ego T LCD batterie poblems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipsynoodle

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
Kempner, Texas
just got 3 LCD batteries for my Ego T and they do not seem to work or maybe I'm missing something? lol
I put them on the charger to charge, once the light went green I screwed my regular top on and i noticed the blue light blinks all the time.....exactly 6 times and then nothing for 5 seconds and then it blinks again, over and over......also while it blinks it activates the heating element...meanin i don't have to push the button to smoke.....Not good!! The LCD meanwhile reads OFF......if i lay it down it keeps on doing the same thing.......i tried pushing the button several times to "turn it on" but nothing helps.....at this rate it will just burn up my heating element......it did not come with instructions.....anyone know anything about these things??

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
just got 3 LCD batteries for my Ego T and they do not seem to work or maybe I'm missing something? lol
I put them on the charger to charge, once the light went green I screwed my regular top on and i noticed the blue light blinks all the time.....exactly 6 times and then nothing for 5 seconds and then it blinks again, over and over......also while it blinks it activates the heating element...meanin i don't have to push the button to smoke.....Not good!! The LCD meanwhile reads OFF......if i lay it down it keeps on doing the same thing.......i tried pushing the button several times to "turn it on" but nothing helps.....at this rate it will just burn up my heating element......it did not come with instructions.....anyone know anything about these things??

My Ego-T 1000mah battery is a 5 click on, 5 click off device. Did you try turning it off with 5 clicks? It's strange that it operates on a cycle that actually turns the heater coil on for 6 blinks and off for 6 blinks. That sounds like a test mode for the factory, something that allows them to use a light bulb as a load and visually check the batteries for operation in a test bed. That way, one that stays on or off all the time could be culled and designated as a bad part in QC.

I'd give the supplier a call. They should recognize it and tell you what to do to reset it. if not, they can replace it. 30 days is a common vendor warranty on batteries. I had a shorted atomizer once and it caused the battery to blink as if dead. Turned out the center post on the atty was pushed back into the outer ring. I fixed it with a paper clip hook.

Try another atty if you haven't already done that. You already said that the coil was being energized. I guess you are hearing a sizzle which would mean that the coil is getting voltage.

Last edited:

tipsynoodle

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
Kempner, Texas
i finally got them to work, i did try the 5 click method earlier but didn't do anything.....now it works...but......have noticed that 2 of them once they reach 100 count on the lcd and still fully charged....it starts to blink again and soon after no vapor......the 3rd one is at 189 count and doing ok...not sure how many counts i will get of off one, there were no instructions.......i did email the vendor...in china.....but haven't heard anything back yet.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread