Ego-t 1000 mah

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
I've bought 6 non-joytech ego-t batteries since January. Two already bad. I've also stockpiled several used Kanger T-3 bottom coils.

I've got one that shows charged in 3 different chargers , but immediately blinked when the Kanger is attached. I thought "it too must be junk", so I tried a different T-3 bottom coil from my used pile (I literally boiled the lot on the stove for about 5 minutes in water). I found one that hit like a champ, so there's something going on with these units, other than the batteries. Apparently a worn out coil will "give a false positive" of a bad battery. It makes sense that a bad coil would send the overheat signal to the bat. switch, telling the battery to turn off.

I don't leave them plugged in overnight. Rarely dropped. Using PG/VG 70/30/ or 60/40. I took one apart, and could not figure out how to separate the switch from the glue.

I'm not ready to try another product.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
Your chargers are probably the culprit.
All Joyetech batteries include a smartchip.
It kicks in only when you use a branded Joye charger.
Other eGo ones will obviously work.
But it might make the smartchip go haywire.
I've heard of this happening before.
Best investment for your Joyetech products.
Is $8 spent on an extra branded charger.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Your buying knockoffs and I got a few of those kicking around and they sure don't add up compared to the origionals, to put it simply THEY ARE CRAP!!!. If the battery doesn't have the manufacture stamp like EGO on the side or SMOK on the bottom your not getting origional equipment. I'm finding vendors are advertising premium batteries and opening the mail order parcel and finding they shipped knockoffs. I was once bitten that way for a couple smoketech batteries I paid premium price for then opened the mailorder parcel to find I was sent knockoffs...not a happy camper.

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
That's what I've read: anything but Joyetech is junk. I need to add more info....

I bought the wife one Joyetech 650 mah kit. Both those batteries are gone, 4 months down the road. I then bought two 650 mah clones about two months ago. One still works, one has gone "haywire". Soon after that I heard about price angels, bought 2 650's, two 1300's for $23.00 TOTAL! Just received the Price Angels units. One 650 is acting strange, the other 3 are working. I'm finally convinced that there is a difference between Joyetech and the others.

I have every 1000/1300 mah unit working. I suspect that won't last long.........

The 1300 mah Price angel units seem to be o.k., so I'll keep this post updated.

Last edited:

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
One of four didn't work out of the puny packaging. Two 1300 mah's quit after one week, with one button sticking the day after I starting using. One 650 mah still going. I took them apart, seeing if I could fix. They put paper wadding between the battery and switch, unlike the genuine Joyetech that went bad on me. The ground wire at the circuit board appeared to be burned with the 3 P-A duds.

I've even seen where the pcb circuit board can be purchased for about $3.00, but I've already put them with the recycle stuff.

I'll hope to find units that last more than a few days. I've read about pro vari, volcano and other "big units". I have yet to learn about the life cycle of the larger products.

Lesson learned.....

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
Alright, yet another stupid purchase made! The Price-angel 1300 mah ego-t's all in the scrap bin. One 650 still working.

I found another China site, EGO-T 1300mAh black color battery special for ego-t 1300mAh electronic cigarette. "That looks like the real thing, $8.00. Free shipping. WOW"! They took about 3 weeks to deliver.

DOH!!! They were packaged in a simple shipper envelope, no additional packaging. One quit working after 5 minutes, and it got so hot it burned my wifes finger. Their website pic. is not what I received. The ego-t logo is not on these units. The button is black, not clear.

The other five are working just as good as any Joyetech I've used. I got what I paid for...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread