Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Umm..7.1? :?:

Hey...I think I actually broke a CLR head. Dropped the base of my Odyssey CLL on the floor and I must’ve bent the CLR head or something. Thereafter the base wouldn’t screw into the tank as smoothly as before, although it seemed to vape fine.

Tried to rebuild it twice since then, but the resistance reading is all over the place. Couldn’t figure out why, so I gave up and tossed it in the parts container.

Didn’t think it was possible to break one - thought I’d lose them due to worn grommets, if anything.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Hey...I think I actually broke a CLR head. Dropped the base of my Odyssey CLL on the floor and I must’ve bent the CLR head or something. Thereafter the base wouldn’t screw into the tank as smoothly as before, although it seemed to vape fine.

Tried to rebuild it twice since then, but the resistance reading is all over the place. Couldn’t figure out why, so I gave up and tossed it in the parts container.

Didn’t think it was possible to break one - thought I’d lose them due to worn grommets, if anything.

She jumped in front of me since technically she turned me onto them. I guess that makes me 3.2 ;)

On your issue. Is is the coil or the base? I've dropped them, and sometimes I need to take a needle nose to the base, to squeeze them back together (so they sit squarely). The other thing that sometimes happens with drops, is that the 510 pin pushes in a bit. When that happens you won't get a connection.

Just take a screw driver and left turn it out a touch, and turn it back out a touch, and you just regain connection.

Off center though is normally a needle-nose squeeze. At least in my cases.

They're tough little buggers, and do recover nicely. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Thinking it through - ignore what I said. Obviously something went haywhire in the coil. As long as you're holding some stock, yeah - in the bin. :thumb:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Just take a screw driver and left turn it out a touch, and turn it back out a touch, and you just regain connection.

Uh huh.

I am still loving my ONE ego mega 2.5 ml tank and my odessey tanks. If anyone needs larger tank parts just LET ME KNOW.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that one of my favorite (and only) Joytech mods (Evic primo 2 or something) had 510 issues. I was unscrewing a tank and this giant TUBE type thing started extruding itself all sudden like. I didn't do anything weird.

Anyway, I hastily shoved it back in there, and thankfully was able to get the tank OFF. The little ring thing around the pin is not fully back in place, although I'd imagine that MAYBE it can be fixed.

I would also like to thank Joytech for making another thing that I can't use due to connection problems... Joytech is like the squirrels of vaping for me. So cute, so lovely until one gets trapped in your dorm room and you can't get it out for longer than you'd wish, and you realize like, they're just rats with tails.

I don't really blame Joytech I knew better than to buy it.... But I did.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Uh huh.

I am still loving my ONE ego mega 2.5 ml tank and my odessey tanks. If anyone needs larger tank parts just LET ME KNOW.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that one of my favorite (and only) Joytech mods (Evic primo 2 or something) had 510 issues. I was unscrewing a tank and this giant TUBE type thing started extruding itself all sudden like. I didn't do anything weird.

Anyway, I hastily shoved it back in there, and thankfully was able to get the tank OFF. The little ring thing around the pin is not fully back in place, although I'd imagine that MAYBE it can be fixed.

I would also like to thank Joytech for making another thing that I can't use due to connection problems... Joytech is like the squirrels of vaping for me. So cute, so lovely until one gets trapped in your dorm room and you can't get it out for longer than you'd wish, and you realize like, they're just rats with tails.

Anna

The only mods I've had of theirs are the Primo Minis, and they've been great for me, but I recall something being wrong with one of their mods, fairly recently. I just don't remember what it was.

Age happens. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Katdarling

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

I have three Joyetech mods, I think--an older eVic mini, a Pico and a new eVic Primo mini (and a bunch of old eGo Twists :)). Never had a problem with connectivity on those myself, but stuff happens. They are mass produced, after all. Did you try to contact Joyetech? How old is the mod? It may be under warranty and they are (or at least used to be) pretty good about honoring their warranties. And they should know about problems/defects people experience with their products. If we don't tell them, how are they going to know? ;)

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The mod is medium old but several month I think. Time is passing to fast, I wanna say 4 but maybe 6 months? LOL the funny thing is after it didn't die after the first week I got one on sale for the vacopalypse closet. Maybe a poor choice. I do not hold Joytech responsible really. I mean, me and Joytech are a thing.

I figure I will give it to the husband to mess with.

I don't think Joytech needs to know that there is this ONE user who has problems with their stuff. I don't think they will care and I don't think they SHOULD care. They aren't catering to the terminally abusive.

I have mod companies I SHOULD write letters to, love letters, like Teslacigs. Etc.

Anna

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I don't think Joytech needs to know that there is this ONE user who has problems with their stuff.

If you had a specific problem, it's very likely that others did too. I always let manufacturers know, not so much to get my money back but rather to inform them that there might be an issue so they can fix it or pay more attention to in the future. I've been doing this from day one--I consider it my community service. :D

Their warranty is 90 days, so you're past that, but I would still let them know. But that's me... ;)

Warranty

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have mod companies I SHOULD write letters to, love letters, like Teslacigs. Etc.

And you should. I really believe in user feedback. I've been writing and calling manufacturers and vendors for the last 9 years. :lol: From Bloog and SmokStick in the old days to Joyetech and Aspire. They were all very nice and responsive. As a matter fact, I contacted Joyetech about CLR coils also. I wanted to know if they would consider making a CLR coil with 2.2-2.5 mm air hole because I like it better than 1.8 and 3.5 mm; CS forwarded my email to their engineer and we had a very pleasant and informative exchange. And even though they said they had no plans to introduce any new CLR coils, we had a very nice back and forth. :D

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
#6:)
Glad to see some activity, and a big HELLO to everyone !
Grateful I found these tanks and all of you. They really run themselves - just re-wick and go.
Hope you are all doing great!
Huge hello to you Nanny!

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Great to see you in here Chili! Hope you're well.
Hey Foggy! I'm so glad you are getting some time off the road!
I'm doing better than the last time we met, not in remission yet but I am feeling better!
Great to see ya here :wub:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Hi all, in case i missed something, is a top filling tank compatable with CL/CLR coils existing ?
    I only know the Pico but don't like it...
    Thanks to all !

I am not sure what you are asking. Pico is a mod, which tank are you talking about or did I misunderstand the question?

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2018
    No, there's a tank called the Pico Rta.
    It's a top fill tank that you can coil yourself or may accept CLR coils .
    It's a great mtl tank but i don't like it's look.
    You can find it at Fasttech (cloned) for around 10€.
    There are several models available, check carefully as some don't have the CLR adaptors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread