eGo-T battery airflow issue with Stardusts

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKSkang

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have two ego-t batts and one is fine, beautiful in fact... But the other is such a drag to vape (punn intended lol... Lame, I know).

Any tips from you veterans? They both thread the same, both have same depth airflow ducts, I've tried losening them but when I get a connection it's already a tight draw.

Worst case scenario I'll use this as my maintainace unit and dry burns. But I hope to get it fixed as I only currently use Stardusts and I really need a backup battery on the go :(

BTW, they are authentic joyetech stainless batts and I've used four Stardusts to test them.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
The battery that works fine probably has a center post that sticks up a tad more than the other.

Many folks have commented about tight drag on the Vision/Stardusts. On another forum a member took to drilling a small hole thru the metal collar. I would suggest you deepen/widen a couple of the air inlets (there are 4) on the Stardust.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
on the battery or the cartos? cause one of the batteries is okay, but if it's the battery centre connector, how do i do this and is it safe?

thanks!!

Sorry for the late reply....I was talking about the center pin of the Stardust. You can get a pair of small tweezers or some needle nose pliers and just rock it side to side while pulling gently. You will see it start to move out. The further you move it out the more air flow you will get. Be carefull not to jerk it out though. If you get too much air flow then just push it back in a little.

LKSkang

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sorry for the late reply....I was talking about the center pin of the Stardust. You can get a pair of small tweezers or some needle nose pliers and just rock it side to side while pulling gently. You will see it start to move out. The further you move it out the more air flow you will get. Be carefull not to jerk it out though. If you get too much air flow then just push it back in a little.

thanks for the clarification, my only concern then is that there will be too much airflow in the other battery that is currently good... hmm... maybe i'll try to find a nice medium... thanks again!!

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL

OOOO thank you for this! I use Vision Ego Clearomizers (which I think are exactly the same thing) and one of them is so hard to draw it is like sucking a too-thick milkshake through a small straw. No fun at all. That one just sits there unused. I'm going to try messing with the pin now....

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I have 3 egoT batteries, 1000mah and only one has a airflow issue with the Vision Clearomizers. It's so hard to draw on I cannot even use it, so it seems to be the battery. Any suggestions on what to do with the battery? I emailed the supplier i received it from but he won't even e-mail me back!!

Have you tried pushing down the center pin on the battery? Also try pulling out the center post on the Vision Clearo.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Optimo, thanks soooo much. I just tried it and it works great!!!!!! You saved me. I appreciate your help so much. I pushed the pin down on the battery and now it works like a charm. P.S. It will be 2 years next month with no analogs!!!!

Nice :) glad it worked and grats on 2 years! That's great news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread