Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Okay here we go. I use a 650 eGo T upgrade and 2 650 Evod VV batteries. Quite satisfied with them no interest in "upgrading". As a matter of fact I downgraded to these.
I assume, that just because they're so simple, my ego/Evods are operating in "mean" mode. But would like to have this confirmed.
The reason I ask is that I recognize the need for replaceable battery mods as backups just in case the FDA really borks this whole vaping scene. I have 3 low power VV/VW Mods that I want to setup exactly the same as my ego/Evods so I have them set to MEAN.
I know, I know, I know everyone prefers RMS and watts. I want to duplicate what I've already got, egos, and no one else wants them either. But I'm not (quite) certain they are mean.
Ya know I'm not even certain that the whole RMS/MEAN thing even applies in VV mode?

Reactions: Feuille

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
Just set your VV device to output 3.7v, which should be close to the operating voltage of an eGo/Evod battery.

Difference between mean and RMS = "Layman's terms: RMS voltage means that you get an output that matches the desired setting and can use the voltage setting to get accurate wattage calculations. Mean (average) voltage will not give you an accurate wattage calculation, and as you have found out, hits harder than RMS mode due to this inaccuracy."

Copied that answer from here: RMS vs mean

Didn't remember them myself, but found the answer quite quickly for you :)

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Ya gots the good regulation with the eGos. Oh hey, the Upgrades by Joye are dual mode. Regulated and not. Probably knew that tho? :)
Loved them as Passthroughs, mine lasted yrs.
Actually never thought of it in terms of regulated and not, but that's sounds right. Just knew that T-upgrade was 3.3v at low end and full throttle at the other end. No passthrus here. Still don't know if they're mean or RMS tho. Really not important any who. Just had the question pop into my head and posted. Figger I'm pretty safe in my assumption that they're mean.

Reactions: r77r7r

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
Actually never thought of it in terms of regulated and not, but that's sounds right. Just knew that T-upgrade was 3.3v at low end and full throttle at the other end. No passthrus here. Still don't know if they're mean or RMS tho. Really not important any who. Just had the question pop into my head and posted. Figger I'm pretty safe in my assumption that they're mean.
Try both settings, RMS is more accurate at output voltage, Mean uses median values and could fire lower or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread