eGo Mega Cartomizer on a 510 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I am waiting for a shipment of 510XL cartos and a eGo package.

As I am a really impatient type, I thought I'd try out a eGo Mega Carto on my 510 gear while waiting.

I don't really know if this is a problem. Can it wreck the battery? The Carto?

I used it last night and it seemed to work (kind of) alright. I'm using v4l Cool Menthol and in my regular 510 cartos and I get reasonable vapour, th, and good taste.

With this setup I am getting great th, great taste but next to no vapour (on exhale). Almost a stealth vape!

If I just puff and blow there is reasonable vapour production. Any ideas why this is so?

arjay :)

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Yes you cam use the eGo mega cartos, won't hurt the 510 batts. Might not work on manual batts. As for the vapor, it could be high PG juice. That will decrease vapor.

Thanks for the reply. I am using a manual battery, one of the longer ones. I would call it a mega battery, but I just ordered a 1300mah 510 battery from wordupecig. Now that's what I call a mega battery :)

As far as the juice goes I will empty this one out and try a proven fog maker (smilin' menthol vg). If that doesn't produce, I'll just have to wait for the kit to arrive.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I tried one of the mega cartos on a 510xl battery. It worked even though not recommended. I think the recommendation is largely based on the way the carto will draw when using a 510 battery since it's got a larger diameter to fit the eGo. In my opinion you would not want to use it with an auto battery as they're prone to leaking after being filled.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I tried one of the mega cartos on a 510xl battery. It worked even though not recommended. I think the recommendation is largely based on the way the carto will draw when using a 510 battery since it's got a larger diameter to fit the eGo. In my opinion you would not want to use it with an auto battery as they're prone to leaking after being filled.

Used it on my 510 auto, was just very carefull when filling. They don't flood unless you make them flood. I only did this because I lost an eGo batt and needed something, and had no working 510 attys, but it can be done w/out effing up a 510 auto.

IMAG0028.jpg

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Used it on my 510 auto, was just very carefull when filling. They don't flood unless you make them flood. I only did this because I lost an eGo batt and needed something, and had no working 510 attys, but it can be done w/out effing up a 510 auto.

IMAG0028.jpg
I always drained excess juice with a syringe after filling. I then let them sit upright on a paper towel for awhile for anything else that might drain. Even with that I had a couple that would start to leak until I vaped them for a little bit. I only bought 5, was very disappointed with performance. The 5th one is still in the box unused. With the kind of production environment I imagine for these things quality control is probably limited and product quality possibly varies widely. Whatever, they looked promising but turned out not to be so from my limited use.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I always drained excess juice with a syringe after filling. I then let them sit upright on a paper towel for awhile for anything else that might drain. Even with that I had a couple that would start to leak until I vaped them for a little bit. I only bought 5, was very disappointed with performance. The 5th one is still in the box unused. With the kind of production environment I imagine for these things quality control is probably limited and product quality possibly varies widely. Whatever, they looked promising but turned out not to be so from my limited use.

Yup, my experience too, except I found I could keep it from leaking if I sucked inside the hole in the connecter dry w/ a syringe. As long I was carefull, I could keep them from leaking. The first two I had lasted a week a piece. Untill one died in a BIG way and left debris in the batt connector, shorting out the batt...Cut To: using a 510 batt. lol The second order of them I got, a 5 pack, were all defective and got holes burned in the side after a day or two of use. I'mm all done w/ the mega cartos now. I have 4 eGo mega attys(one died), and 6 more on the way. I took advantage of the myfreedomsmokes 40% off sale w/ coupon code "smoke", comes out to $6.57 a piece. Can't beat that, and they hold more juice than the cartos and no syringes needed. Now, health cabin is selling eGo mega LR attys at 1.5ohm for $7.50. Not much into LR, but at that price I have to try a couple.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Thanks for the input. On the leaking issue, I saw a video on filling these somewhere and the guy put the syringe down each side of the carto when he finished filling to draw up excess juice. I did this and it sucked up a little bit. Wonder if that's where the leaking could originate. I've had no leaking to date (knock on wood).

Anywho, still working well on the 510XL battery, and still no vapour on exhale (hehe).

Days. It must be only days away to my ego arrives.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Thanks for the input. On the leaking issue, I saw a video on filling these somewhere and the guy put the syringe down each side of the carto when he finished filling to draw up excess juice. I did this and it sucked up a little bit. Wonder if that's where the leaking could originate. I've had no leaking to date (knock on wood).

Anywho, still working well on the 510XL battery, and still no vapour on exhale (hehe).

Days. It must be only days away to my ego arrives.

Yea, I always aspirated out the excess juice on either side of the carto, as well as the batt conection. They can still leak, but if done carefully they don't. Unless the juice is too thin, then there is no blocking the flood gates.

The eGo mega cartomizers have a 2.6 ohm resistance, the only issue I can think of with batteries is using LR atties or Cartos on any PV system with less than 450mah.

The wide variety of performance can't be a good thing. So far I've enjoyed my eGo mega carto's, just wished they lasted longer than a week. Thinking maybe the Boge's are my new besties, the soft cap is just to damn easy to refill and the 2ohmers hit like a pro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread