Ego-t atty piercing plate help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Haha I can't get the plate back on. I need some tips on how you put the piercing plate back in the type A atty. I tried putting it on the tank, sliding the tank in and it just comes back out still attatched to the tank. I am using a hard cap but do have a silicone cap, but don't think that will make a difference. I tried sticking it in with my handy dandy tweezers and then banging down on the sides with a screwdriver working my way around. Nope, didn't work. What gives?

I took it apart because it wasn't wicking. I'm using a thin clear juice, the atty and tank is brand new. I've never used these before and I got them on clearence for super cheap to play around with. The wick needed major adjusting, i'm sure it wasn't even touching the coil.

If I can't get it back on, looks like it would make a good dripping atty. and for only $2 I'm ahead of the game ;)

GwenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Haha I can't get the plate back on. I need some tips on how you put the piercing plate back in the type A atty. I tried putting it on the tank, sliding the tank in and it just comes back out still attatched to the tank. I am using a hard cap but do have a silicone cap, but don't think that will make a difference. I tried sticking it in with my handy dandy tweezers and then banging down on the sides with a screwdriver working my way around. Nope, didn't work. What gives?

I took it apart because it wasn't wicking. I'm using a thin clear juice, the atty and tank is brand new. I've never used these before and I got them on clearence for super cheap to play around with. The wick needed major adjusting, i'm sure it wasn't even touching the coil.

If I can't get it back on, looks like it would make a good dripping atty. and for only $2 I'm ahead of the game ;)

Did you pierce the end cap on it or was it a pre pierced one...some times you can push the top down a little too much and this seems to strangle it....you can lift it up slightly using a flat micro screw driver, providing your careful you can gently tease the spike up a bit, ideally the plate should be level with the top of the atty body, but you can raise it about 1ml over to see if its just the reach on the spike not properly getting into the hole so to speak.

Just insert the head of the screwdriver into the gaps and gently prise it up both sides so its level or just over the edge and see if that works...good luck!

Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. May want to toss it and use a new one. Caveat emptor .

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Watch Vicky:

That said, if you like the eGo-T, I suggest you switch to eGo-C--same idea but it comes with replaceable atties. Much easier to use and cheaper in the long run; all you need is one atomizer body (I prefer type A) a few plastic type A tanks (the ones you already have will fi) and replacement atty heads. GEt the 2.2Ω atties--the 1.8Ω ones are not very good--in my experience.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Well, lets see i have tried using a cap that I pre punched and one that I allowed the plate to punch to try to reinsert the plate.

I have no trouble using another atty with the tanks. They work great for me. In fact I love them. The flavor is good, just like direct dripping. No leaking, no issues. I've been using one tank with the same cap for almost a month with tons of refills. In fact I was questioning why I bought so many caps. After reading around, I guess I just got lucky. Many people do not like this system.

Yes, after reading what you suggested, I could have done it differently but I wanted to see what made it tick. Maybe too much trouble, but I do enjoy the tinker. The problem is the plate is totally removed and I want to get it back in. Sure I could toss it, or use it to drip, which its working great for. But I want to know how to re insert in case I need to.

Anyone? Help me shove this thing back in there. lol

Happy vaping!

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Watch Vicky:

That said, if you like the eGo-T, I suggest you switch to eGo-C--same idea but it comes with replaceable atties. Much easier to use and cheaper in the long run; all you need is one atomizer body (I prefer type A) a few plastic type A tanks (the ones you already have will fi) and replacement atty heads. GEt the 2.2Ω atties--the 1.8Ω ones are not very good--in my experience.

Good luck.

Hi!!! Thank you, I have seen that video. It does not show how to put the plate back in the atty, which is what I want suggestions on. I truly appreciate you taking the time to post this and it helps for the future. ;)

I do know of the ego-c. I guess when someone like me, takes 3 steps backwards in buying some stuff on clearance it would be questioned and maybe hard to understand. Why get that? There is xyz now that is better! lol Oh well, I appreciate the suggestions and i'm using a pro-tank as I type this, so it's not the end of the world if I don't get it back in there. I could use the needle nose, but dont want to squish the spike tube. lol Happy Monday!

skorpios1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
West Jordan, UT
Well, lets see i have tried using a cap that I pre punched and one that I allowed the plate to punch to try to reinsert the plate.

I have no trouble using another atty with the tanks. They work great for me. In fact I love them. The flavor is good, just like direct dripping. No leaking, no issues. I've been using one tank with the same cap for almost a month with tons of refills. In fact I was questioning why I bought so many caps. After reading around, I guess I just got lucky. Many people do not like this system.

Yes, after reading what you suggested, I could have done it differently but I wanted to see what made it tick. Maybe too much trouble, but I do enjoy the tinker. The problem is the plate is totally removed and I want to get it back in. Sure I could toss it, or use it to drip, which its working great for. But I want to know how to re insert in case I need to.

Happy vaping!

Hi Skypea,

Gods it's been a while since I dealt with the eGo-T (I don't thnk the soft caps were even available then). I never really had much trouble getting the plate back in - I would just put the plate on the tank and press it into the atty until it popped into place. If I remember correctly, the piercing plate was just a press fit. Depending on the method you used to remove the plate - perhaps you deformed the atty to the point where the plate doesn't fit anymore. You might try to press the plate in and if it comes back out, try rotating it 90 degrees and try again. Other than that I don't know :(

I gave up on the eGo-T fairly quickly, I'd run a couple of tanks through an atty and start having various issues. I found that once I removed the plate, I would never be able to get the thing to work right again. I would recommend the eGo-C over the eGo-T, though I don't use the C anymore either, just because of the modular design of the atty.

GwenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia

Happy vaping!
super glue

.....kidding

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Gwen, I actually have some super glue and I know how to use it. lol

Hello skorpios, thanks for your thoughts and taking part in my crazy.

And last but not least thank you Kent C for taking time out also to send me the video. At about 9:38 she takes a screw driver that has removable heads and uses the shaft of the screwdriver to push the plate back in. It worked like a charm and now I've conquered the ego t atty with a lot of help from my friends at ECF. Hmmm, what shall I take apart next? Haha!

Thanks guys and gals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread