eGo-T vs eGo w/ cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

berto7987

Sep 20, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I purchased an eGo-T and have decided to get a standard 510 battery in order to have a device that is less noticeable in public. In doing so, I got some cartridges and tried them out on my eGo-T battery (since my 510 batteries haven't arrived yet).

I found that not only does a fully filled catridge last almost as long as an eGo tank, but it has much better taste, vapor, and TH. It is just as good as dripping but doesn't require the constant drips.

I know that a lot of people out there are fans of the eGo-T system and some aren't. I don't mind the tank but to me, there is no comparison between the two after using a 510 atomizer w/ cartridge.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
WELCOME TO THE ECF

Everyone has their own preferences but the most important part. Is what works best for you. Personally, I liked the ego-t but now, I've graduated to bottom feeders. Which is basically the next step for someone that found the ego-t tanks to their liking.

Although, bottom feeders can use any atomizer and cartomizer on the market (well, not something like the vmod). Which means that you will get better flavor, TH, etc. etc.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I'm not an ego-t fan at all. Too many problems that just aren't worth it to me. I'm waiting for some of the ego-w tanks to arrive to give them a try. I'm glad you found a PV that works for you. Like washvap said, you might look into a bottom feeder since you like the tank design. I have several and love them.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Few actually use cartridges except to learn to vape. On Ego most use cartomizers (or big carto tanks) and drip on a normal atty w/ a drip tip to test juices and vape occasional juices. A smaller number use tank atomizers and tanks.

But you can use all of those methods on any Ego if you have what they need.
normal atty + cartridge
normal atty + drip tip
tank atty + tank
cartomizers
and any of a number of BIG handmade carto tank things

One nice thing about Ego-T batteries (at least real Joye ones) is the 5-clcik enable/disable

Last edited:

berto7987

Sep 20, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Thanks washvap and hairball!

I actually have Silver Bullet that I use the liquinator on when I'm way from the house and I love the device, but it's just too akward to carry around and vape with on a college campus. Where I live, nobody knows about or understands ecigs so that mainly stays at home.

On bottomfeeders, I have recently ordered a 3.7v box mod w/ bottomfeeder from from oldgoatmods and I am patiently waiting for it to be completed. It will be my first box mod. I'm glad to here that both of you have had such good experiences with them.

berto7987

Sep 20, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Few actually use cartridges except to learn to vape. Most use cartomizers and drip on a normal atty w/ a drip tip to test juices and vape occasional juices. A smaller number use tank atomizers and tanks.

But you can use all of those methods on any Ego if you have what they need.
normal atty + cartridge
normal atty + drip tip
tank atty + tank
cartomizers
and any of a number of BIG handmade carto tank things

One nice thing about Ego-T batteries (at least real Joye ones) is the 5-clcik enable/disable

I haven't had much experience with cartomizers except the ones that came with my Blucig kit (which I quickly returned for a full refund..thank GOD) and the ones I use with my liquinator. I recently puchased some boge SR, LR, and dual coil cartomizers and I should hopefully have them this week. I heard great things about the boge cartomizers and I cannot wait to try them out.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Thanks washvap and hairball!

I actually have Silver Bullet that I use the liquinator on when I'm way from the house and I love the device, but it's just too akward to carry around and vape with on a college campus. Where I live, nobody knows about or understands ecigs so that mainly stays at home.

On bottomfeeders, I have recently ordered a 3.7v box mod w/ bottomfeeder from from oldgoatmods and I am patiently waiting for it to be completed. It will be my first box mod. I'm glad to here that both of you have had such good experiences with them.

Congrats on getting a SB. It's one of the most well known, reliable, and oldest mods out there. Old goats is a good entry level custom bottom feeder that performs with the best of them. I'm sure your gonna love it.

What problems do you have with 50/50 juice in cartomizers? Do they just not wick well enough? If thats the case, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Generally, 50/50 are to thick for cartomizers. Which means that it won't wick correctly and you'll get decreased flavor and possible throat hit and vapor. Also, shortens the life of the cartomizer itself and clogs up the coil which can lead to burning of the cartomizer.

berto7987

Sep 20, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Got the Old Goat today and it's working good. Bottom feeders definitely have a learning curve to them. I was one of the lucky individuals to be able to put an order in for a Red Sky mod for his latest production cycle. That I CANNOT wait for!

Generally, 50/50 are to thick for cartomizers. Which means that it won't wick correctly and you'll get decreased flavor and possible throat hit and vapor. Also, shortens the life of the cartomizer itself and clogs up the coil which can lead to burning of the cartomizer.

What is the highest VG mix that you would recommend? I've got some Boge LR cartos and I've been using some homemade 50/50 and it seems to be working pretty well. The only difficult part is the first few drops I put in. I use a sling method to work the juice down and after I get the filling wet, the juice seems to move through it pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread