Status
Not open for further replies.

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
I have a 1000 mah Ego-T passthru batt and haven't noticed any particular hit on the battery life using a NR Boge cartomizer. By the way, I did not know there were different versions of the Booster. You say yours is version 1.2? How can you tell the version?

Thanks!

Ken

It says so in the packaging, along with a serial number.

Plus v1.2 has a opposite rotating potentiometer; clockwise is now to INCREASE the voltage.

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I have a 1000 mah Ego-T passthru batt and haven't noticed any particular hit on the battery life using a NR Boge cartomizer. By the way, I did not know there were different versions of the Booster. You say yours is version 1.2? How can you tell the version?

Thanks!

Ken

Version was written in the instructions and mentions that the power up is clockwise and power down is counter clockwise . Don't now of any other differences . Previous version it was reversed turn up counter clock wise with lower power on the left and with v1.2 it is the other way around and In my opinion the right way like the volume know on a stereo clockwise for more sound .

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
I still don't know about mine . It works the way it should it seems but it kills a 1000mah battery in 3 to 4 hours of use with an ego mega atomizer type B with cartridge . Whats up with that . The mega works good without the booster and for at least 8 hours I think so I don't get it . I don't really need to use it with a booster so I won't but I would still like to know if I got a good booster or not .

I still don't know about mine . It works the way it should it seems but it kills a 1000mah battery in 3 to 4 hours of use with an ego mega atomizer type B with cartridge . Whats up with that . The mega works good without the booster and for at least 8 hours I think so I don't get it . I don't really need to use it with a booster so I won't but I would still like to know if I got a good booster or not .

Maybe contact happyvaper directly about it. Maybe some weird issue with the ego mega atomizer? I don't have one to try myself or I would since I have a 1000 mah battery.

thinblueline36

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC Canada
I still don't know about mine . It works the way it should it seems but it kills a 1000mah battery in 3 to 4 hours of use with an ego mega atomizer type B with cartridge .

I can easily kill a Boosted 1000 mah in three hours when I'm chain vaping. If I'm working at something and just taking a puff or two every few minutes, the 1000 mah lasts me all day, but if I'm surfing the net for a few hours, one hand on the mouse, the other free to keep the PV at my mouth, I drain those batteries faster'n a ten-pound skeeter on a prairie dog.

Oops. My Saskatchewan is showing. Possibly because I'm vaping maple-dip donut juice. On a fresh-off-the-charger Boosted 1000 mah eGo, which is probably going to flash its button at me in about three hours.

TBL36

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Well as it turns out I killed the battery in 5 hours without the booster on it . Usually a 1000mah battery lasts me about 9 hours but usually I am using boge 2 ohm cartomizers . It seems that even though the ego mega atomizer is also 2 ohms it is using more power than a 2 ohm cartomizer . So mystery solved I am just a bit stupid I guess :) I didn't realize that the mega atomizer was going through batteries so quick but then I guess I never used it on a fresh battery and waited to see how long it would take to eat up the juice in the battery . I don't chain vape I take 2 or 3 good draws then leave it for 30 seconds to 1 minute then take 2 or 3 more draws unless I am at my computer after work then yes I probably do chain vape a bit . I have a provari I use at home I use egos when I am at work . I need both hands to do my job part of the time and I have my ego on a lanyard . So 4 hours with the booster on it when it usually goes 5 hours without the booster on it isn't bad after all . Now that I have this booster I have VV at both home and at work :)

Last edited:

Vantripper

Verified Member
Jul 25, 2011
Jeffersonville, PA
Got mine yesterday, have the same setup you have except 900mah bats (all less than 2 months old), my battery lasted about 2.5-3 hrs though I was constantly vaping - But a few things I believe turns this around!

1 - Never felt fully satisfied with the SuperEgo after the 3rd week, first couple weeks was doable to get mostly off cigs, now very happy at about 4 - 4.2 volts!

2 - When I received the Booster I used a new cart that was stuffed tightly with poly fill, this caused a lot of issues with higher volts - wouldn't wick fast enough, so I was puffing more often - Problem solved when I did a cart mod using a straw down center and about 1/4 of the usual polyfill - Setup is stable, wicking is great, and TH and vaper greater with just little hits

3. My latest battery I started last night used for 2 hours and so far today 3 hours, equaling 5 hours and still going.

4. PV is not glued to my face anymore, sucking frantically for some semblance of the analog sensation

4. So very happy except for concerns transporting this miniature baseball bat - Thinking maybe a cigar tube might work, all suggestions welcomed!!!

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
With my ego mega atomizer I find that less VG is better for it . I have used ejuice from a certain vendor that was PG based and it wicked fine . When I used that juice I could get more drops into the filling it would absorb better and faster . I usually buy from a vendor that sells a 70/30 mix but I am thinking that for the ego mega atomizer that 80/20 would be better or the PG based liquid . I do a little DIY so I can test some things out . That or thin it out with some distilled water but I would hate to have to do that .

Vantripper

Verified Member
Jul 25, 2011
Jeffersonville, PA
Think we came to the same conclusion - 100% PG - Atty works well, 70/30 PG is about as far as I care to go towards the VG end of the spectrum. Although I've got 80/20 VG/PG mix it invariably is harder to drawl due to wicking, fouls atty's faster, gives less throat hit and an excessive amount of vaper which to me is entirely unnecessary. By the way I wonder where all that exhaled excess vapor/nicotine ends up - carpet, walls, furniture. I really like the Dekang Hilton and since it's hard to find I may see if I can order a large quantity directly from Dekang.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Well, my knob finally broke. Something was getting wrong with it where it would barely turn at all, and then poof, now it spins freely. Supposidly you don't need the "stoppers" as it will still work. Sure, it still works wherever it broke free at, but the voltage isn't changing when i turn it, luckily it didn't break at a lower setting. Not sure this was worth the money now :( And all this time I've been telling people how great it is :( Wish there was a way we could fix it ourselves instead of spending $70 every 2 months on a new one cause it breaks that often....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread