eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
Well, as the CLR's are incredibely strong, I'm starting to miss some tanks for them.
I gave a lot of my ego v2 to a friend, he brokes them very too often, and I can't find (sended to France) any offers for v2 megas or tron-s ones...
Shame on me as some months ago I could find some V2's for less than 10€ ppin on Aliexpress but now it's gone !
And vape NW sadly doesn't send their incredibely good offer for VT kits to France.
So my main hope for 2020 is to find some V2 mega or Tron-s !!
Best regard to all CLR users !

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Just a heads up, E-Juice Steals has EGO One CLR 5PKS on sale for .99c.
They are Ti but for less than a buck:thumb:
That a deal ! Here the Mrs and i have lifetime supply and then some but surely this will help others stock up as they are easily recoiled with Kanthal or any wire or used as is.
Went to the site and indeed they are 99 cents did not look at shipping etc .

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
hello , i like coil clr 1.0 joyetech, but i would like to use it with other atomizer than ego v2. would you recommend me other compatible new tank without leaks , because with ego one v2 i have leaks.
thank you

Hello, you should not have leaks with à mega V2 tank.
It's one of the best non-leaking tanks...
I think you may not have enough cotton.

^^^ Exactly. :)

npil

Feb 27, 2020
Hello, you should not have leaks with à mega V2 tank.
It's one of the best non-leaking tanks...
I think you may not have enough cotton.
i dont have leak always , ussually just before become empty the tank. i have some leak from open hole.whta did you mean about cotton ?, i put the factory coil 1 ohm with its own cotton.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
i dont have leak always , ussually just before become empty the tank. i have some leak from open hole.whta did you mean about cotton ?, i put the factory coil 1 ohm with its own cotton.

Double check that both the coil and the base are as tight as they can be. Both can be a bit deceiving if you're not familiar with it. Every time you fill the tank, you may need to twist the coil back in tightly (I do).

Also the base. Sometimes it feels like it's fully tightened up, but a strong turn might show that it wasn't.

The final thing is never let your tank get too low. Once you get down around 25%, you're taking chances. It might be fine, but it also might not be. I usually fill at about half, and mine never leak.

The factory cotton is not very good.
Not a great taste, not a good capillarity. (I don't know if it's the correct word, i'm French )
You should replace it with organic Japanese cotton or with rayon for better results.
BTW, hi Dave, nice to read you

And HELLOOOO, Mr. L.!!! :D It's always nice to see you too, and I hope things are well in your part of this crazy world.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have had leaking from the very best tank which accepts the ego one mega coil. I don't like those tanks, but it's because I can't get them to read correctly, although I THINK I may have figured out why.

I keep meaning to get one but they are getting hard to find, AND in case I am wrong I don't want to give anyone on this thread more fodder for amusement at my tragic failures..

BUT, the best tank (the Oddessy, now sadly discontinued) will leak, and yes,, toward the tank emptying. I's usually my coil either not screwed in ALL the way, or I am in need of a better wicking job.

If you are getting your tanks to read, consider yourself fortunate. LOL. But, I would probably focus on the coil itself a bit.. They can be finick little buggers.

You could try other tanks there is an exhaustive list somewhere on this thread. The tron -S (also sucks in my opinion when it comes to the connection AND it is ugly as sin) especially the gynecological pink one. But, you could give them a shot, I guess. I tried a Wismec tank and got some life out of it with no leakage, but I'm fairly sure you can probably fix the leaks you are getting in the tanks you have.

Good luck,
Anna

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Would like to add sometimes unscrew the coil from base then reopen the base airflow as it closes when unscrewing it from coilhead and once airslot is open flush out with water and i dry it out with tissue afterwards. Usually there will be a little fluid in there .
Mine will leak it is telling me the coil needs to be re-wicked again.

As a i diy e-liquid a little over 90% PG so its very thin i use a fair amount of cotton snug in coil but not real tight either and the juice flow ring on the coilhead is nearly closed - screwed almost closed because
diy e-liquid is so thin.
Hope this helps others.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
The factory cotton is not very good.
Not a great taste, not a good capillarity. (I don't know if it's the correct word, i'm French )
You should replace it with organic Japanese cotton or with rayon for better results.
BTW, hi Dave, nice to read you

38d3b125-fabf-44bb-9a25-af342384e4d4-2f96a48c-ea06-400b-8401-cc0e6887a36c-v1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread