Ego T 1100 mah not staying charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
I recently purhased 2 Ego T 1100 mah batteries on Ebay and maybe that is the issue here. These are new and since I started using them, they only want to stay charged 2-3 hours max.

I am a heavy vaper but I have used the same type battery in the past and got way longer charge times. I am wondering what the issue could be with these?

I have tried charging them in the wall as well as through the usb and my computer with the same results so I dont think it could be a voltage issue with the charging.

They do click off if I push the button the 5 times so I don't think they are counterfit or fake batteries but I am unsure.

Any advice here? I have contacted the seller to ask for help but thought I would ask the experts here.

TIA
Kim

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Sorry you are having trouble. Generic eGo style batteries usually have the 5 click on/off, that's not an indication of the manufacturer. "eGo" has become the name for a type of battery, it's not a brand. The original eGo was made by Joyetech and will have the Joyetech logo on the bottom. I tend to recommend getting at least one authentic battery, since people seem to have less trouble with them.

egolatest.jpg

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I am leery of buying vape gear on ebay since you will have no recourse at all. eBay does not allow vape stuff to be sold so a vendor selling on it is skirting the rule. Complaining will just get your paypal/ebay acts closed and the vendors as well.

That said. I have had mixed experiences with ego batteries. I vape heavily and tend to run 1.8 ohm attys on them. My 1000 mah (which are now 8 months old) barely hold up 4 hours. My Spinners which are often set to 4 volts barely last me 3 hours and they are the longer 1300 mah. BOTH are original Joyetech.

I do have one crappy knockoff 650 mah ego from fasttech. The quality difference is apparent just by feel. It will barely go 2 hours.

With an ebay seller there is just no way to know if you have something that actually IS new or is used and they are claiming new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread