eGo-C Twist or Volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The "ego" is a battery class, not a brand. The Joytech Twist, the Vision Spinner, and the Smokeless Image X2 Spinner are all three ego type batteries with the variable voltage function.

The Twist and Spinner are ego/510 threaded, which is by far the more common thread type in the e-cig market. The Smokeless Image version is 808 threaded and will require the use of 808 threaded juice delivery devices, of which SI carries a full compliment of.

All three batteries are excellent batteries.

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
OK so I'll look at the Ego twist and Vision spinner and compare the 2.

What about the Halo ..would you say it rates up there with the Twist and spinner ?

Thanks so much !

The Halo G6 / Triton are not variable voltage. Both are 3.7 volt batteries. Halo is good stuff but the Twist/ Spinner option is standard equipment for virtually every level of vaping. The Twist or Spinner will give you lots of options in selecting a delivery device. You can use devices from 1.8 ohms to 3 ohms and adjust your vape experience. Generally 2.2 - 3.0 ohms will allow you explore the range of voltage settings. Not knocking the Halo though, at 3.7 volts fixed you would want delivery devices in the 1.8 to 2.0 range.

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
The Halo G6 / Triton are not variable voltage. Both are 3.7 volt batteries. Halo is good stuff but the Twist/ Spinner option is standard equipment for virtually every level of vaping. The Twist or Spinner will give you lots of options in selecting a delivery device. You can use devices from 1.8 ohms to 3 ohms and adjust your vape experience. Generally 2.2 - 3.0 ohms will allow you explore the range of voltage settings. Not knocking the Halo though, at 3.7 volts fixed you would want delivery devices in the 1.8 to 2.0 range.

Hi rotku

Hmmm I have a lot to learn.

Can you look at this Halo..it says Variable voltage...With an adjustable voltage range of 3.3 to 4.8 volts

Variable Voltage Twist Battery | Triton Tank System | Halo Cigs

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
Hi rotku

Hmmm I have a lot to learn.

Can you look at this Halo..it says Variable voltage...With an adjustable voltage range of 3.3 to 4.8 volts

Variable Voltage Twist Battery | Triton Tank System | Halo Cigs
It looks like a Vision Spinner rebranded for Halo. Very groovy, I have the "princess pink", my wife still raises a brow when I use it (btw - they were on sale and the last color left, of course. Here is Altsmoke rebrand with a few more color options. The Halo variable is just fine though.
AltSmoke.com - eGo Spinner Variable Voltage Battery

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Does VV stand for variable voltage ?
Yes, and VW stands for variable wattage.
sunnylei said:
Do people find that with VV they find a voltage that they really like to use and just keep it tuned there or does it fluctuate?
It can vary from person to person. Some people like to vape at a certain wattage, such as 8 watts. So if they have variable wattage, they set their PV to eight watts and no matter if they change juice delivery devices of different resistance (ohms), the PV adjusts by itself to the change to provide 8 watts of power.

Myself, I change voltage to the particular flavor of juice that I'm vaping, and I often change flavors 3 - 4 times a day or more. For instance a fruit flavor at 3.4 volts, or a coffee flavor at 4.4 volts, or a red hot cinnamon flavor at 4.8 volts. Every flavor may have a "sweet spot" in voltage where it has the most flavor production.

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
Do people find that with VV they find a voltage that they really like to use and just keep it tuned there or does it fluctuate?

I use Kanger T-2's with 1.8 and 2.4 heads. I also have carto-tanks with 2.0 and 3.0 cartos. I generally like to vape at about 7.5 watts so it is nice to be able to change the voltage. I also kick it up a bit on the heavier VG juices to bring out a bit more flavor. A good rule of thumb is to start out with the voltage low and gradually increase until you hit 'your' sweet spot. After that you do not adjust very often. It is a bit of trial and error to start with. Wattage = volts x volts / resistance (3.8 volts x 3.8 volts = 14.44 , divided by 2 ohms = 7.22 watts)

Biff_Whipster

Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Austin

It's actually more about finding a comfortable wattage. Depending on the resistance of the delivery device, you may need o adjust your voltage to keep from shorting your battery or atomizer. There are many online tutorials going over VV and VW devices that explain the difference and the importance of monitoring resistance using Ohms Law.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's actually more about finding a comfortable wattage. Depending on the resistance of the delivery device, you may need o adjust your voltage to keep from shorting your battery or atomizer. There are many online tutorials going over VV and VW devices that explain the difference and the importance of monitoring resistance using Ohms Law.
And for those folks who can't make heads or tails from Ohms Law, this chart is a nice visual aid to match ohms to voltages used, or ohms to wattage. It's just a guideline, folks. The numbers in the colored block represent watts. Ohms on the left, voltage at the top; draw a line from both and you get the watts.

Last edited:

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
Someone needs to remake that stupid chart. I'm pretty color blind and everything above "power level may be too low" looks safe :) Of course I've never had a need to use it, so maybe there is no need to change the colors. I've found that most of the time 3.9v is perfect for my ADV at 2.4ohm, and my secondary at 1.7ohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread