Ego Twist not a Joye on my eyes.....FIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXZOMBIEPEPPERXX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
New Mexico
Ok so i know the twist is a VERY popular device and who wouldnt love it? Its compact, VV, and reliable. But those markings grrrrrrrrarrrrrrrffgggggggggg who on gods green earth can read em???? Ok so heres my fix I went to hobby lobby and bought a red paint pen that said works on metal, cleaned the dial with alcohol wipes and went to town. Ive used it like this for a couple days and it seems to be holding up great. I know I know its a little sloppy but I CAN SEE said the blind man. Let me know what you guys and gals think.. your friend Zombie...

2012-10-04005749.jpg

Last edited:

DAVEAPER

Sep 17, 2012
Onward thru the fog
What works really well is the wife's fingernail polish. It's an enamel that hardens up really well. You can use a different color for each voltage and some of the neon colors show up really well, even in a dark room.

I put a dot on a key to indicate which car it went to. (we have two of the same cars, hence the keys are the same). After 9 years, the dot is still there even after having been in my pocket banging up against the other keys and everything else in my pocket. I'd be hard pressed to believe that anyone would every wear it off if they put it on their vaper. Plus, you can use a very small brush to make application much more precise than what is pictured. Try it. You'll like it!

The fingernail polish is enamel as well, but has specific hardeners in it to prevent it from chipping and scratching. IT really hold onto a surface better than most enamels out there. Plus, it is without a doubt rediculously cheap. One could even go so far as to apply the clear coat protectant that my wife uses to prolong the finish even longer! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread