eGo lover gets her mega carts/atty today. question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
Got my eGo mega carts and atty today from Cignot (wonderful customer service)....just broke em open and started vaping.
First, it's WONDERFUL to see how much ejuice the carts hold! That will save me from constantly topping off my cart. And I love the whistle tips-maybe I wont spend as much on restylane injections on my lips ha ha.
However, I notice occasionally a plasticky or burning taste..is it because the atty aint "broke in"? I have successfully gotten rid of that taste by keeping the cart really full, and not vapin' too hard.
Anyone have any answers/feedback/suggestions?
Thanks yall!

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Got my eGo mega carts and atty today from Cignot (wonderful customer service)....just broke em open and started vaping.
First, it's WONDERFUL to see how much ejuice the carts hold! That will save me from constantly topping off my cart. And I love the whistle tips-maybe I wont spend as much on restylane injections on my lips ha ha.
However, I notice occasionally a plasticky or burning taste..is it because the atty aint "broke in"? I have successfully gotten rid of that taste by keeping the cart really full, and not vapin' too hard.
Anyone have any answers/feedback/suggestions?
Thanks yall!

It's the wicking... it's a little slow. I have found that taking a couple of hard puffs without hitting the switch tends to bring it back to life.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
bless yer pea pickin heart...how did you get misplaced? my condolences....:D
how do you like the cartomizers? are they already filled with juice or can you do the same thing-fill them yourself? aint they more expensive? what is the advantage/disadvantage? i know, i am sure the answers are somewhere in here but give me a break, im a busy nurse...so if you can answer, i'd much appreciate!

Sorry tumbleweed I only have the eGo mega cartomizers, I never got the hang of attys at all, I always got a burnt taste with attys so I gave up on them a long time ago:(

But as a Misplaced Texan (live in WI now) I will give ya bump back to the top where someone might come along and help:)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Atty's are measured in ohms Batts are in mAh, the mega Ego Batt is 900MAh and I think they just came out with 1000mAh. I believe there Mega Atty is somewhere around 3-3.2 ohms these Mega Attys also work great at 6v for HV Vaping, I use one on my older GGT unit with 2 x 3.0v Batts and it is an awesome vape.! hope that helps ya TEX

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
The Mega Carto's hold Approx 2.5ml's of liquid as well, it is good to fill it up vape a bit and refill these, for some reason they take a bit to break in and you will have to keep them very wet, dont let them run to dry as soon as you taste a drop off in flavor STOP & REFILL, or they will get a little burnt and never taste the same again once they get a little burnt.!

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
thanks my feller Texan....
p.s. is that really you in the profile pic? you look like a Texas beauty queen! i am trying not to hate! ha ha

LOL@ Pea Pickin...well I am fixin to tell ya hon...lol
They are pretty easy to fill with a blunt syringe and last a good long while, I get hours of vaping from 1 fill and I can use the same one for many days.
So for me the cost is not huge when you use them that way.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Atty's are measured in ohms Batts are in mAh, the mega Ego Batt is 900MAh and I think they just came out with 1000mAh. I believe there Mega Atty is somewhere around 3-3.2 ohms these Mega Attys also work great at 6v for HV Vaping, I use one on my older GGT unit with 2 x 3.0v Batts and it is an awesome vape.! hope that helps ya TEX

AFAIK, all the eGo cartomizers and atomizers are rated at about 2.6Ω, the ideal resistance for the 3.1v (effective voltage) of the eGo batteries.

I gave up on the giant eGo cartomizers because the filling is unnecessarily cumbersome and the flavor is off. I think the plastic casing of the carto has something to do with it.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
thanks, that is what i have been doing all evening. tastes like the atty is finally "breakin' in". yeehaw!

The Mega Carto's hold Approx 2.5ml's of liquid as well, it is good to fill it up vape a bit and refill these, for some reason they take a bit to break in and you will have to keep them very wet, dont let them run to dry as soon as you taste a drop off in flavor STOP & REFILL, or they will get a little burnt and never taste the same again once they get a little burnt.!

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
thanks my feller Texan....
p.s. is that really you in the profile pic? you look like a Texas beauty queen! i am trying not to hate! ha ha

LOL you are quite welcome!
Ha Ha..and thank you (made an old lady's night) that is me...notice the Texas (big) hair:D

You look like the current Texas Beauty!!

Oh yeah and Hook em Horns!!!!

Last edited:

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
been vapin on and off since 2008...but now a confirmed 100 percent vaper/nonsmoker since the evolution of eGo. and i have never gotten into "dripping"...i think i vape way too much to drip...it would vape away too quick, i would be constantly dripping! dont have time for that!!! so i just dont get the drippin thang

Glad I could help ya Tex, the mega Atty is also great for dripping I have found, I use mine at 6v and really like it, just be careful on those cartos if your using them not to let em get dry at all, once there burnt there trash

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Yep, they take a bit longer to break in. I think it is because there is about twice as much mesh in the atty compared to the 510 atty. Holds onto more primer fluid. I also agree w/ Cozz about the primer puff. I tend to always do that, as it does wick a little slow. I am working on a couple ideas for cart mods, no one AFAIK has developed the perfect cart filler for these yet. Also, if you hold the eGo cart side up, it helps it wick alittle faster.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
i have always held my eGo's cart side up, at least at first, when i got em real full...gives the loaded up cart more time to "soak in" the juice.
before i got my whistle tip mega carts today, what i would do, is fill a regular cart and set it on a flat surface for a few minutes. cant do that with whistle tip.......

Yep, they take a bit longer to break in. I think it is because there is about twice as much mesh in the atty compared to the 510 atty. Holds onto more primer fluid. I also agree w/ Cozz about the primer puff. I tend to always do that, as it does wick a little slow. I am working on a couple ideas for cart mods, no one AFAIK has developed the perfect cart filler for these yet. Also, if you hold the eGo cart side up, it helps it wick alittle faster.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
awesome! thanks for the tip! will def place an order! love menthol..

BTW, you can get 5 packs of eGo mega carts from here for $2 a 5 pack. They are loaded w/ 11mg menthol, but at that prices, it's worth cleaning them if you don't like menthol. I just bought 5x5 packs and some of their "California Buddy" "Herbal" ;)flavored e-juice. JOYE eGo MEGA 5 Pack Menthol Cartridges 3ML

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread