eGo Tank on the way...a couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Analog

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
USA
Hi,
I apologize if these have been covered, but the eGo tank thread is over 200 pages long...
I'm abandoning the Boge 2.0 cartos because they seem to be hit or miss; sometimes the vapor production declines after a day or two, a lot of tmes they leak juice into the battery, even though I only drip into the filler and not down the center tube. I want to make sure I get great vapor, flavor and th from my new tank. I ordered the LR attys.
I read a youtube review where someone said something about removing the plastic where the atty needle pierces the tank, to allow more juice to flow through to the atty.
Also, something about removing the condensation catcher(?)
If anyone can answer these questions or pass along any tips to enure my eGo-T blows my doors off; I'd appreciate it :)

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
I think the tank is much better than the Boge 2.0 cartomizers (for me). Despite all the praise I read, they are MUCH harder to draw on than the tank, and they have that mild "filler" taste just like a regular cart. The tank has a draw as easy as a cigarette.

However, the tank leaks on occasion. After filling the tank, it seems to help if you take a tissue and wipe the outside of the tank completely dry before pushing it on to the atty.

I just got my first tank- and I have done duals, boge's just black carto's, atties and carts, dripping- and I really like it- I am one who can not taste my jucie most of the time. no matter what I use. I have tasted strawberry pie and apple pie on this so far- and thats a HUGE plus for me. like I said, i am 5 hours in, but I am happy so far.

WalkerHound

Apr 8, 2011
Oregon
First off, I will say I really enjoy my Ego-T once I found out how to stop the slow leaks. I also experienced the burnt taste as well. I found that I got a burnt taste is the wick was a little too high, and the tank would leak if it was a little too low.

I found a simple solution without doing all the steps in the wick adjustment post. I simply took a a paperclip and made it straight. Next push up through the battery hole slowly and wiggle the clip lightly and push up. The wick pushed up easily then I adjusted it to where it lines up right on the lowest part of the piercing needle. This simple little trick has made me have almost zero issues. It is worth noting that I have not damaged the atty in anyway. I am still using the same atty for almost 7 weeks.

Hope this helps if you still want to use the the tank system.

If you choose to go another route, try the Go Go. I have both and like them both very much. To me they the 2 best out there for ease of use, with the edge going to the Go Go.

Flaklaflubillibu

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Illinois
Both attys are tasting burnt no matter how long I wait in between vapes. I emailed the vendor voicing my displeasure and desire for a refund or exchange for different attys or cartos or something.

I had the same problem too when I started. You can read my displeasure here, but more importantly, here is my update with the realization as to why I was getting a burnt taste. Basically, the atty was not getting enough juice. I have had the same burnt taste albeit very rarely when dripping with a 510 atty when the atty has gotten dry (one of the indications it is time to re-drip!).

To remedy the burnt taste on the T-system, suck especially hard on the thing, especially when the atty is new. This does two things: the higher air flow prevents the coil from getting hot enough that anything will actually burn, and it promotes increased wicking, the whole reason it was giving a burnt taste in the first place. It has been a while since I had this problem and I actually find myself only occasionally having to suck hard now. Once the chamber becomes sufficiently saturated, it is no longer an issue.

After I take a drag, through the tank I always see several bubbles rise up from the wick, something that I always look for as reassurance that efficient wicking is taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread