rather like little tube mods. I couldn't care less what the Nautty looks like on them. It's how it works that matters.

I've used 1.8 and 1.6 ohm BVC coils with them without any issues.

Flyguide83

Jun 26, 2015
Your nautilus will work just fine with an ego type battery. I started with that exact setup. They are inexpensive and work great. That said, you should probably have 2 batteries on hand charged up.. after much frustration with dead batteries, I switched to a provari to gain the ability to carry multiple batteries at all times and have better control over voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread