Not open for further replies.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Hi All,

I have noticed that when I travel by air and I put my ejuice in plastic 30ml dropper bottles with the rest of my carry-on liquids, they will somehow "absorb" something during the flight (I'm assuming it's the changes in pressure) and end up with a "perfume-y" taste.

When I have a checked bag, this isn't an issue because I transport the ejuice in 240 ml glass bottles.

Does anyone use glass bottles when carrying them on the plane? Alternately, does anyone know of plastic bottles that will not absorb scents/flavors through the porous plastic??

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I only use glass myself. If you are finding a problem with the liquids you carry on, I would suggest using a glass dripper bottle for the time you are traveling and etc. I'd imagine it is possible that doing something w/r/t pressure changes and whatnot could cause flavor changes in plastic bottles although I guess I'm a bit hazy on how that should work.

You shouldn't have a problem with a few glass bottles in your carryon, in the US anyway. It's more about size and etc. than what the liquids are stored in.

Anna

Reactions: The Yeti

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@The Yeti - I've travelled quite a bit on some long flights with my eliquids always in PP and/or LDPE plastic dropper bottles in my carry-on. I've never noticed any taste nor smell differences in them though. If you want to keep using plastic, maybe put them in a smaller baggie, then inside the larger one with the rest of your liquids. That would give them an extra layer of protection.

About using a 4oz. (120mL) glass bottle - That size is definitely too big to take if you fill it. The maximum allowed in 1 container is 100mL. However, the TSA people won't actually measure to see you've only put 100mL in the 120mL bottle. They may actually just pitch it instead, assuming it's too much. I've seen them do it to other people if they're in doubt, when they've got larger bottles of other things...but they aren't full.

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
@The Yeti - I've travelled quite a bit on some long flights with my eliquids always in PP and/or LDPE plastic dropper bottles in my carry-on. I've never noticed any taste nor smell differences in them though. If you want to keep using plastic, maybe put them in a smaller baggie, then inside the larger one with the rest of your liquids. That would give them an extra layer of protection.

About using a 4oz. (120mL) glass bottle - That size is definitely too big to take if you fill it. The maximum allowed in 1 container is 100mL. However, the TSA people won't actually measure to see you've only put 100mL in the 120mL bottle. They may actually just pitch it instead, assuming it's too much. I've seen them do it to other people if they're in doubt, when they've got larger bottles of other things...but they aren't full.
Yes, you need to stay under that 3.4 ounce rule per bottle (max capacity, how full it is doesn't matter) or it's very likely to get tossed by TSA.
That's for carry on, doesn't matter in your checked bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread