Ego / Evod batteries...ancient history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scatterbrain

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
My two go-to suppliers are now out of stock on these batteries, and looking around here a little (haven't been here in ages) I'm not seeing much mention of them. Are they now dinosaurs? Even the Kanger site has very limited availability. Is anyone still selling new batts in this style? eg not clearing out old overstock? If not, what is similar in shape that's replaced them that I'm missing?

I've been using these solid basic ~1000 mAh no option batts (just wait for green/blue/red light then recharge) and clearomizers for several years. So much better than the early pen styles but still discreet and easy to maintain. I really don't want to transition to a bulky mod...I've tried several but they're bulky to travel with. Info and insight is much appreciated!

Reactions: stols001

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Thanks for these great leads! I know I need to figure out what my next model should be, I'm sure there's lots of room for improvement over what I'm using, but with so many new options it's like starting from scratch.

Much appreciated!:)

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I still use mech mods and 1.5ish ohm coils. you can't improve perfection. :p

something similiar to what you have would be like these:

Kanger SUBVOD Starter kit

Aspire K4 Quick Start Kit - Aspire® Official Site

eGo ONE - Joyetech

similiar operation. press a button and vape. charge the battery, change the coil when it tastes bad. lol

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@scatterbrain - If you can answer a few questions, I might be able to tell you who still has them. I regularly check specific websites I've dealt with, for their Clearance stuff. I've seen a variety of the eGo, Evod, etc. stuff in the past 2 weeks or so.

Are you looking for the batteries only? Or kits that come with a matching clearomizer, too?
If so, would the 650mAh or the 900mAh Evods work for you? Or just the 1000mAh or so eGos?
Do colors matter?
Are eGo or Evod the only 2 brands you'd use?

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@scatterbrain - I forgot to mention these 2 kits to you earlier. KangerTech makes them. IMO, they're terrific for people who used to use the regular Evod batteries & clearomizers, or people who want simple to use, reliable, pretty inexpensive kits with tanks whose dual coils are still readily available and inexpensive, too. I've had 4 people I've helped to start vaping who've used them and loved them. 2 of them still use them! I also still use both as grab and go set-ups for quick trips in town, and the smaller set-up for stealth vaping sometimes. The larger kit's battery lasts a very long time, before it needs to be recharged. I like both so well that I even have extra kits in my "vape stash" for other "newbies" and for myself.

Smaller one of the 2 is the KangerTech Top Evod Kit - Comes with a 650mAh battery, a matching topfill tank, and USB charger. Takes the Kanger dual coils that come in the whitish box. Diameter is 14mm (same as regular Evod & eGo battery), and the battery and tank put together (with little drip tip) is just 13cm long. Nice little set-up and have been on sale at various places for as low as $8-14. Comes in White, Black, Red, and Stainless Steel.

Larger one is the KangerTech Evod Mega Kit - Comes with a 105mm long x 18.5mm diameter 1900mAh battery (510 threaded, but easy to get a 510/eGo adapter), a matching 2.5mL tank with a 1.5ohm dual coil (ones sold in whitish box), and a Micro USB cord for charging. I've seen them for even as low as $10-16 before. Several places also sell the batteries themselves, too. Colors: Black, Stainless Steel, Blue, Red, Bronze

If either of those sound interesting to you...I'll do some searching and post where I've found them for the lowest prices in the US.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Went ahead and found several at these 2 ECF Forum Suppliers' websites and at another 1 I've dealt with a lot who is wonderful. Either or both ECF Suppliers may have coupon codes, but I haven't checked for them.

LiteCigUSA:
Kangertech Mega EVOD ecig starter kit - $18.95 with Free S/H

VaporBeast:
Search results for: 'kanger evod' - There are a bunch of Evod batteries, kits, etc., including the smaller of the 2 kits I mentioned above (the Top Evod Kit) for $15.95 + S/H

Desert Vapes has the Evod Mega Kit (in Brown only) for $14.95, lots of Evod batteries in various mAh, types, colors, etc. She has a sale going on now, too, and if you use code NL10 you should get 10% off! If that code doesn't work for all items...you can use the code 1storder10 instead (if you've never bought anything from her before), and get 10% off anything.

DesertVapes - Search Results for "Kanger Evod Mega"

Link for just Kanger Batteries at Desert Vapes (ie. Evod 1000mAh for $8.95, Evod 1000mAh passthrough for $9.95, Evod VV 1600 for $17.95, etc.). Prices are before 10% off discount.

Batteries - E-Cig Batteries - Kangertech - DesertVapes

ETA: MyFreedomSmokes has the smaller Kanger Top Evod Kits for $9.95 + S/H:

Kanger Top Evod Starter Kit

Last edited:
Reactions: 440BB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread