Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have both eGo-c Twists and the eGo-c upgrade batts from joyetech. They perform equally as far as reliability and quality goes. The Twist is going to be a bit longer in each size than the regular or upgrade batts. The Twist also doesn't have the changing led button that indicates the amount of charge left.

Twists along with an atomizer for dripping are really good for sampling flavors and finding the right sweet spot for getting the best balance between flavor and vapor. But once you nail down your flavors and wattage range, you can lose the length of the the Twists by getting the right ohms on coils and using the eGo-c upgrade or regular batts for a more compact vape. But... it may take a while to nail down your flavors and some people continue to sample various flavors....

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would strongly suggest a Twist myself.
They're a workhorse and always come in handy.

It's nice to be able to dial up the voltage depending on what juice your vaping BUT..........
Let us not forget that the eGo twist at anything over 4 volts with a low ohm carto tank (say 1.8ohms) will not last long before a recharge is required.

Still, everyone needs them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I dig the variable voltage option ala Twist, but i wondered if this presented any reliability issues over a standard ego battery.
Anyone have thoughts on this?

I'm not sure how to answer Something like this?

Because there are So Many Companies/Factories making "eGo" Batteries. Heck, I don't even Know where my Twist Came from?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
That helps, thank you.
So the extra moving parts, and fiddling with voltage realy doesnt affect reliability?
Sweet!
I guess a twist is on my list :cool:
(Sang in best Daryl Hall voice)

Whenever there are extra moving parts it increases the probability of something going wrong of course, but about the only complaints we've seen on the Joye eGo-c Twists is that the numbers are hard to read on the dial and there's been a few cases where the dial was a bit tight. The mAh ratings 650, 900, 1000 are for use at 'normal voltages' - ie the same as an regular eGo battery, so when you are up above say, 3.5 Volts on the Twist, you are not going to get the 6.5, 9, or 10 hours of battery use per charge. And the length will fool you - you might look at some comparison threads.... just so you know... for example:

149649000.jpg

From left to right: w/T3 except as noted
Vision 400 VV
510 cig style 510 atty
eGo mini 450 w/baby T3
regular sized 650 eGo-c
900 eGo-c
eGo RS
650 eGo-c Twist
900 eGo-c Twist
The 1000 Twist is about a half inch taller than the 900.

And as ZoiDman points out, there are variations in quality for the clones and knockoffs. My comments are about the true Joyetech eGos.... just read the other threads here for an indication of reliability. You can get a lemon in any brand but for the most part you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Thank you Kent C.
Thats what i was looking for. I was concerned that with the adjustable voltage option, the overall lifespan.of the batttery might b less than the non adjustable v type.
If this isn't an issue here, then im ready to move forward to a 1000 twist. I dig gadgets and fiddling. And the twist looks like a great entry level VV for me to use and familiarize myself with more precise vaping before graduating to a high end Mod.
Thanks again! ECF is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread