Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Hello everyone !

Didn't see a thread about these batteries, and didn't find anything in the search funciton, so, here it is. A discussion of the eGo-v v3 Multi-Voltage Digital Pass-Thru battery.

I've had excellent experience with mine, save one defective battery I purchased and returned/exhanged.

One thing about the eGo-v v3 is that it reads the ohms as you add the tank. Handy. It claims to have low-ohm protection but Im running some 1.8 coils and they do fine. I highly recommend this battery.

Multi Voltage Digital means you can raise or lower in increments of tenths... meaning it goes from 4.1 to 4.2 to 4.3 etc.

The range is 3.0v-6.0v.

Nice shape, lightweigt. I recommend getting the BLACK ones, as the chrome ones are aluminum , and, the black ones are brass, and thicker body coating.

One terrible thing they're doing to the new ones... the button used for ignition, which has always lit up bright blue thru a clear button, well, they're making them BLACK now, so you can't see if the light is on or not during the day. Try to get one with a clear button !! I'm not sure if we even can anymore. BAD IDEA , EGO. VERY BAD.

So anyway I'd like to hear other people's experience with this battery, and whether you would recommend it or not.

I recommend biting the bullet and purchasing this from a reputable store (for a bit more money) so they will exchange it if its defective. Out of 3 , i've had 1 defective unit.

Cheers !!

Miata GT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 28, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Mine was my first upgrade from 900mah eGo sticks and it worked just dandy with my existing T3S clearomizers. Now that I have upgraded multiple times I can see that even though the switch is rated for it, the device just can't push the power for the given setting at times. But then really it wasn't designed to push the types of attys I use now anyway...

For the money it's a solid device that helps a new vaper play with VV and VW settings. Something neat I found that I haven't seen on any other device is that when you switch between VV and VW, the device sets the level as a calculation of the previous setting based on the resistance of the atty. I thought that was pretty cool.

Honestly if I could go back and give myself advice I would have suggested skipping this device and the subsequent Smokteck SID and gone straight for the MVP2.0 from 101vape...which is what I did next and am still using it today, right now even!

The v3 and SID are used only when I am feeling nostalgic while the MVP is in constant rotation.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread