Ego-t and other tank system cringe worthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i was reading the forums last night and this morning and a random
question popped into my head.
How many of you ex ego tank users cringe when you see a new user
has picked the ego-t as their beginning device?
I do understand that it is a gateway on to better things and you still of course
have the batts, etc.
Though if i was to do it again, i would have just gone with the normal ego/riva system or the e-power i have coming.
Sorry if this post discourages those of you who have just stepped into the exciting world
of vaping....the tank system really isn't horrible...it just has a low likability rate.:p

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
When the tanks first came out, I thought "Wow this is gonna be great". But, I am never the one to be an early adopter of new technology.

Now, I don't think I want to try a tank because of the many comments I have seen on ECF about leaking and loss of flavor.

On the other hand, there are many who love it. So it appears to be a crap shoot. Probably a 50/50 chance of liking it.
Not good enough odds for me.

+1 on the cringe factor.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Not me really . My first up grade , was to an EGO-t and was , without a doubt , the turning point for me , stopping the analogs . Yes , they sometimes leaked , but they still had a lot more vapor and flavor than the El Cheapo's The E-power you have coming , was actually my next step as well . Just not as pocket friendly , as the Ego's , but finally , a system with cheaper batteries available . I have since , moved on . Look at my signature .

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Pyre...if a newbie wants the tank system, and it works for them, that's fantastic. The whole idea behind ecigs is getting off stinkies. Personally, I hated them. Not because of all the problems, but because I couldn't taste my wonderful juices. I am too used to using Boge, Ikenvape.com, and dual coil cartomizers that provide tons of vapor/flavor/throathit. Certain setups work for certain people and don't for others. That's what makes it enjoyable and fun. Plus, with people using said setups, it helps others if they run into trouble or want to know more about a product.

I'm sure you want to kick yourself in the britches over the tank system but hey, you learned not to fall into all the hype about a new product. In the long run, read reviews before buying anything. You found ECF, so read, read, read if something catches your eye.

Good luck and get yourself a box of Boge cartomizers....you'll be glad you did.

ThreePutt

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
DFW Texas
No cringe here, although the wife complains about her tank leaking. We did the mall kiosk eciggies a couple of years ago and failed. Coming back to the PVs, the Rivas/Joye/Egos were recommended as starter units. I liked the tank concept, as I remember refilling those stupid eciggy carts years ago. Anything that I could fill once and vape awhile was great.

I also looked for other accessories, and am enjoying the LR and dual coil cartos. I haven't standardized on a particular carto, as some of the juices seem a little caustic when heated with the LR/DC cartos.

In regards to leaking, I haven't had any, although my newb fingers do make a mess sometimes when refilling. I think the wife's "leakage" problem is from drawing hard and fast. I sometimes borrow her tanks to sample juices (she used pink-colored tanks), and I don't have leakage - even using the same tanks she's complaining about.

And yet, with other posters, it seems to be more of a mechanical/manufacturing issue with the tanks. I agree - about 50/50.

Hairball, i have been going for a while on this vaping thing, but regardless, thank you very much for the information.
I honestly don't wish to completely knock the tank. As it was a gateway for me stopping another habit, and i was grateful for it as my first REAL vape. Before it, i had gotten a little overpriced crapstick called the SS choice no. 7 because i hadn't done the research.
I just wished i had gone with the normal ego/riva system instead, since atm i am using cartos and dripping with atties.
Regardless, like i mentioned, at least you still have the batteries if you need to get something better.

edit: also Threeputt, i have noticed the same thing with cartos and some juices.
In fact there is a certan juice i love quite a bit, but if i throw it into a carto, it tastes like a different beast and gives me some issues...so i save it for yummy dripping.

Last edited:

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
I cringe more when a newbie asks for help for their ego-T and the only replies they get tell them they should buy something else. It's a great suggestion and all but it doesn't help them with their immediate problem. Just sayin'.

I don't cringe because it really worked for me. I use 100% VG and it works just fine. There are "better" options out there like now I prefer cartos over the tank but if it's all you have it's not bad and you still get the great ego batteries to stick other 510 compatible gear onto. A decent starting PV that's a cut ahead of mall kiosk rebrands.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Having used an eGo Tank system for several weeks with no issues, I was looking for a bit more flavor. The tank seemed to mute the flavor compared to the carts I used previously..

My new favorite eGo combo uses the relatively new eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers. Reviews HERE and THERE. HERE is where you can get the kit.

Slot-Tech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
California
I started out with the Tornado Tank system and have since moved on to other pv's.
I still use my Tank system here and there. I found out that if I pop off the cover on the end of the mouth piece and the other one right below it with a paper clip it stops the restriction of air flow and vapes much better.
Most of the time I just use the batteries with (as others have said) a LR atty or boge carto it works really well this way.
I don't feel like I wasted my money as it's good to have a back up system just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread