Ego Twist & 2.8ohm Stardust

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLabelDon

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey all I just received my Stardust v2 and instantly replaced the 2.4ohm head with the 2.8ohm I ordered. The reason is i have had my Ego twist for two weeks now and my hardware didnt really allow me to go above 3.6 volts without a burnt taste. My question is for those of you using a 2.8ohm Stardust on your twist what Voltage are you using to get that powerful warm vape without the burnt tast. Im using Got Vapes Flux Nector Mountain Rift is 70% PG and 30% VG. ? Thanks for the input

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Hey all I just received my Stardust v2 and instantly replaced the 2.4ohm head with the 2.8ohm I ordered. The reason is i have had my Ego twist for two weeks now and my hardware didnt really allow me to go above 3.6 volts without a burnt taste. My question is for those of you using a 2.8ohm Stardust on your twist what Voltage are you using to get that powerful warm vape without the burnt tast. Im using Got Vapes Flux Nector Mountain Rift is 70% PG and 30% VG. ? Thanks for the input
Everything is relative!

Strictly mathematically speaking you should be able to vape a 2.4Ω @ 4.8V since 5V vaping requires a 2.5. Therefore thinking you can get more warmth with a 2.8Ω is not really the case. If you are getting a good vape at 3.6V why chase rainbows? Something to remember not all liquids vape well at higher voltages. If you are happy with the vape than ignore the voltage setting.

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
The Twist puts out the most power (watts) at 1.92 ohms, because of its 2.5 amp current limit. (4.8V/2.5A= 1.92 ohms) If you use 2.8 ohms, the max power is reduced by 1.92/2.8 = .68, or a 32% reduction.

This may or not be important to you, but this is how much the maximum power will drop using a higher-resistance atomizer.)

(All these numbers are approximate since the current limit may not be EXACTLY 2.5 A, for example.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread