Ego-T mega B tank leaking issues flooding etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

idk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
New Jersey
hi, i've been vaping for almost 3 weeks and tried a few different options on the joye ego-t.......when i'm using the tank it seems that i always have issues with the atty flooding all over the battery or juice coming out the tip, sometimes into my mouth......i've kind of solved the mouth flooding issue(yuck) w/ the silicone tips you can slide over the tank, but i still have the issue of the atty flooding and leaking all over my batteries. i have the cylinder style regular mega atties. i'm pretty much just dripping with lr 510 atties w/ my new pyrex drip tip which is great but is not all that practical as i would like to bring this to work on construction sites and i don't want the pyrex tip or have to drip at all for that matter. i work in the union and don't have time to mess around w/ dripping there. should i order the type b cartridges instead of the tanks or am i going to have the same issues? i have tried both the hard plastic and the silicone caps on the tank and they both do the same thing. i know it doesn't help that it's like 100 degrees out but it happens when i'm inside in the AC as well. i'm also thinking about getting a provari but i don't want to bring that to work either due to the size and i want to use a MAP tank i think so that makes size even worse(and it's expensive to possibly lose on a job).....my brother uses the greensmoke but i don't really like it all that much because the carts are expensive. any ideas would be greatly appreciated and i apologize for the ranting. my main issues are the atty leaking, and if anyone works in a field like mine, i'd like to know what they recommend for a work setup that is satisfying. I am really interested in the provari or vv in general, so any recommendations there are appreciated as well.

thanks in advance.......

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
I have had problems with leaky eGo's for awhile, and while I don't have a handle on all of the causes or a true fix, here are some things to try:
Remove the tank and blow out any fluid caught in the airlets.
Try adjusting the wick (you can find info somewhere on here about that).
Blow out your atomizer from the battery connection end.
Use a new tank, some times the hole for wicking is bigger than the needle for wicking, which leads to leaking.
I hope that helps some, and fiddling with equiptment is a pain, but it still is a learning process.

idk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
New Jersey
yeh i hate when i realize i have juice running down my hand lol, hate it even more when it gets in my mouth.........i'm just more careful about how i pull on it to avoid the mouth crap, but can't seem to avoid the flooding......have you tried the mega cartridges instead of the tanks? i can use the small cartridges with a reg 510 atty but i don't like having to refill or switch out carts that much if i'm on the go......i think i may try some cartomizers

thanks for the reply

idk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
New Jersey
yeh i hate when i realize i have juice running down my hand lol, hate it even more when it gets in my mouth.........i'm just more careful about how i pull on it to avoid the mouth crap, but can't seem to avoid the flooding, i'm not covering the air holes at the bottom of the atty, i know that can produce flooding......have you tried the mega cartridges instead of the tanks? i can use the small cartridges with a reg 510 atty but i don't like having to refill or switch out carts that much if i'm on the go......i think i may try some cartomizers

thanks for the reply

labgramma

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Denver, CO
www.ccrengines.com
I use the Ego Type B tank system and I have noticed that some attys will flood and leak like an old Subaru once the tank gets about half empty. Full, no problem.
For that reason, I carry an extra filled tank or so with me to change out when mine starts to leak.
It's new technology, and some attys will let you vape down to the last possible drop and some won't. I still like the vapor, flavor and sheer capacity of this system. Works for me anyway.

OrthodoxAtheist

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Redlands, CA
Erm... well I'm a noob here but I read a lot, and I read that the caps on the 2ml tanks were found to be a considerable cause of the leaking some were experiencing, so many vendors are selling spare caps so you don't re-use caps. I'm on my first 2ml tank and it is wonderful... the cylinder has a better draw than the cone, unit is getting less heated during chain-vaping, I'm getting more vape, more flavor... its turned my eGo-T from a great device to... for me, a perfect device. I hope I don't experience the leaking others have, but I did buy 5 2ml tanks and 15 replacement caps, so I'll be diligent with not re-using caps at least for 2 weeks (at my smoking rate) and report back on any leaking experiences.

Gru

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2011
Illinois
Causes for leaks on your battery are:
  • If you stand your eGo up or hold them in the upright position too long, gravity will pull juice down to the battery. The tanks models need to be kept level at all times except when you are puffing on it, then you can tilt it downward so gravity helps to feed the coil in the atty to give you maximum flavor and vapor.
  • If you draw too hard, you will pull juice right out of the chamber before it has a chance to atomize. This juice will also make its way to the battery if you don’t keep it level. You should only draw lightly enough to keep up with the vapor production of the atomizer.
  • If you have a clean dry atty, put 2 drops of juice on the wick and let it soak in for a few seconds before you put the new tank on. A dry wick needs a chance to absorb juice and expand, otherwise the juice will flow thru it too quickly, also making its way to the battery.

This juice will be making a trip to the mouthpiece with every draw, which is probably why you have juice in your mouthpiece.

Since you work in the field, it sounds like you need to keep them upright, like in your shirt pocket? If this is the case, then maybe the cartomizer might be a better fit for you. The cartomizers have a fiber fill which will help to hold the juice in place when upright.

VClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2011
Seattle
Is this maybe a problem with the B type tanks?

I have a type A (1.1ml) and have been refilling the same tank I started with last month, usualy about twice a day, and never seem to have leeking problems.

I also have about a dozzen other thanks in rotation for testing DIY flavors (can't find the right one, Yet) and none of them have shown a leeking problem either.

Only other thing I could think of is all my atties are real Joy-Tech, no off brands, so the holes are consistant in size and placement.

Wish you luck in figuring it all out.

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    I hear the B types are more leaky than the type A tanks, but some people swear by the B's. I don't know of any manufacturer cloning eGo tanks right now.

The silicone tank caps seem to be an improvement over the plastic caps as far as leaks goes. And one member discovered that pulling the atty apart and adjusting the wick really helped for leaks.

Last edited:

Fernand

ECF Veteran
    Oct 5, 2010
    Californeea
    I think the tanks all leak. The problem seems to be, assuming they are good at first, that the wick moves down and/or hardens. Cleaning the atomizer and raising the wick is tricky. Keeping the device vertical and upside down in your pocket helps. So does keeping the tank nearly full. Which kinda defeats the purpose. But if I wuz you, I'd get some cartomizers. Great with your eGo batteries. Try a few models, see what you like best. I think most vapers have piles of various atomizers, carts, you name it, periodically pick their favorites, then rotate, then rant about this or that device, then get some more schtuffe coming in the mail, etc. None of this technology is perfect. I keep coming back to the vanilla 510 atomizer+cart. Setting up say a dozen carts doesn't take long. Keep 'em in your pocket and just pop one on. But get some more variety, different units, and join the perfect vape seekers' club. Beats smoking. One more thought: different technologies for different environments. Tanks work best at the desk, where the mascheen rests in the horizontal state (if you ever take it out of your mouth). For vertical position and traveling, cartos are great.

Last edited:

Jeremy-WI

ECF Veteran
    Aug 23, 2011
    SW WI
    The type A have to be more prone to leaking with the cone shape as you are more likely to wear the hole on the talk oblong if you dont push it in perfectly each time. I haven't received mt type B yet, but they are supposed to be a straight wall which should help help the tank centered each time you put it in the atty. Myvaporstore.com has some rubber type caps for the type A and B tanks that might help, I have some ordered. And as mentioned you can buy new hard plastic caps as well. There is one issue with the plastic caps and its because they are flexible and the spike may not penetrate it and you could burn your atty, and a possible solution would be to poke a hole in the rubber cap with a syringe and that may give the spike a chance to get through easily with the rubber cap providing a good seal.

I have been off analogs for just a week now, but really enjoy vaping, and have a lot of orders out, EMDCC's, juices, a GLV3 mini.

Another tactic that might stop some leaking, let off the battery button before(1-3 seconds) you quit drawing on the eGo-T because the heat from the atty will draw moisture and juice from the tank and it helps keep the atty cooler. Some may already do this, but I wasn't until today. Another observation, I always would pull hard on analogs, but the Ego-T seems to have better results with a soft pull, don't seal your lips tightly around it

Caseyjp

Aug 23, 2011
    A, A
    I've been using the type A gear + 5 rotating tanks for about three weeks. The ONLY time I've had a leak was a humorous plug the tank in a hurry to try juice...and forgot to put the cap on. lol.

The reason I went type B besides larger juice capacity (I drive a cab), is that the 'a' tends to dry hit a bit, and is not good for chain vaping as it gets really hot very quickly. I adjusted my wick down just a touch with a pin after getting waaaay to many dry hits, and this resolved most of it.

Wick down in tube for dry hit issues, wick UP in tube to get rid of flooding issues.

I JUST got my type -B LR tank/atty today from cignot, and....big BIG BIG differences. no dry hits, better flavor...good vapor, and chaining it seems a lot cooler. No leaking at this point.

count dragula

Jul 9, 2011
    NoVA
    I suspect the eGo-T is temperature sensitive. When I was moving it from my pocket to laying it on the desk (in the aircon'd office), I had a lot of leaks. I think the temperature changes causes things to get loose.

I strapped a paper clip to the battery with a rubber band, and carry it tip down in my shirt pocket (in a folded napkin), and adjusted the wicks, and now I hardly ever see any leaks.
    (Usually only when I'm leaving it sit on the coffee table.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread