Ego Vision after nearly 2 weeks of use

Status
Not open for further replies.

genxblacksmith

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Gods Country
My first vision is still doing pretty well after 2 weeks of use. I've given it an alcohol cleaning three times. Fill, shake, rinse, fill, shake, rinse. I watch the coil while drying the wick and hopefully burning the crap off. Vaped much cleaner afterwards. It is starting to seep some from the bottom it is not working as well on one of my egos (hard draw) but I could have sat on it or something. It may just be time to set aside for later re-wicking (looks doable). It is nice low maintenance gear but I still like my Boge LR cartos as well if not more.

If anyone knows of a better way to clean'em, I'm all ears.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
It is starting to seep some from the bottom it is not working as well on one of my egos (hard draw) but I could have sat on it or something.
I just had one start acting freaky last night after one week of use. I DO draw pretty hard, but it started bubbling inside the tank as I draw on it, like it was drawing air past a bottom seal or something. I've pressed the center stem back in, but unless I leave it slightly loosely threaded it'll start sucking air through the tank again. I've never cleaned it out, I just keep topping up the mango/peach juice.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions to fix this issue?

Thanks!

ResinBalls

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Metro Detroit
My first vision is still doing pretty well after 2 weeks of use. I've given it an alcohol cleaning three times. Fill, shake, rinse, fill, shake, rinse. I watch the coil while drying the wick and hopefully burning the crap off. Vaped much cleaner afterwards. It is starting to seep some from the bottom it is not working as well on one of my egos (hard draw) but I could have sat on it or something. It may just be time to set aside for later re-wicking (looks doable). It is nice low maintenance gear but I still like my Boge LR cartos as well if not more.

If anyone knows of a better way to clean'em, I'm all ears.

Just came across this video. Might be of much help to both of us. Please be sure to read the description, there are links to a couple more videos regarding re-wicking as well as taking apart the newer batch of Visions, which appears it is more difficult for whatever reason(s). It appears you might have to go to a hardware store and buy a 1/4" steel pipe and find a hammer, which I bet you have lying around the garage somewhere. Also, he has a link in the description to an ECF thread which explains a similar method of taking apart the stardust.

GotVapes Stardust - Advanced Cleaning
Link to ECF thread

Hope that helps.

ResinBalls

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Metro Detroit
I just had one start acting freaky last night after one week of use. I DO draw pretty hard, but it started bubbling inside the tank as I draw on it, like it was drawing air past a bottom seal or something. I've pressed the center stem back in, but unless I leave it slightly loosely threaded it'll start sucking air through the tank again. I've never cleaned it out, I just keep topping up the mango/peach juice.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Did you find out what the issue was with this? I just took one apart and cleaned and seem to be having the same problem...I'm thinking I may have accidentally flooded it, though...

EDIT: Problem solved. Turns out I overfilled it and some juice got into the atomizer tube...I just repeatedly blew through it from the top onto a napkin/paper towel to get the excess juice out until I could no longer hear any juice in there (clean ones make a sort of whistle noise) wiped off the bottom of it, and it started to work like normal again (do all that WITH the mouth piece screwed on lol). I'm really liking these things. Taking apart and cleaning it took me no more than 10 minutes, and that was my first try while following the instructional video above. It's pretty straightforward and I'm sure it will be even easier with the next few tries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread