Ego Stardust burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoobPatrol

Moved On
Jan 14, 2012
I have been trying to vape an ego stardust on a regular battery (vapes at like 3.7v i think) and it is great for a few puffs, but then always tastes burnt, then I leave it for a bit and it will be fine later, I am wondering if there is something I can do to avoid this? I have just purchased an ego c twist and hope to vape at higher voltages in the 4.4-4.8 v range, but with a problem like this at a low voltage, it would be impossible i think.

Please provide any advice you can, I have tried several different batteries, all low voltage, i dont try my lavatube with it, and I have used a couple of different stardusts, but the problem persists. Is this common?

Please help!

Thanks.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
It would help if you said what the ohm is on the stardust. I have one at 2.1Ω that I vape with a regular eGo-c batt with a lighter flavor that an lr atty (1.8Ω) will burn out the taste. But the 2.1 does just fine. If you have a 1.7 or 1.8Ω coil and are using a light flavor, you could very well be burning it out. And if it is 'ok' after letting it lay for a while, then it's most likely burning the ejuice rather than having a gunked up coil - where letting it lay wouldn't fix the burnt taste.

With all hardware being ok - ie. clean atty, battery voltage good - you have to match the wattage for the flavor you're vaping for the best taste without burning or on the other side, not getting enough flavor. And the 'sweet spot' changes with each flavor you vape. A Twist will go far toward finding the right sweet spot - since you can use any ohm as a constant, and then just tweak the voltage.

I haven't found many, but there are some really light flavors that taste best between 4 and 6 Watts, most light flavors do best between 6 and 8 Watts and stronger flavors need 8-10 Watts to bring out their flavor. In my experience, only strong coffee/espresso flavors can take (and sometimes need) over 10+ Watts to 'open up'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread