6 batts? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

DITTO!!!
eek2.gif

Mr Pink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Pepperell, MA
Tried one of these and was amazed at the hellaceous amt of vape dual coil produces. That said I don't find myself lacking in this regard; get great plumage from other combos that won't eat up juice or batts as fast. I find that I get nice clouds of vape using regular 510's attys & cartos from many mfgr's so don't see a real need to leap to dual coil. It has some novelty appeal, sure. But more isn't always "better", sometimes it's just more, which often means more $, more than anything.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
I know it's only anecdotal, but I (well...my Wife, really) killed 2 eGo batts within a week of each other with Dual Coils after using them (one eGo batt was a month old, the other about 3 months old) exclusively for about a month. That was a big enough coincidence for me to never use them again on an eGo.

I use them on my high drain batts now with great success, but we'll stick to the Boge 2.0Ω cartos on the eGos.

Last edited:

Cronus6

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Florida
6 batts? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I'm killing my Riva battery 3 times a day using Boge LR Cartos. :/ And could probably go through 4 if I didn't have to swtich to a crappy little 510 mini while the Riva charges. And it's not even a month old.

[My GF has stolen the other one from the starter kit, by I've tested it too, and it's the same lifespan.]

I'm not "complaining", it's better than the 2-3 packs of Marlboro Red 72s or the pouch of Bugler I was smoking before I got it. But the situation has me looking at battery boxes.

The last thing I need is something that is gonna kill my battery faster (and I'm not even sure this thing will work on a Riva to begin with.)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
OK, I've noticed that some folk are looking at the wrong DCC for the eGo. Please note that the 510 DCCs are NOT the eGo Mega cartos. The eGo Mega DCCs have a 'skirt' over the batt connector threads. In other words, you will not see the batt conn with a side view. 'Covered' threads on the eGo Mega, 'exposed' threads are the 510.

Currently, I can only find the eGo Mega DCCs at MadVapes. And no, I have no affiliation with the manufacturer or vendor; just a very happy and satisfied customer.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Well, I'm still luving' my eGo Mega DCCs. But this evening I did discover a neat thing about the rubber tip. I placed one on my de-spiked/de-plated eGo T atty that I use for dripping new sample flavors. If you squeeze the wide end of the tip, you can drip through the tip onto the coil. Sweet...

BTW, six has updated his impressions at his link he posted above. Thanx, six!

I'm sticking with the eGo Mega DCC for the foreseeable future. At least until there's a remarkable new innovation with solid reviews!

Catch ya'll later... :vapor:

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
I posted some thoughts about the Ego Mega DC in another thread, but I'll make a post here also. So far, I think that the EMDC is a real winner - everything as advertised. It's a top performer with great taste and vapor, and it even looks nice on my 1000 mah Ego-T batteries. Frankly, I was stunned with how well it works. I do suspect that it will use juice and battery power quicker, but I don't know by how much yet.

Tamster

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2011
NY/FL
Thanks to recent reviews by Iffy and Six - and the simultaneous demise of two of my Ego-T atomizers last weekend - I boldy ordered 6 of the Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartos [from MadVapes].

Until yesterday, I had been a carto-virgin, having only experienced 510 (for dripping) and Ego-T (for tank-convenience) atties. I never had problems with my Ego-T, other than slightly-muted flavors (compared to dripping). So I was actually ready to try something new when my LR Ego-T atties suddenly died. (I confess that this user may have facilitated these sudden deaths. [Perhaps a tad overzealous cleaning them? ... ah, but that's a whole 'nother story...)

Cut to the chase: I luv-luv-luv these! If anyone can give me a pointer (other than an obvious burnt-taste) on familiarizing myself with judging when it needs more juice, I'd appreciate it. So far, though, it's hassle-free!

But, Guess What?!

My batteries last equally as long - if not longer - using this thing! I think it's because the hit/drag/toke/vape/whatever-ya-call-it builds up so rapidly, I don't have to hold the button down for more than a sec or two to get a mouth/lung-full!

.... Really can't wait to hear more reviews on this carto. It's a welcome addition to my Ego (1000mah) batts!!!

Thanks, again, Iffy and Six! ++

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
If anyone can give me a pointer (other than an obvious burnt-taste) on familiarizing myself with judging when it needs more juice, I'd appreciate it. So far, though, it's hassle-free!

Since the vapor and flavor is soooo full and nice, I find it fairly easy to detect a 'drop' of either one. That's when I just top off. I've yet to run one dry, so I've never had that burnt taste with mine. OK, just noticed r77r7r got ya covered.

But, Guess What?!

What?

My batteries last equally as long - if not longer - using this thing! I think it's because the hit/drag/toke/vape/whatever-ya-call-it builds up so rapidly, I don't have to hold the button down for more than a sec or two to get a mouth/lung-full!

I'm not surprised. I've yet to do a run time test on my batts. I just swap batts whenever I get home. Plus, I do have five eGo batt/eMDCC setups, each a diff flav, I'm constantly rotating.

Glad I could help. When I find sumpin' that works for me, gotta spread da word!

Zurina

Jun 29, 2011
Savannah,GA
I have some 'hot' news fer all you eGo fans. Just received some eGo dual coil cartos from MadVapes and have found the best eGo combo yet!

Day-um, it's the next best thing to dripping. Cumulus vapor, taste beyond any other eGo combo (except dripping, but very close) with a nice TH. Love the soft tip also. I ordered ten and have filled five so far with diff flavs; winners all. Gonna have to order many more . This will be my go to combo for quite a while.

With the eGo system being my first, I've tried just about all the possible combos: cart/atty (poly fill and blue foam), tank, LR 510 dual coil and dripping a spikeless T atty. I also have 510s, cart, tank and drip. Purchased an entry level bottom feed 3.7 mod via the classifieds and no real joy there.

I have no idea how long these will last and I really don't care. They're rea$onable and, oh so, superior to what I've tried thus far.

I do think I've found my vaping Nirvana without trying high dollar and VV mods. I can hardly wait until I can show a few of my 'nico-converts' what I've 'discovered'. :2cool:

Now if I could only find some citronella e-juice...
smiley_abused.gif

Iffy do you know if these will work with my Volcano Inferno? TY

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
Zurina you might want to hop over to the MadVapes forum (the link you quoted will take you to the thread in it) and ask them. From what I've read through it doesn't fit without an adapter on many of the eGo knockoffs, so it may not fit the Inferno without one. They may not know either if they don't have one and you may have to just pick one up and try it to see. If it does its well worth it. I was hesitant to try these but man I am loving them so far. Great vapor and I actually feel like I'm quelling my nic fitting better with these than the regular 510 cartomizers I got. They are definitely as good as a tank imho, the soft tips are excellent and they hold a lot of fluid. I can easily see me using these instead of my tanks 99% of the time.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Six I didn't mean to push any buttons, just meant that there were problems with the non genuine eGos and using that as a reference.

- I didn't mean to sound like you had "pushed any buttons". -- That's the trouble with written word vs spoken. It was monotone in my head, just stating a fact, not attaching any opinion or emotion to it.

Winkos

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2011
Midwest
24 hours in to carto land and so far I love it. The vape is a little warmer then I like but nothing I can't get used to. The plus side is I filled a carto and went all day without having to refill and no leaks. I really think I will be buying cartos from now on. Another plus is I did not have to blow out an atty which I was doing about 6 times a day. I am expecting my dual coil cartos to arrive tomorrow. I wonder if it gets better then this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread