EhPro Kayfun Lite Plus - Sucking Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

profector

Verified Member
Ordered a ehpro KFL+ a few days ago and it arrived last night. It is my first true rba. I've been using the Kanger Unitank for a few months and rebuilt it once before deciding to get the kayfun. When I got it, I opened the box, washed it with hot water, wiped it down, built my coil, put it back together, and finished filling it. It seemed to go fine, no leaks, no shorts, and got 1.6 ohms on the first try. The coil wasn't pretty, but it works. Now onto the problem. When I vape I get an airy sound. If I loosen the set screw it whistles, and if I tighten it I get the airy sound and it doesn't go away till I tighten it so much I can't pull through it anymore. Never had this problem with the Unitank, so I'm not sure how to fix it. Seems to be a pretty common problem but I haven't found a solution yet. Anyone? Thanks

If it matters, I have it on a Vamo V5.

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Some whistle, some don't. You can try removing the set screw, beveling as gpjoe suggested, some have tried to ream out the air channel, put a small piece of SS mesh in the air channel, or you may have slightly flooded the evaporation chamber. Lots of possibilities. Mine has whistled since the day I bought it and nothing I have done has helped. I just live with it while others have had success with some of the "fixes" I listed.
Sort of the luck of the draw.....

jmathers

Verified Member
Definitely try the dremel bevel. I bought a KFL+ last week and had exactly the same problem. Took a dremel diamond tip and just rotated it in the air hole with my fingers for a few minutes (no Dremel attached!) and it was enough to just slightly bevel the hole. The whistling stopped completely. Easy fix for me.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Just a little alteration in the air path makes a big difference. You also may want to check for any obstructions in the airway. I find it comical how I focus on the little whistling sound and my wife can't hear it on the other end of the couch unless the room is perfectly still...lol. Guess it's not that bad with mine???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread