Ego-C twist charging!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salooo

Jun 28, 2016
Hey guys i recently got ego-C twist VV 1100mah and a kanger evod 2 dual coil atomizer, i am satisfied with the amount of vapour and taste im getting so far. My question is that; i have a regular ego battery charger and i charge it with my laptop but if i wanted to use a smartphone's adaptor to plug it in a wall would that cause any issues or damage to the device?

Ego twist is 1100mah and it can alter the voltage from 3.2 to 4.8 (i usually stay at 4.2 or 3.8)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I use all sorts of USB wall warts to charge my Egos and Evods. But I make sure the output rating is no more than 1 amp or 1000 mah.
    Why FR? Do you feel the WW pushes the power, or just to be on the safe side?
    Someday we may all finally agree on this matter, lol. Been a long time...

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Why FR? Do you feel the WW pushes the power, or just to be on the safe side?
    Someday we may all finally agree on this matter, lol. Been a long time...
    Just playing it safe. I've got a house full of low power wall warts so that's all I use. I also think (guess) the trickle charge is more *gentle* and may be conducive to longer overall battery life.

I'm sure there are folks that consider 2 amps to be safe cuz most modern USB ports are rated at that (laptop may be lower?). I'm just not gonna be the one to recommend it.

Reactions: r77r7r

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    in: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz
    out: 5.0V 1.8A

is this okay? or using laptop more safe?

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with that. Just monitor for any excessive heat build-up the first time or 2 you use it. Any time you notice excessive heat anywhere be safe and unplug it.
    The device draws the required current it needs to charge, if the device is demanding 1 amp through a 500mah wall wart it is gonna get hot and may not fully charge.
    OTOH if the device needs only .5 amp to charge, the demand on a 1 or 2 amp wall wart will be minimal, so everything should run cooler.

Anyone feel free to correct me but this is my understanding from the info I've read and from personal experience. Cheers.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2015
    NW, UK
    Current is *drawn* and not pushed!

If you've one of those eGo battery chargers, like these, then they're limited to 0,42 Amps, and are safe to charge from a laptop/PC USB port or a 2A wall wart.

1999100-2.jpg

1999102-1.jpg

Continuity

ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2015
    NW, UK
    1.8 Out? Way too much for me.
    What are you charging that 5V@1.8A is 'too much' for you?

If you're charging a modern device that pulls say 0.8-1A to charge, then you'd be running a 1.8A power supply at round 50% of its specification which is ideal - more ideal than running something at 100% of its rating all the time.

Think about it - if you're towing something behind a car that's capable of 100MPH, would it be 'safer' to tow it at 100MPH just because you can, or tow it at 50MPH?

salooo

Jun 28, 2016
    What are you charging that 5V@1.8A is 'too much' for you?

If you're charging a modern device that pulls say 0.8-1A to charge, then you'd be running a 1.8A power supply at round 50% of its specification which is ideal - more ideal than running something at 100% of its rating all the time.

Think about it - if you're towing something behind a car that's capable of 100MPH, would it be 'safer' to tow it at 100MPH just because you can, or tow it at 50MPH?
    Yes - that will be absolutely fine - you'll only be running the power supply at less than 40% of its maximum rating.
    ALright guys thanks so much for the help, im getting an egrip vt 1500mah too is it good for that aswell? and i will be using Ni200 coils which are 0.2ohm pls tell me it wont leak

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread