eGo Cartomizers Likes & Dislikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I recieved the new eGo cartomizers last week and here is my feelings so far.

1. They look really nice on the eGo battery.

2. They have a great tapered mouth piece.

3. They hold quite a bit of juice.

4. I can get 4-5 hours heavy vaping without the flavor dulling and having to top off.

5. I have used the same 2 carto's for 4 days, and still going strong

6. They made me re-visit my eGo's again and reminded me what a great PV this really is.

Dislikes:
1. They are a MESS to fill.
Anymore than 2ml starts running out of the bottom, even with the plug in place.

2. The mouth piece does not always line up with the power button, and can make for an awkward vape.

3. There is no way to clean these that I know of.

So far the good out weighs the bad:D

I bought 9 packs (I always over buy everything...yes shoes too)
So I will have plenty to work with to try and improve my filling problems.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
I'm really fond of these for the reason stated with an additional positive being the flow of air is absolutely perfect. And I've found that if you fill to about 1.8 ml, cap both ends, and then roll it across your desk a few times you can get it pretty close to 2.5.

However, no matter how I clean these they still taste nasty. The most effective way I've found is with a piece of latex tubing stretched over a large syringe and the other end stretched over the whistle tip, submerge in hot water and vacuum up the water, and then eject it back through the battery end into a sink. I believe I did this around thirty times on some quality PG/VG mixes and no matter what, they still taste terrible. Boiling water? Tried it. Vodka. Tried it. I even got creative with some Eco non-toxic Food Grade cleaning solutions from a local company and still, nothing.

I love them, the design is wonderful for vaping, terrible for everything else.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I just got mine in 3 days ago, mega cartomizers and atomizers. So far, so good. I haven't refilled any yet though.

I like the looks. I like the vape. I was slightly disappointed in the duration of the pre-filled cartos. But then, 2.5 ml, and I probably use more than that in a work day, and hadn't given that much thought when I was primarily dripping. I could drain two of them a day, so at $4 a pop, it's pretty steep.

I'll try my hand at refilling in the next few days. And, I bought some empties too. Time will tell. They're pretty impressive.

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
I got a Blank one coming in, I only ordered one from cignot so Im excited to try it. From TW i order the Mega Cart and Mega Attie for the Tornado and that sucker is huge and holds alot of juice BUT If im hitting it hard and chain vaping I get that burnt yucky taste then i have to set it down for a few minutes to get it to taste normal again, It just reminded me why i dont like foam or poly fill, How in the heck am I gonna find a PTB to fit in that sucker and OMG i would hate for this sucker to leak....LOL but all in all I like it i totally love the mouth piece. I cant wait to get my Ego Carto should be in tomarrow.
Tara

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
@MsSki: The atomizer & cart on a TorneGo XL make a mighty impressive PV, don't they? :)

Yeah, I am finding the same result, the same result as with all unmodified carts. They just don't wick fast enough. I find I'm still topping off. But, instead of topping off 5 or 6 drops, I'm topping off a dozen or more. So, less frequent.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
Go cartomizers need to be broken in the same way a typical atty does?

It seemed like it took days for my 510 and 401 attys to stop tasting awful.

No, cartomizers do not need a "Breaking in" period. They are just designed to be "disposable", so they are not able to be cleaned. They taste gross after a few days, which is when you would normally clean a regular cartomizer. The problem is there is no way to clean them.

There is NO reason why these cant be open top, the syringe thing is there just to make sure you can not clean them. The hole at the top of the filler could just as easily be removed like on EVERY OTHER cartomizer.

These thinks are specifically designed to be difficult to refill.

That is a travesty, and makes them NOT useable in my book.

I should have taken pictures of the one I took apart, and then cut apart so everyone could see the purposefully difficult design.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
No, cartomizers do not need a "Breaking in" period. They are just designed to be "disposable", so they are not able to be cleaned. They taste gross after a few days, which is when you would normally clean a regular cartomizer. The problem is there is no way to clean them.

There is NO reason why these cant be open top, the syringe thing is there just to make sure you can not clean them. The hole at the top of the filler could just as easily be removed like on EVERY OTHER cartomizer.

These thinks are specifically designed to be difficult to refill.

That is a travesty, and makes them NOT useable in my book.

I should have taken pictures of the one I took apart, and then cut apart so everyone could see the purposefully difficult design.

I have to agree with this 100%, it would have been just as easy to have the top open like all the other carto's out there, and I believe in the future someone will do that.
This is the first stage of the huge cartomizers, I believe it will get better, if not by Janty then by someone else.

Last edited:

Twinkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
I've never been a fan of cartomizers simply because they're difficult to fill. I'd rather fill more frequently than deal with messy cartomizers.

That said, I'm experiencing growing interest in the eGo, so I may give the unit a try with cartomizers and find out if my initial impressions remain true.
For what it's worth, the eGo and 510 cartomizers are what's brought me back to give vaping another try.

Between two different 400 series (one Evo, one not) and a couple of 510's, I found that having to walk around with a full-blown kit was just too much of a hassle.

If I can get the eGo day-long battery life with the pack-and-a-half juice retention in a cartomizer, I'd be in heaven.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I've never been a fan of cartomizers simply because they're difficult to fill. I'd rather fill more frequently than deal with messy cartomizers.

That said, I'm experiencing growing interest in the eGo, so I may give the unit a try with cartomizers and find out if my initial impressions remain true.
Since you like a three piece better, why not try the TorneGo Mega Atomizer and Mega Carts instead of the Mega Cartomizer? Or, try both and see which you like better. Just saying, in case you were unaware of the Mega Atomizer/Cart availability. I got both myself. :w00t:

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
Well I have the Ego cartomizer i ordered from cignot, I thought they were blanks , but i guess i didnt read, Anywho they came filled with Reg Tobacco 18mg, I hooked it up to my Mega Tornado Batt about 12pm and The Carto lasted me till 7pm , And that is with me vaping it on it alot, Im sure i could have went longer but im funny about flavor and being that flavor is weak to begin with, anywho i watched a video on how to refill it did the needle thingy with it, I refilled 1.5 Ml of juice in it. Not to bad. I really like how the unit looks with the ego carto on it.

I also have the Mega Attie and Cart I got from TW and I like that alot also, I just love the look and feel of it in my hand, But i couldnt stand all that poly filling in it, So i fill up half the cart with juice, and only put in half the filling and toped it off it isnt leaking and it is wickeing better, I think im gonna try the PTB in it tomarrow... Just thought i would share.

Tara

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I also have the Mega Attie and Cart I got from TW and I like that alot also, I just love the look and feel of it in my hand, But i couldnt stand all that poly filling in it, So i fill up half the cart with juice, and only put in half the filling and toped it off it isnt leaking and it is wickeing better, I think im gonna try the PTB in it tomarrow... Just thought i would share.

Tara
I've been thinking about trying the blue foam in the Mega Cart.

I'm liking both the Mega carts and cartomizers. Maybe it's the 'new toy' syndrome, but for the past week my other PVs have been feeling neglected.

I'm vaping my Riva with NHaler mega cartomizer attached. Sucked through the weak liquid that's in there rather quickly, then I've been using the condom fill method (where you push in BOTH sides of the cart) for a nice long-lasting refill. With some occasional "weepage" onto the (sealed) manual battery which I dab up with a paper towel.

I'm delighted too and this has brought me back around to the 510 once again.

I agree and hope it's just a matter of time till we get the uber-, ultra, mega, totally whopper mosta-the-day-long cartomizer.

There's always a new horizon!

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Michelle, since you mention using the condom refill on your mega cartos, I suspect you're not talking about the same animal as most of this discussion is about.

NHaler Mega cartos:
_MG_2555.jpg

Joye/TW Mega cartos ... can't do the condom refill on these:
tornado-cartomizers-black1-(page-picture-large).jpg

Is that what yours look like?

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I'm vaping my Riva with NHaler mega cartomizer attached. Sucked through the weak liquid that's in there rather quickly, then I've been using the condom fill method (where you push in BOTH sides of the cart) for a nice long-lasting refill. With some occasional "weepage" onto the (sealed) manual battery which I dab up with a paper towel.

I'm delighted too and this has brought me back around to the 510 once again.

I agree and hope it's just a matter of time till we get the uber-, ultra, mega, totally whopper mosta-the-day-long cartomizer.

There's always a new horizon!
Michelle.....Good to see your still around and hanging in there!:) Those uber-, ultra, mega, totally whopper mosta-the-day-long cartomizer are due to be released any day now!!...LOL!

:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread