Ego-Tank and atties in general: Maybe try this prior to utilizing your cleaning method of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
There are many ways to clean an atty, from soaks,burning,blowing, (add method here).

I have my methods as well, but I found doing this simple task will extend the time period (or eliminate for some) between cleanings.

I noticed my ego-T was starting to lose a little of it's vaping performance while vaping one of my favorite DIY juices (555sin) so I switched to my mellow vape UNFLAVORED mix..

after first fill.. I noticed an improvement (I also saw the juice in the tank change to a slightly darker color)

after second fill it was back to normal..

Now you may feel the need to clean it still, but as stated earlier it will extend the time you will need to.. especially if you do it on a routine basis.

UNFLAVORED NO WAY!!!! right? well it really isn't unpleasant, especially vaping it on a 'seasoned' atty...

Give it a try, you may be surprised... it won't hurt.. I promise :D

LGD

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
The reason this seems to be working (I think) is that it's usually the flavoring that ends up gunking the coil.. and vaping unflavored is sort of giving your atty a PG/VG bath.

I am going to stick with switching back and forth from flavored and unflavored on this one ego-T atty and see how long I can push it with out cleaning.

LGD

lrd3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
n.j
its great to see this.. i thought i was crazy.... i vape flavorless all the time.. i actually have a bottom fed pv designated to it... originally i started vaping flavors just wile i was hunting.. my thought was = no flavor less odor... i actually really enjoed it... now i use it to clean attys as well as my pallet.... but as a main vape. its actually really nice.. i got a flavorless from T.V in 48 mlg nic n cut it down with straight vg to get to my goal 24 mlg nic....... i thought "this is going to last me forever" lol.. i probably vape 2 mls a day flavorless.... along with 4 mls of what ever els is loaded up in one of my other fav bottom feeders.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
There is a small group here (or was) that are/were flavorless lovers.. sort of a "secret society" :D... it is a nice change of pace... and switching back and forth,if one cant be a primary flavorless lover, definitely 'massages' your atty.. it's not a bad thing to do if you just want to utilize one atty at a time..

one of my (i have a video somewhere) methods of cleaning during a flavor switch is a PG flush.

Thanks for the drop by...
:D

LGD

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm so glad you started this thread, LGD. I don't vape flavorless, I vape "barely there" flavors, most of the time, like Ecopure and BWB Malty and Honey Flue Nut and such, but I have a new maintenance procedure for my eGo-T tanks that seems to be working very well for me and your post just confirms my observations. I take the tanks off before bed, rinse them out if they look like they need to be cleaned, blow out the atties and fill them about half way with plain PG. I plug the bottom hole with a silicone end cap that has a little nub inside and I let them sit like that overnight. In the morning I just gently blow out the atty and put on a fresh tank. If the PG comes out discolored, I add some more and blow it out again.

So far so good. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for sharing your findings. Very interesting. I knew that PG was a solvent, so I figured it might work.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Katya thanks for the visit.. yes I love PG flushes ...but haven't really tried them on these.. mostly with the common sized atties... I have gotten lazy in vaping these months :D.. so I thought to try this for a bit :D so far so good.. and definitely better than just sticking with some of my denser juices (for the atty that is)

yes please keep me posted, because these T-atties are a different beast when it comes to cleaning (campared to the "traditionals" )

LGD

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
somewhat related to your findings, a soft dryburn doesn't get rid off all of the gunk,
i had today one atomizers that even after cleaning and totaly drying refused to go orange on the complete coil.
the left part stayed dark.

i put 5 drops PG in it and just boiled the 510 atomizer with out drawing, just like a wet burn ;)
it crackled and whispered after a while and i stopped, and repeated just like a dryburn.
i blow away upcoming mist to have view on the coil during the pprocedure.
again i smelled some burning/cooking off residue. repeated until the Atomizers was nearly dry and blow it out again.

did a short dryburn and the whole coil was glowing again.
it was only one atomizer out of 7 today that was really thick crusted, but even that one is back to buisness.

i will now reconsider the dryburn, and test a bit more if the wetburn is not only more sensitive but even more effective.

every comment, except glowing coal theories, welcome. ;)

Last edited:

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
Hey Ird3
I'm glad to see if anyone else has vaped while hunting. :) I had a friend ask me about vaping while hunting before deer season. :confused: I told him that I just use apple flavoring. Its great for deer or squirrel hunting.:vapor: They like apples and it actually attracts them. If you are a real man though, you would be vaping the "doe in heat" scent to attract the big bucks.:laugh::2cool::vapor:
its great to see this.. i thought i was crazy.... i vape flavorless all the time.. i actually have a bottom fed pv designated to it... originally i started vaping flavors just wile i was hunting.. my thought was = no flavor less odor... i actually really enjoed it... now i use it to clean attys as well as my pallet.... but as a main vape. its actually really nice.. i got a flavorless from T.V in 48 mlg nic n cut it down with straight vg to get to my goal 24 mlg nic....... i thought "this is going to last me forever" lol.. i probably vape 2 mls a day flavorless.... along with 4 mls of what ever els is loaded up in one of my other fav bottom feeders.

lrd3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
n.j
Hey Ird3
I'm glad to see if anyone else has vaped while hunting. :) I had a friend ask me about vaping while hunting before deer season. :confused: I told him that I just use apple flavoring. Its great for deer or squirrel hunting.:vapor: They like apples and it actually attracts them. If you are a real man though, you would be vaping the "doe in heat" scent to attract the big bucks.:laugh::2cool::vapor:

that's to funny.. my buddy is always telling me.. "if you ever start mixing your juice with doe estrus im hunting down wind of you".... i actually took a nice over mater management buck right after a good vape.... i could actually still see the mist... i think they like the smell of vg..... its kinda sweet smelling....

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
The reason this seems to be working (I think) is that it's usually the flavoring that ends up gunking the coil.. and vaping unflavored is sort of giving your atty a PG/VG bath.

I am going to stick with switching back and forth from flavored and unflavored on this one ego-T atty and see how long I can push it with out cleaning.

LGD

Heck... The way my ego-T atty is working I'd swear I was vapping unflavored juice to begin with. lol Sad but true. I'm not getting any dry spots and so far (6 tanks) I'm getting good vapor but the flavor is about half of where it should be. Any idea's what I could do?

Hey Ird3

My wife asked me last season if I was going to vape Tinks 69 while I hunted. She knows me so well it skeers me. lol

lrd3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
n.j
Heck... The way my ego-T atty is working I'd swear I was vapping unflavored juice to begin with. lol Sad but true. I'm not getting any dry spots and so far (6 tanks) I'm getting good vapor but the flavor is about half of where it should be. Any idea's what I could do?

My wife asked me last season if I was going to vape Tinks 69 while I hunted. She knows me so well it skeers me. lol

i actually though about dripping some in a old 306 with no tip just to see how it worked out...lol... not for me to vape mind you...lol

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
There is a small group here (or was) that are/were flavorless lovers.. sort of a "secret society" :D... it is a nice change of pace... and switching back and forth,if one cant be a primary flavorless lover, definitely 'massages' your atty.. it's not a bad thing to do if you just want to utilize one atty at a time..

one of my (i have a video somewhere) methods of cleaning during a flavor switch is a PG flush.

Thanks for the drop by...
:D

LGD

LOL.

Wouldnt this secret society, by any chance, also happen to love tail-piping at high-watts, coz' if they do both: Im in!

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
LOL.

Wouldnt this secret society, by any chance, also happen to love tail-piping at high-watts, coz' if they do both: Im in!

(And bridgeless...) shhhhhhh!

Yes tail-piping is part of the same society :D

bridgeless not as old school as the other two,, but wouldn't get you kicked out :D

LGD

Rachus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Indiana, USA
I've seen one theory that the condensed vapor inside the mouthpiece can diminish flavor. Try popping off the endcap and drying it out with a tissue and see if that helps your flavor level.

Enjoying this post's initial topic, but just needed to +1 this theory from my viewpoint/tastepoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread