eGo Twist with tank system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoidPyro

Feb 4, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm considering switching to the eGo twist 1000mah model and possibly converting to the tank system. Currently, I've been using drip tips with the hh .357 atomizers and a 1300mah Brother battery so I'm not entirely familiar with what I need for a tank.

I usually purchase from FSUSA and avidvaper and got a little confused since FSUSA has the eGo-LR atomizer heads, but no body/cover and I don't know what tank (tips?) I should be getting. I personally don't like buying kits and haven't found a kit for the twist 1000mah battery.

Help much appreciated!

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
You will need -

- eGo-C atomizer body (base and cone), either type A or B
- eGo-C atomizer heads (work with either type A or B bodies and tanks)
- type A (~1 ml) and/or type B (~2 ml) tanks

Cignot has $20 starter kits that contain one each of the body, head and tanks - type A starter kit, type B starter kit. Then you just get more atty heads and tanks as needed.

dynomyte

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
Iowa
Hello there...

Not sure if you would consider this... you might look into putting a Smoktech 3.5ml DCT tank on that Ego Twist. Something like in the picture. (The one in the picture has a DCT cone I think style B)
DCT.jpg

In my opinion you'll end up being more happy that you went straight to the DCT tank system instead of the ego tanks and then went DCT - Save a step :)

Ol' Grimmgreen out on the youtube has a pretty quick look at how he setup the same system I am talking about - I agree with him it could possibly be some of the best vaping I've done! Check it out...

THE EGO TWIST IS A GAME CHANGER - YouTube

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Ryan

Last edited:

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Hello there...

Not sure if you would consider this... you might look into putting a Smoktech 3.5ml DCT tank on that Ego Twist. Something like in the picture. (The one in the picture has a DCT cone I think style B)
View attachment 111878

In my opinion you'll end up being more happy that you went straight to the DCT tank system instead of the ego tanks and then went DCT - Save a step :)

Ol' Grimmgreen out on the youtube has a pretty quick look at how he setup the same system I am talking about - I agree with him it could possibly be some of the best vaping I've done! Check it out...

Ryan

I've heard mixed reviews on these tanks, but finding them at an extremely cheap price has motivated me to give them a try.-
SmokTech 510 DCT-V2 3.5ml Tank

ParanoidPyro

Feb 4, 2011
Los Angeles
Hello there...

View attachment 111878

Ryan

I would love to know how well that vape on that is and also how long that lasts. how long do you take to switch to a new one?

kiffy

Jun 9, 2012
Ireland
Hello there...

View attachment 111878

Ryan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading that Variable Voltage systems don't work great with dual coil Cartomizers? The Smoktech 510 DCT V2 3,5ml looks to fit nicely on the twist, but my venders website doesn't state what Ohm rating they are. But it does state on their write up "We suggest using Smoktech 510 DCT V2 with eGo batteries" So would they be ok with the twist at 4.0 volts or higher?

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
The DCT tank comes with a 1.5 ohm dual coil cartomizer, but anything over 3.8v on the twist with those tastes burnt. At 4.0v you venture over 10W anyway so not safe for you, the battery, or the carto more than likely. Just buy higher resistance single coil cartos to use when you want to crank it up. Hoosier has some for $1.59 here off the top of my head, or you can buy XL's and make your own holes. Personally I'll pay a little more for the flange because I would be dumping tanks of juice left and right without it. Even my KGO batteries heat the 1.5 ohm dc cartos up too much for my taste, which are said to be 3.8-4.2v off the charger, but they do vape like a champ. At $6 each it was worth trying them and I haven't had any other issues yet with the DCT tanks themselves yet. However, I'm enjoying the simplicity, flavor, and clouds with the Vivi Nova much more. I have quite a few 100% VG juices that I quickly gave up on trying to vape in the tanks, and the the VN makes life easier. Can't wait for the mini 2ml nova so my PV fits in my pocket!

Last edited:

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
I just ordered a 1000mah twist with charger from vapers choice, and 2 chibi tanks and 1 3ml syringe with neede for filling from parkes vaping. total shipped is $49.05. Awesome price to get into a VV twist with tanks. I'll let you know how it works out.
:laugh: Last night I also ordered a black 1000mah twist from VC. I couldnt find a better price. Picked up a usb charger and 5 pk of Kanger Clero's (2.8-3ohm) for $14 from HealthCabin.

I was also thinking of a tank, but not sure which is best suited for the twist. Which is waht led me to this thread. Some good info here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread