Ego cone/cylinder atty carts.. what are the differences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Ok I am exposing myself here.. and showing that I don't know EVERYTHING (I do know most things :D )

I have seen it stated that these are different and atty type specific.

my main concern is if the internal diameter/ design is the same (the part where the filler goes)

Thanks for your quick response... and once I get this answer I will be back @ knowing EVERYTHING :D

LGD

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Thanks for your reply... but the two I am talking about are not the standard... both ego specific... it's just that one is the shape of a cylinder and the other a cone.. but the carts do hold different amounts.. and the atties diameter are supposedly the same diameter (14mm) but I am wondering why it states the carts are not interchangeable .... Heaven-gifts is where I see the two different types

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Well I got my answer via PM... and here is the image of the two types of ego specific atties side by side

EGOATOMXL-2T.jpg

so it appears that the diameter of the carts are different

so though I didn't want that to be the answer... I now know.

and pedromj thank you for your help and keeping my thread alive :D

LGD

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
You're welcome. Now I see what you was talking about. I think that the atty on the right side is genuine (designed by Janty, manufactured by Joye), or at least has the same shape, but I think the other isn't.

They are both Joye/Janty. The are Type A(cone) and Type B(cylinder).

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I didn't find the Type A in Janty store. How can be sure they are both from Janty/Joye?

Wow. Health cabin isn't selling the type A either anymore. They had them both listed as Joye. And Janty used to have them, I guess they are being filtered out of the equasion. HC now lists the cyl atty as Mega XL, rather than Type B.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Maybe the Type A is gone for some reason. I know you love it, hope you have enough stock.

Nope, I like the Type B. Type a holds less juice, not for me. I have about 9 of them, should last me a while. Got them at myfreedomsmokes.com for $6.57 ea w/ coupon code "smoke". Not sure if the sale is still going. Maybe it ends today.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
LowThudd, when using these attys/carts do you find the same issues as with a regular 510 cart? Does the filler need to be trimmed in order to wick better? Do you mod them with new fiiler? Can they be vaped dry without messing around with them too much? How is dripping on them...

OK, shutting up now. Thanks!

I just flip the filler end to end when it gets a little stiff on top. Can be done back and forth over and over. It softens in the bottom of the cart. They can be vaped dry, but only w/ patience. You can't chain vape them dry. It will need to rest every once in a while, but it isn't too bad. I usually top off about half way through w/ 20-30 drops. Dripping is great w/ them. Making a drip tip out of the protective cart that comes w/ the atty is easy, or you can buy a drip tip. I can get @ 4-6 (sometimes more)drops in it w/out flooding. Easier to do w/ the cart off, so technically, if you don't mind pulling the cart off and saturating the bridge every 10-20 drags, it is a dripping machine. I am working on a mod using a KR8 carto condom w/ a hole in it for a ZFM. It works well, untill you let it rest on it's side. Then it leaks. But if you are gonna chain vape through 2.5ml, that is the ONLY way to go. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread