The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ejuice Bottles for Air Travel?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by The Yeti, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Yeti

The Yeti Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Black Hills, SD
    Hi All,

I have noticed that when I travel by air and I put my ejuice in plastic 30ml dropper bottles with the rest of my carry-on liquids, they will somehow "absorb" something during the flight (I'm assuming it's the changes in pressure) and end up with a "perfume-y" taste.

When I have a checked bag, this isn't an issue because I transport the ejuice in 240 ml glass bottles.

Does anyone use glass bottles when carrying them on the plane? Alternately, does anyone know of plastic bottles that will not absorb scents/flavors through the porous plastic??

• Like Like x 1
  2. chanelvaps

chanelvaps ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I always use glass. For check in bags and carry on. I do not use many plastic bottles at all. I have never noticed a difference in any of the glass ones.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I only use glass myself. If you are finding a problem with the liquids you carry on, I would suggest using a glass dripper bottle for the time you are traveling and etc. I'd imagine it is possible that doing something w/r/t pressure changes and whatnot could cause flavor changes in plastic bottles although I guess I'm a bit hazy on how that should work.

You shouldn't have a problem with a few glass bottles in your carryon, in the US anyway. It's more about size and etc. than what the liquids are stored in.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Yeti

The Yeti Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Black Hills, SD
    My theory is that since I have my ejuice in with all my other liquids which include scented stuff (shampoo, etc.) that somehow it is absorbing through the plastic bottles.

Gonna get me some 4oz/100ml glass bottles and use those from now on when traveling. Thanks all!

• Like Like x 1
  5. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    @The Yeti - I've travelled quite a bit on some long flights with my eliquids always in PP and/or LDPE plastic dropper bottles in my carry-on. I've never noticed any taste nor smell differences in them though. If you want to keep using plastic, maybe put them in a smaller baggie, then inside the larger one with the rest of your liquids. That would give them an extra layer of protection.

About using a 4oz. (120mL) glass bottle - That size is definitely too big to take if you fill it. The maximum allowed in 1 container is 100mL. However, the TSA people won't actually measure to see you've only put 100mL in the 120mL bottle. They may actually just pitch it instead, assuming it's too much. I've seen them do it to other people if they're in doubt, when they've got larger bottles of other things...but they aren't full.

• Like Like x 3
  6. RayN

RayN Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2012
    Texas
    Yes, you need to stay under that 3.4 ounce rule per bottle (max capacity, how full it is doesn't matter) or it's very likely to get tossed by TSA.
    That's for carry on, doesn't matter in your checked bags.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.