Ego-T died, looking for something new

Status
Not open for further replies.

midficollege

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Texas
I'm looking for an ecig that's easier to fill than my KR808D-1, and with a slightly less intense throat hit, but with significantly more flavor and throathit than the Ego-T had even on its best days. Ego-C is a bit more than I'm hoping to spend, but it's a possibility. Is the throathit better than the Ego-T? How long do tanks, atomizers, batteries last? Any other suggestions?

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Suggestion 1: Make a 5v USB passthrough with a 510 connector and reuse your old parts for $4
VapeTalk - How to Make a 5V Passthrough for $4 - YouTube Problem with that is you will have no mobility outside of being tethered to a computer or using a DC USB adapter from your car's lighter.

Suggestion 2: Get a KGO with a 306 LR atomizer ( about 5 bucks but you need a 306 drip tip for 3 bucks tho to hit it) and drip and get some Boge LR 2.0 ohm Cartomizers for when you are on the go. OR get a tank system for it like a MAP or one of the cheaper ones but watch out for Smoktech's dual coil cartomizer tank system. They have a tiny hole in the carto and they have a really terrible draw even if you enlarge the hole or slot the cartomizer with a dremel. Most people prefer the CE2 cartomizer tanks. You can make a free tank system to try out with little effort here:
Home made DIY Carto Tank Mod - YouTube

I enjoyed my experience with Dark City Vapors. The owner, Bill (who is an avid member of this community), is right there on instant chat seemingly 24/7 to answer any questions you have and his KGO Starter Kit comes with cartomizers (10 of them! 5 SLB Standard Resistance XL cartos and 5 you get to choose from Boge or Smoktech) with your choice of drip tip (not 306 atty compatible tho) for 48 bucks. The KGO battery outperforms the 18650 battery that is used in bigger mods and all other EGO style batteries and it's 1100mah so it lasts a good long time. You can use coupon code ECFDCV for 5% off and all orders over 65 bucks ships free. He ships all orders by 2pm every day but Sunday. Also his KGO starter kits are not stamped with his store name like Hoosierecigsupply's are which I personally find annoying. I'm the guy who heat guns off the dealer decals off his car.

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
My suggestion is to get that one

Janty electronic cigarettes, e-liquids and carts - NEO classic Puromizers

and use it with your Ego-T batteries if you don't want to spent more on the entire kit, although buying the kit will have better results.
It is exactly what you want: easy to fill with nozzle bottles, much - and I mean really much - more flavour and TH than EGO, plus not this ego-harsh throat effect.
I tried it a month ago and now it's my main PV - cannot go back to EGO-T's. Vaping is really a pleasure now!

midficollege

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Texas
Thanks for all the suggestions. The batteries were, in point of fact, what died on me, but the atomizers were getting a bit ratty as well. I'll be looking at going the Ego-C or similar in a few months when my finances are looking a bit better. As a stopgap, I ended up buying a USB passthrough for the 808D from V4L, an extra long battery, and some of their premium blank cartos in both low and high resistance. It's possible that an HR atty for the 808 might make the difference in terms of the heat and intensity of the throat hit. I already had two working batteries for that, so this should help. I was never terribly impressed with the Ego-T anyway, simply because trying the same juice side by side with a reused 808 carto and the ego-t was night and day. This VG BASIC liquid "Tobacco #3" flavor I got from cignot provided an extremely clear perspective for this, as it was unvapable on the 808 due to a strong cinammon aftertaste. I could barely taste anything from it on the ego. I'll definitely make one of those 5v USB passthroughs for the ego though. That would help me just finally get rid of this thing.

Last edited:

midficollege

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Texas
Ack- it turns out the batteries on the ego-t might not be dead and the contact on the charger just got dirty so it wasn't making contact (Which causes the light on the charger to show green). Let's see if it works again after charging again (although I am keeping an eye on the Janty website to see when the Neo comes back in stock).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread