Ego/Tornado MegaCarts & Attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
First of all these are not to be confused with the Joye Mega Carts/attys for the 510 since they are made specifically for the tornado/ego.

The first impression is that these things are huge! I took the carts as supplied by TW and was able to fill them with almost 2.5 ml of juice. The wick seems to be a fairly densly packed polyester material. That is 6x the capacity of a standard Joye 510 using the Highping plug mod.

My current juice is a watermelon/apple DIY using a 25/75 base of VG/PG to which I have added vodka, 100 mg 50/50 unflavored nic juice, and Lorann flavorings. My final juice has 14 mg nic, 20% flavorings, a few drops of ethyl malthol, and about 3% Vodka.

The first vape seemed to produce a ton of vapor with a great throat hit, but no flavor. Successive draws started to produce a slightly burnt taste. Overall, my rating would not be very satisfactory.

My juice does have a pink color to it which will discolor the wick, but my impression is that the wick has a slightly burnt appearance after a few minutes of use.

Since the vaping world has yet to come up with any kind of standard for testing, I would not even call this a review but an impression and expression of an opinion.

I took the wick out and cut off about 2/3 to see if a Highping mod would be any better. It was not: it still had that flavorless, harsh taste from before. That was surprising since this mod will push the plug into the cart and away from the bridge.

This monster cart design may turn out to be good or bad. I have a friend who uses doublers, and we will try those once we get together.

My opinion is that this mega cart will require a lot of experimentation with juices and mods to find the right combination. Perhaps a more viscous mixture with no alcohol or pushing the wick further into to cart to keep it away from the heat?

Right now, with the supplied wick and my juice, it is just not working. I, as would everyone else, would love to have a larger juice capacity.

There are large reservoirs available, such as the one from the Golden Greek. But at over a $100 with a no return policy the last time I looked, it is just not going to happen.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
IMHO the mega attys/carts are an attempt to turn the eGo into an 801 vaping device. The 801s never wicked properly (when compared to a 510) and became air lock. They were suited for what I deem occasional vaping, one or two draws every ten minutes or so. Not 8-10 hits in any given sessions. Some have had success with the BFM mod on 801 carts, you might want to give that a whirl. I tried the BFM on the 801 without success.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
First of all these are not to be confused with the Joye Mega Carts/attys for the 510 since they are made specifically for the tornado/ego.

The first impression is that these things are huge! I took the carts as supplied by TW and was able to fill them with almost 2.5 ml of juice. The wick seems to be a fairly densly packed polyester material. That is 6x the capacity of a standard Joye 510 using the Highping plug mod.

My current juice is a watermelon/apple DIY using a 25/75 base of VG/PG to which I have added vodka, 100 mg 50/50 unflavored nic juice, and Lorann flavorings. My final juice has 14 mg nic, 20% flavorings, a few drops of ethyl malthol, and about 3% Vodka.

The first vape seemed to produce a ton of vapor with a great throat hit, but no flavor. Successive draws started to produce a slightly burnt taste. Overall, my rating would not be very satisfactory.

My juice does have a pink color to it which will discolor the wick, but my impression is that the wick has a slightly burnt appearance after a few minutes of use.

Since the vaping world has yet to come up with any kind of standard for testing, I would not even call this a review but an impression and expression of an opinion.

I took the wick out and cut off about 2/3 to see if a Highping mod would be any better. It was not: it still had that flavorless, harsh taste from before. That was surprising since this mod will push the plug into the cart and away from the bridge.

This monster cart design may turn out to be good or bad. I have a friend who uses doublers, and we will try those once we get together.

My opinion is that this mega cart will require a lot of experimentation with juices and mods to find the right combination. Perhaps a more viscous mixture with no alcohol or pushing the wick further into to cart to keep it away from the heat?

Right now, with the supplied wick and my juice, it is just not working. I, as would everyone else, would love to have a larger juice capacity.

There are large reservoirs available, such as the one from the Golden Greek. But at over a $100 with a no return policy the last time I looked, it is just not going to happen.

The solution I found to the wicking was to refill the blank carts with polyfill more loosely.

That seemed to solve the problem.

I did a video review of this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2gANfvXy4c

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I dunno. I received my first TW Mega Atty & a few Mega Cartos three weeks ago and have hardly touched anything else since. Pretty pleased!

I've modified one carto to work with my Black Silver Bullet. So, I'm using them on both Tornado and BSB. I did a Highping sized Blue Foam insert for one, that's working alright so far. I cut a strip about 10mm x 45mm, coiled it up and inserted after nearly filling the cart, then wetted the surface.

Refilling the cartos has been a little disappointing. I mean, it works but they aren't very thirsty after a few fills.

Overall, I'm satisfied and will buy more. Soon!

Haytoni

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
N.W. Florida

I have the mega Tornado, and use blue foam, works well, just don't use it immediately after filling, let the cart sit upright for a good half hour. I use about 40 drops, then fill when needed,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread