Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
It's all good and I really LOVED my Twists except for a few issues...IMO a good PV...maybe the issue isn't the Twist but my eyesight :facepalm:

Thanks for clearing that up on the spinner...however I'm still not going to go buy one myself, mainly because I'm happy with the twists as my backup...as for your question taps...I generally always use 1.5 ohm dual coils

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
It's all good and I really LOVED my Twists except for a few issues...IMO a good PV...maybe the issue isn't the Twist but my eyesight :facepalm:

that i will admit: its hard as hell to see those numbers on the twist, however, i generally twist for taste with that, and use my mods for dialing in sweet spots...the only real issue i have with them is the button sticking issue they have, other than that, a really nice device indeed

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Greetings Fellow Canuck! Welcome to ECF!

1. The 2.4 and 1.8 heads both work well with the Twist. I've actually found the 1.8 work a little better but it would be best for you to try both and see which you prefer for your style of vaping.

2. The 2.0 had the air hole moved to the 510 connection and it works well. The 2.5 was a mythical number created by GV to designate that they used a different plastic for the tank. The 3.0 designates that the center post is the correct length (finally, Lol) and all the wicks are long wicks.

3. Two chargers? Ever notice that skydivers always take a "reserve" chute with them even though they know that the "main" will work (obviously they think it will work, they wouldn't step out the door, otherwise) Lol

The numbers on the Twist are easier to see in natural light but nearly invisible in fluorescent lighting or low light. You can Twist the dial all the way, to either 3.2 or 4.8, and 1/3 turn the opposite direction will put you at 4.0 volts. The Twist is tuned by what tastes best to you, not by what the numbers say.

Congratulations on your progress!

Relax, Enjoy!

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
I've noticed my button sticking a little bit too. Have not noticed it in a few days. Hopefully its working itself out lol.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

it happens, they stick....poor button design is the only real qualm i have with the unit, of course i use it primarily as a backup, as i have a vector, a lavatube, a home-made pipe mod i'm working on, and a provari on the way...but i keep the twists because they are quite simply the best mid-sized unit i've found...although i am looking into getting the ego-VV passthrough from ljesmokes to have a VV passthrough.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Hi All,

A week ago I picked up a Redds starter kit after smoking a PAD for over 20 years and not only have not craved an analog, but am repulsed by the idea of having one. Can it really be this easy? I guess time will tell. A big thanks to everyone on this awesome site.

Although I'm very happy with the Redds and plan to continue using them for social/outdoor situations, I'm already getting the urge to upgrade for work and home. (Trading one severe addiction for another? Lol). After a lot of reading I have decided to pick up a couple 1000mah ego twists and vivi novas, but have a few questions.

1. I know it's very subjective, but is there a general consensus on what resistance works best with the twist? 9 watts seems to be the preferred level, so that puts the 2.8 ohm slightly out of spec. Would like to pick up a pack of 1.8 or 2.4 atty's until I can locate some Kanthal wire. I'm using a 70pg/30vg blend at present, but hope to try a 70vg/30pg blend in the future.

2. What is the difference between the 2.0 and 2.5 Vivi Novas?

3. Someone mentioned getting two chargers. Is this really necessary due to poor quality or was the poster just being paranoid?

thanks,

Trevor.

See if this does anything for you.

From a previous post of mine:

[Simpler version: turn the knob to higher volts for a warmer vape, lower volts for a cooler vape, or to compensate for variation between "stated" resistance and "actual" resistance of a coil].

This can all be demonstrated by a very simple formula that related "Ohm's Law":

Volts time volts divided by resistance (rated in "ohms") = watts (heat) at/in the coil.

Vaping at 4 volts with a 2.0 ohm coil would give 8 watts; 4 x 4 / 2 = 8.

Consider the three heads in the Vivi Nova; 1.8, 2.4, and 2.8 ohms:

With a Joyetech eGo-C Twist, or any other variable voltage device, you can achieve any wattage you need to get a good vape, even if the "actual" resistance of the "heads" varies from the "nominal" resistance of the heads, which it almost always does.

I'd say that most people vape at between 4 and 8 watts per coil. Notice how 6 watts can be produced with a Joyetech eGo-C Twist (or any other variable voltage device) with any of those three atomizer heads. This obviously can't be done with a constant-voltage battery.

3.28 volts x 3.28 volts / 1.8 ohms = 6 watts

3.79 volts x 3.79 volts / 2.4 ohms = 6 watts

4.09 volts x 4.09 volts / 2.8 ohms = 6 watts

Again, a constant voltage device obviously cannot do this, so please do not buy one unless you MUST have a ciggie-look-alike".

Or with a Twist and a Vivi Nova with the 2.4 ohm atomizer head:

3.79 volts x 3.79 volts / 2.4 ohms = 6 watts.

4.09 volts x 4.09 volts / 2.4 ohms = 7 watts.

4.38 volts x 4.38 volts / 2.4 ohms = 8 watts.

In rounder numbers: 3.8 volts gives you 6 watts, 4.1 = 7 watts, 4.4 = 8 watts.

(In "real life" though, you just turn the knob until you like the vape).

"3. Someone mentioned getting two chargers. Is this really necessary due to poor quality or was the poster just being paranoid?"

That could well have been me; I always recommend getting two chargers, so if one craps out, you're not left high and dry.

And 9 watts is a little high for me; I'm generally more at between 5 and 7.

Not sure of the exact differences between the 2.0 and 2.5, except to say "just get the 2.5" (or now, I think, either the 2.5 or the 3.0)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread