Status
Not open for further replies.

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
I don't know if its a trend but both of my new Ego T attys came dry as well. One is working fine, the other is a very hard draw with a burnt flavor. I've tried priming it six ways from Sunday to no avail. I'm hoping the new Vortex brings some consistency to the game but until then I'm with MsBree, I'll be sticking to my gotvapes clearos.

Sorry to hear this Emmitt, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one whose eGot T atty's came dry too!

Edit: I'm thinking of soaking one of the eGo-T attys in PG, and just flooding it and let it sit for awhile...then blow it out! Anyone think this might bring these dry atty's back to life?

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
The major complaint about the joy ego-t was it had tons of primer, enough so you can blow out enough to wet a napkin, this was true on my joye ego-t as well as the ovale ego-t which i presume is the joye ego-t, that primer to be honest impeded the way the ego-t worked until it started to actually flow properly or maybe thats the breaking in of the atomizer.
Many people where not to thrilled with the joye ego-t so we went the different route.

In emails we recieved asking when we would get the ego-t's in stock we where asked if they could come with less primer and since not many are fond of primer we asked them to cut it down drastically so the user can add thier own juice to the ego-t atty by dripping a few drops down the center post or using a blunt tip syringe which we sell to squeeze a few drops and prime it. After the ce2 became primer free we where looking into getting everything primer free but isnt possible to have done from the other factory.

We try to please everyone but if we have primer in them we are told they dont want primer and then if we have the primer remove or lessened then we hear they would like primer, so not sure where to go with this other then to let you all know to add a few drops of juice on the ego-t atomizer before use to prime it. If there are other suggestions that we can look into please let us know and we will see what is and isnt possible from the factory and see what can be done.

I will be adding a tech page tonight for the ego-t and and the 510 regular v2.0 smart cart

Last edited:

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
The major complaint about the joy ego-t was it had tons of primer, enough so you can blow out enough to wet a napkin, this was true on my joye ego-t as well as the ovale ego-t which i presume is the joye ego-t, that primer to be honest impeded the way the ego-t worked until it started to actually flow properly or maybe thats the breaking in of the atomizer.
Many people where not to thrilled with the joye ego-t so we went the different route.

In emails we revieved asking when we would get the ego-t's in stock we where asked if they could come with less primer and since not many are fond of primer we asked them to cut it down drastically so the user can add thier own juice to the ego-t atty by dripping a few drops down the center post or using a blunt tip syringe which we sell to squeeze a few drops and prime it. After the ce2 became primer free we where looking into getting everything primer free but isnt possible to have done from the other factory.

We try to please everyone but if we have primer in them we are told they dont want primer and then if we have the primer remove or lessened then we hear they would like primer, so not sure where to go with this other then to let you all know to add a few drops of juice on the ego-t atomizer before use to prime it. If there are other suggestions that we can look into please let us know and we will see what is and isnt possible from the factory and see what can be done.

I will be adding a tech page tonight for the ego-t and and the 510 regular v2.0 smart cart

Chris....thank you! I'm certainly not blaming anyone, and I had no idea that these were manufactured with purposely less primer. Not to add more work to you and Daniel, but perhaps cheat sheets or other informational sheets can be added to orders as they're being packaged, depending on what hardware a customer has ordered.

If you can remember back, I felt like a total 'dumb blonde', in tears, when I got my first Clearomizers...we even talked on the phone and you did a great job walking me through it...and I'll always be grateful for that! With persistence, I managed to get through the initial learning curve 'crisis' and have been happy ever since. We need to keep in mind that there are many new to e-cigs, and their first purchase might be an eGo-T or a Clearomizer or other hardware, and without proper instructional guide/information, they may decide to give up on e-cigs and go back to analogs!

Just my two cents...

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth

In emails we revieved asking when we would get the ego-t's in stock we where asked if they could come with less primer and since not many are fond of primer we asked them to cut it down drastically so the user can add thier own juice to the ego-t atty by dripping a few drops down the center post or using a blunt tip syringe which we sell to squeeze a few drops and prime it. After the ce2 became primer free we where looking into getting everything primer free but isnt possible to have done from the other factory.

t he major complaint about the joy ego-t was it had tons of primer,
same thing with the x atty but I got that out. I think I'm the only one. It just died 3 hours ago but I liked it.

Last edited:

Emmitt

Jan 10, 2011
Westminster, MD
Please don't misunderstand, I wasn't blaming anyone. I just wanted to let you know I was experiencing the same issue. Just as you said, the earlier T attys I received were loaded with primer. I was just surprised at how little was in these and wondered if it may have had something to do with its burnt taste right out of the box. I did prime it with my syringe and let it sit over night but it didn't seem to matter. The other one I prepped exactly the same and it's working like a champ. I guess its a mystery. :)

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Please don't misunderstand, I wasn't blaming anyone. I just wanted to let you know I was experiencing the same issue. Just as you said, the earlier T attys I received were loaded with primer. I was just surprised at how little was in these and wondered if it may have had something to do with its burnt taste right out of the box. I did prime it with my syringe and let it sit over night but it didn't seem to matter. The other one I prepped exactly the same and it's working like a champ. I guess its a mystery. :)

No worries emmit, we need the feedback from everyone and i SHOULD have let everyone know we had them made with less primer int he first place, I sometimes forget or think that everyone knows already that We do ask them to improve things but that isnt the case and I need to be more imformative about what we have done to the products.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Yes, I definitely want to provide Chris with some cheat sheets he can stuff with all the products, its a good idea and thanks for the reminder/suggestions.

Chris and I have talked about exactly that and when I get some more cleared off the docket I will do that definitely. These things do not come with a manual and much of it certainly can use it. Chris is on a mission to get a sticky encyclopedic thread, complete with videos, going for each of these. So far he has done a good job with the LUCID sticky and MEGA SmartCarts. We encourage everyone to read those, especially if they use the product and chime in with their own experiences...If you have somethign important to add, me or Chris can now edit the sticky OP ad infinitum to keep it up-todate (yay for having our own forum to be able to do that)

*OP - Original Post(er)

Chris....thank you! I'm certainly not blaming anyone, and I had no idea that these were manufactured with purposely less primer. Not to add more work to you and Daniel, but perhaps cheat sheets or other informational sheets can be added to orders as they're being packaged, depending on what hardware a customer has ordered.

If you can remember back, I felt like a total 'dumb blonde', in tears, when I got my first Clearomizers...we even talked on the phone and you did a great job walking me through it...and I'll always be grateful for that! With persistence, I managed to get through the initial learning curve 'crisis' and have been happy ever since. We need to keep in mind that there are many new to e-cigs, and their first purchase might be an eGo-T or a Clearomizer or other hardware, and without proper instructional guide/information, they may decide to give up on e-cigs and go back to analogs!

Just my two cents...

Nina4440

Feb 21, 2011
Ft Worth, Texas USA
Now I am worried. I thought the Ego-T was so good from what I had read. I've only been vaping for two weeks and just ordered the T which should be here Monday. I'm not worried about myself because I have my ego and 510 backup but I just talked a friend into trying a PV and she ordered an Ego T. I do hope there is some good info on here somewhere because I sure won't be able to help her.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I have dealt with a few of these now ...& IMHO the best way to use them is...

to get rid of initial primer... (you may not need to do this with these dryer new ones)
I use ISO alcohol & a (ego mega carto .... plug) fill atty to top of needle,let sit 10-15 mins, shake w/thumb over hole then pour out ISO & blow thru batt end,then put aside to dry. When you can't smell ISO anymore it has evaporated.

Then I RE-PRIME w/vodka(10%) thinned VG (you can use PG or just e-juice ) ...
I use plug again (or set up on sm tray/lid) & fill to the top of needle again & let sit for awhile. Then blow it out again from batt end ....fill tank ....insert till it clicks & vape.

I also vape a tank of thinned VG every other day (or 6 tanks or so) to help keep coil clean as long as I can ...Pg is probably a better cleaner, but I can't vape 100% PG.

And I hope you guys know that ....long slow pulls are the best w/the atty/tank combo,& that pulling on the unit for a sec b-4 hitting the button,will help the wicking & cut down on "dry hits" . I also catch myself pulling a little longer than I hold the button, I think that it might help to set up next hit/pull.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
My mom and I both HAD ego-T kits. Now we're vaping with the Reo.

Here's my kit that I sold in the Classifieds. I bedazzled it myself.

bmwjen's blinged out Ego-T Kit

(since this forum won't let me upload a photo, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Neither of our kits ever leaked. For me, I just couldn't get the flavor production I wanted, even after buying like every single suggested juice in doublers and tripplers. It was nice, fit in my purse, battery lasted at least a 12 hour shift. (still gotta fill them dang cartos though)

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
kerpowy-wowee...noice...*wonder if it will go with my shoes*

My mom and I both HAD ego-T kits. Now we're vaping with the Reo.

Here's my kit that I sold in the Classifieds. I bedazzled it myself.

bmwjen's blinged out Ego-T Kit

(since this forum won't let me upload a photo, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Neither of our kits ever leaked. For me, I just couldn't get the flavor production I wanted, even after buying like every single suggested juice in doublers and tripplers. It was nice, fit in my purse, battery lasted at least a 12 hour shift. (still gotta fill them dang cartos though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread