eGo-T 650mAh Battery charging question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thxone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Concord, NC
I have a question on charging my eGo-T 650... All I have is the USB charger for it and the battery screws into the charger (Is not a pass through battery). When I plug it into a usb port on my computer (USB 2.0) the light on the battery button lights up blue and stays on, the light on the charger lights up red and stays on. I charged it like this for almost 8 hours and nothing changed. Now, I have a spare wall charger from my Blu starter kit with a USB port on it (the specs look right for using it with my USB charger as far as output) and I used it with the eGo-T usb charger. The light on the battery button lights up blue... then after a bit goes off... no light. The red light on the usb charger is red then after a while turns amber/yellow... but has never turned green. It does light up green when plugged in but no battery in attached so I know the green light works.

My question to you Vet's is What should be lite up on what when I am charging my 650mAh battery?
How long does it really need to charge?
Will that darn light turn green... ever?

Thanks in advance!!

Unspokenzero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Germany
try removing all additional usb's from your computer ie. mouse, keyboard, hdd.. your total output for usb on a computer is 5v. If you have a 110-USB adapter for anything else in the house try that out it may work for you. also look in the contacts and make sure they are clean on your eGo battery and your charger.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I could be wrong but that seems like the battery is in trouble, based on the behavior you describe when it is connected to two different charging setups. The only way to rule it in/out is to try a different battery with the same chargers.

This isn't worth messing around with. In the greater scheme of the cost of a battery versus potential for "battery go boom!" - replace the battery if there is ever any doubt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread