EGO-T 'Upgrade' - 3 week review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubiwan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Seattle
Summary: Nice piece of equipment, I use it often and like it, the negatives are minor (see below) to me.

Pros: Good size, my medium/small hand covers the battery portion entirely. Very pocketable.
The rubberized black surface is easily gripped and feels ... like quality material.
Great battery life compared to my VV twists
The batteries charge just fine with the Tenergy charger I got with my Provari.
Fits almost all my Ego tanks and no issues with any 510 cartos
I think this commercial 'mod' will keep me from buying a much more expensive Pro-Vape.
The switch is unlikely to be activated in your pocket - and yes, you should turn it off before storing.
I spilled almost 2ml of e-juice over the unit and the switch was un-affected, afaik.

Cons: I am not a fan of the switch because I need to look at the unit to know where the switch is - otherwise it's working fine. The location is actually good and seems ergonomically correct. I gave up trying to drive with this unit because of the switch.
I ordered two batteries with my unit, I received the blue flat-top 2200-mah 'Joyetech' branded batteries. Apparently, there is no protected AW battery that will fit the unit. These buttonless batteries make you really have to concentrate on how you insert them into your charger or into the case of the mod. I have boldly marked mine using a black sharpie to make it easier to identify the positive end. Also, I suspect the 2200 mah spec is over-stated judging by the amount of use I get compared to the 18490's I use in my Provari. At an estimate, I use 2-ml of my all day vape before the battery is exhausted.
Smoketech type tanks (I mean the punched carto variety) have very little flavor on this 3.7 volt unit.
Twice now, I have flooded e-juice into the top post and gotten sort of a mis-fire - my own fault - I just wish there was a provision for some kind of juice well to protect clumsy folks like me. :facepalm:
Not every carto tank that fits my other Ego batteries will fit on the unit. I have a giant carto that won't fire at all and a tank that I like on other batteries that gets zero air-flow using the Ego-upgrade. BTW - a 3-ml+ ViVi Nova tank is enough to over-balance the unit (just as it does on a Twist or regular Ego battery) - I usually keep mine standing on end.

If you just want more battery life from your Ego setups and don't need variable voltage or digital displays, I'd say go for it.
So, my 1st review is a Thumbs-UP!

Doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread