hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m back once again today to present yet another review. This time I will be attempting to cover the EH Pro Cold Steel 100 mod. This mod seems very small in the hand for a 21700/ 20700/ 18650 mod and is very comfortable to hold. Although it’s not one of the most popular brands out there, I think it’s a very nice and simple mod that can fit in a pocket and still last me through the whole day for my style of vaping. Let’s see what’s included and I’ll give my opinions on it so you can judge for yourself if it would be a good fit for you also.

DP127-02.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

● 1 x Ehpro Cold Steel 100 Mod

● 1 x Belt Loop Holster

● 1 x 18650 battery Adaptor

● 1 x USB Cable

● 1 x User Manual

● 1 x Warranty Card

● 1 x Certification Card

● 1 x Battery Safety Card

DP127-details-07.jpg

IMG-4685.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimensions 39 x 27.5 x 91.5mm

Battery Type 18650/20700/21700 battery (not included)

Coil Resistance Range 0.05-3.0ohm

Voltage Range 0.5-8V

Output Current 35A

Temperature Range 100-315℃ / 200-600℉

Work Mode PWR/ TEMP / CURVE / VOLT / BYPASS

Material Stainless Steel + Brass + Zinc Alloy

Color Black Obsidian, Grey Champagne, Old Gold, Old Bronze

FEATURES:

· 1. Great TC Mod Co-designed with AmbitionZ VapeR

· 2. Powered by Single 21700/20700/18650 Battery with 120W max output

· 3. Fully metal construction and ultra-ergonomic design

· 4. Multiple working modes

· 5. 0.0018S ultrafast firing speed

DP127-details-01.jpg

IMG-4757.jpg

IMG-4761.jpg

IMG-4765.jpg

IMG-4769.jpg

IMG-4763.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

The Cold Steel 100 comes in quite a different package than what I’m used to seeing. The box itself is quite small and when opened I found what appeared to be a belt holster like one would store a pocket knife in on their belt. However, it doesn’t appear that there is room once the pouch is closed that there would be room for a tank on the mod if you were actually going to wear it on your belt. Besides user manual and warranty card, there is a USB mini charging cable and 18650 battery adapter included.

The mod itself reminds me of the old Zen mods from years ago or even somewhat similar to the SX mini. Its basic design is a battery tube with the board and closure mounted on the side. I know the picture above shows the Ambitionz Vaper logo above the fire button but the one that I received does not have that. As a matter of fact, the mod doesn’t have any kind of markings or branding on it besides the Cold Steel stamped into the metal on the back of the unit on the bottom. With the black version, it is barely noticeable.

The one I received is black. It seems like a decent finish on it. From top to bottom on the face of the mod is the fire button, display screen, + and – buttons, and USB mini charging port. When the mod is first turned on the display shows Cold Steel. The display is a little small compared to some more current mods. The display shows the mode (normal, soft, hard), atomizer resistance, a battery level indicator, voltage of current puff, and in larger font the set wattage. The operation is as follows:

- Press the fire button five times to turn on and off

- Press the fire button to go to the mode menu and use the + and – buttons to scroll through the available modes( Power, Temperature control, Curve, Bypass, and Volt)

- Press the + and – buttons to lock the mod from firing or adjusting

- Press the fire and – button to flip the screen

- Press the fire and + button to lock the adjustment buttons

- Press the fire, + and – buttons to go to stealth mode

DP127-details-02.jpg

DP127-details-03.jpg

DP127-details-04.jpg

DP127-details-05-1.jpg

DP127-details-06.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Overall I liked the simplicity and the feeling in the hand of the Cold Steel mod. Yes the display is a little small and doesn’t show a ton of information on the screen but sometimes simple is better. The mod is very small and lightweight in my opinion for a 21700 mod. Sometimes it’s hard to put into words how well a mod feels in the hand. For me, this is one of the most comfortable to hold 21700 mods that I’ve tried.

It has all of the basic modes that you see on most mods. I usually don’t use temperature control and am for the most part a wattage vaper. I used to play around with some of the curve functions on different mods but to me it wasn’t usually worth the trouble. I like that the mod will fit a 25mm tank comfortably. I have heard some remarks about this mod being a copy of the SX mini but you could get a few of these for the same price as one of the SX. I do own an SX and yes it is similar in design. The cold steel is smaller and lighter weight. No it’s not a high end mod but seems to function well in my opinion for what it is. If you’re looking for an inexpensive 21700 mod that works well and doesn’t have a noticeable lag on firing then it may be a good fit for you. So would I recommend the EH Pro Cold Steel mod? Yes I would. It may just be my opinion but I very much like it and plan on continuing to use it. As usual, a big thanks to Sourcemore and Lilia for sending this for review. Also thanks to you the readers that make it possible for me to continue writing reviews. Below is a link to the Sourcemore website and a coupon code they have provided if you’d like to pick up one yourself.

CODE: ECS100 for $29.89

Ehpro Cold Steel 100 Mod TC 120W | Single 21700/20700/18650 cell (sourcemore.com)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review @hittman! As always. I looked at one of these the other day and now I wish I had picked it up. It looks uncomfortable to hold but I trust your review that it is very comfortable. Good job!

I have a silver one I bought a long time ago. It’s lighter and more comfortable to hold than my SX mini. It’s almost like holding a tube mod since that’s basically what the back side is. I really do like it.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I’m back once again today to present yet another review. This time I will be attempting to cover the EH Pro Cold Steel 100 Mod. This mod seems very small in the hand for a 21700/ 20700/ 18650 mod and is very comfortable to hold. Although it’s not one of the most popular brands out there, I think it’s a very nice and simple mod that can fit in a pocket and still last me through the whole day for my style of vaping. Let’s see what’s included and I’ll give my opinions on it so you can judge for yourself if it would be a good fit for you also.

DP127-02.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

● 1 x Ehpro Cold Steel 100 Mod

● 1 x Belt Loop Holster

● 1 x 18650 battery Adaptor

● 1 x USB Cable

● 1 x User Manual

● 1 x Warranty Card

● 1 x Certification Card

● 1 x Battery Safety Card

DP127-details-07.jpg

IMG-4685.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimensions 39 x 27.5 x 91.5mm

Battery Type 18650/20700/21700 battery (not included)

Coil Resistance Range 0.05-3.0ohm

Voltage Range 0.5-8V

Output Current 35A

Temperature Range 100-315℃ / 200-600℉

Work Mode PWR/ TEMP / CURVE / VOLT / BYPASS

Material Stainless Steel + Brass + Zinc Alloy

Color Black Obsidian, Grey Champagne, Old Gold, Old Bronze

FEATURES:

· 1. Great TC Mod Co-designed with AmbitionZ VapeR

· 2. Powered by Single 21700/20700/18650 Battery with 120W max output

· 3. Fully metal construction and ultra-ergonomic design

· 4. Multiple working modes

· 5. 0.0018S ultrafast firing speed

DP127-details-01.jpg

IMG-4757.jpg

IMG-4761.jpg

IMG-4765.jpg

IMG-4769.jpg

IMG-4763.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

The Cold Steel 100 comes in quite a different package than what I’m used to seeing. The box itself is quite small and when opened I found what appeared to be a belt holster like one would store a pocket knife in on their belt. However, it doesn’t appear that there is room once the pouch is closed that there would be room for a tank on the mod if you were actually going to wear it on your belt. Besides user manual and warranty card, there is a USB mini charging cable and 18650 battery adapter included.

The mod itself reminds me of the old Zen mods from years ago or even somewhat similar to the SX mini. Its basic design is a battery tube with the board and closure mounted on the side. I know the picture above shows the Ambitionz Vaper logo above the fire button but the one that I received does not have that. As a matter of fact, the mod doesn’t have any kind of markings or branding on it besides the Cold Steel stamped into the metal on the back of the unit on the bottom. With the black version, it is barely noticeable.

The one I received is black. It seems like a decent finish on it. From top to bottom on the face of the mod is the fire button, display screen, + and – buttons, and USB mini charging port. When the mod is first turned on the display shows Cold Steel. The display is a little small compared to some more current mods. The display shows the mode (normal, soft, hard), atomizer resistance, a battery level indicator, voltage of current puff, and in larger font the set wattage. The operation is as follows:

- Press the fire button five times to turn on and off

- Press the fire button to go to the mode menu and use the + and – buttons to scroll through the available modes( Power, Temperature control, Curve, Bypass, and Volt)

- Press the + and – buttons to lock the mod from firing or adjusting

- Press the fire and – button to flip the screen

- Press the fire and + button to lock the adjustment buttons

- Press the fire, + and – buttons to go to stealth mode

DP127-details-02.jpg

DP127-details-03.jpg

DP127-details-04.jpg

DP127-details-05-1.jpg

DP127-details-06.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Overall I liked the simplicity and the feeling in the hand of the Cold Steel mod. Yes the display is a little small and doesn’t show a ton of information on the screen but sometimes simple is better. The mod is very small and lightweight in my opinion for a 21700 mod. Sometimes it’s hard to put into words how well a mod feels in the hand. For me, this is one of the most comfortable to hold 21700 mods that I’ve tried.

It has all of the basic modes that you see on most mods. I usually don’t use temperature control and am for the most part a wattage vaper. I used to play around with some of the curve functions on different mods but to me it wasn’t usually worth the trouble. I like that the mod will fit a 25mm tank comfortably. I have heard some remarks about this mod being a copy of the SX mini but you could get a few of these for the same price as one of the SX. I do own an SX and yes it is similar in design. The cold steel is smaller and lighter weight. No it’s not a high end mod but seems to function well in my opinion for what it is. If you’re looking for an inexpensive 21700 mod that works well and doesn’t have a noticeable lag on firing then it may be a good fit for you. So would I recommend the EH Pro Cold Steel mod? Yes I would. It may just be my opinion but I very much like it and plan on continuing to use it. As usual, a big thanks to Sourcemore and Lilia for sending this for review. Also thanks to you the readers that make it possible for me to continue writing reviews. Below is a link to the Sourcemore website and a coupon code they have provided if you’d like to pick up one yourself.

CODE: ECS100 for $29.89

Ehpro Cold Steel 100 Mod TC 120W | Single 21700/20700/18650 cell (sourcemore.com)

Great review Hitt...

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I went back and forth on the Cold Steel and the SXmini SL Class, went with the SL in the end. Wish I had both.

I like that the cold steel is a little smaller and lighter. I used my SX for a while but it ended up in storage.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review, this mod is right up my alley, inexpensive and basic.
    Off note: Your review on the Vaporesso Swag PX80 convinced me to buy one, this is a great mod, tank and coils. If my Freemax tanks and coils are a 10, then the PX80 is a 9.9. Thanks again!

Thanks. I'm glad you're liking the PX80 as much as I do. I found out yesterday that the Cold steel is on pre order now at Sourcemore. It was in stock when they sent it for review but that was a few weeks ago. I'm sure they will get more soon.

Reactions: dennism

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    What I like about this mod is that no matter what orientation it's positioned in in my hand, I can fire it. This is due to the size and shape of it but also becuase if the shape of the fire button. I can literally pick it up without any attention to where the fire button is, squeeze it in my fist and fire it. The fire buttone shape is just like some aegis mods and is great for using when you have work gloves on.

The mod is actually smaller than it looks in this picture.
    DP127-details-02.jpg

The downside about this mod is that it resets to 35W every time you change the battery. I have been in contact with EHPro many times and they pretend to fix that problem in the firmware, but never actually do. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread