Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I'm running into a problem installing the new version. WinZip seems to "hang" after the install routine and I never get the cue to click "OK" to terminate WinZip. If I do stop WinZip (I've waited ~10 minutes just to be safe) and try to start ejuice Me Up, I get the following error message:

2015-01-23 19_11_38-Clipboard.jpg

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks very much.

ps... as you can probably tell I'm not very competent at putting a screenshot in a post.....

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I'm running into a problem installing the new version. WinZip seems to "hang" after the install routine and I never get the cue to click "OK" to terminate WinZip. If I do stop WinZip (I've waited ~10 minutes just to be safe) and try to start eJuice Me Up, I get the following error message:

View attachment 406245

ps... as you can probably tell I'm not very competent at putting a screenshot in a post.....

I am not really going to be of much help, but several years ago I bought a program called Winrar, and that is what I opened it with, and it worked fine. I think I bought it because of problems like what you are having.

KAS

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
10 flavoring lines added..........

Thank you so much!

I'm running into a problem installing the new version. WinZip seems to "hang" after the install routine and I never get the cue to click "OK" to terminate WinZip. If I do stop WinZip (I've waited ~10 minutes just to be safe) and try to start eJuice Me Up, I get the following error message:

View attachment 406245

How are you installing? When you click on the file to download, are you downloading the file to your drive first or choosing the option to Save and Open? Try this. Download the file to your drive, then unzip the files. If you have the eJuice calculator program open, close it. Right click on setup.exe and choose the option to Run As Administrator, then install. Depending on your Windows OS, the Run As Administrator option elevates privileges even if you are logged in with a local administrator account.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thank you so much!
How are you installing? When you click on the file to download, are you downloading the file to your drive first or choosing the option to Save and Open? Try this. Download the file to your drive, then unzip the files. If you have the eJuice calculator program open, close it. Right click on setup.exe and choose the option to Run As Administrator, then install. Depending on your Windows OS, the Run As Administrator option elevates privileges even if you are logged in with a local administrator account.

I'm using a box with XP Pro -- I'm very resistant to change...lol. I believe there is something funky with the OS or the old system itself and it's causing this problem. Reason for saying this is I just finished installing eJuiceMeUp (eJMU) on a box with Win7Pro with not a hitch. So, what I think I'll do is back up my .rec files and delete eJMU completely on the XP box and try a reinstall. Worse case it won't install properly again but I still have it on the other system. Best I'm back in business on this system. I'll then add back the .rec files from the flash drive.

Thanks for the help.... I really need to upgrade from XP and have been checking out various distros of Linux, but not sure if I want to spend the time learning about it. ....:D

Last edited:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
When you installed via WinZip, the installation of EJMU did not fully complete hence the error on running EJMU.
Go to Add/Remove and uninstall eJuice Me Up.
Use Winzip and extract the files of ejuicemeup.zip to a temp folder. Then double click the setup.exe to run the installation.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
When you installed via WinZip, the installation of EJMU did not fully complete hence the error on running EJMU.
Go to Add/Remove and uninstall eJuice Me Up.
Use Winzip and extract the files of ejuicemeup.zip to a temp folder. Then double click the setup.exe to run the installation.

Thanks Dave.... Have it fixed now. I didn't exactly follow your advice because I just got the notice of your post, but what I did was unintstall EJMU after saving my .rec files. I then reinstalled and like magic (computers are truly magic to me...lol) EJMU was up and running like a top and even my .rec files were there. I never considered they would remain behind after deleting the program. Saved me from having to copy them back from the jump drive.
I really appreciate your help and the program is running great. I rarely use 10 flavors, but it is nice to know the capability is there.
Thanks for continuing to update the program -- I'm sure it's a lot of work.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Did a quick test, wow this is really nice. Even includes pricing and inventory control lol. Thanks, will be using!

Where do you see pricing and an inventory list? I have looked at all the options and don't see this.

Thanks Dave.... Have it fixed now. I didn't exactly follow your advice because I just got the notice of your post, but what I did was unintstall EJMU after saving my .rec files. I then reinstalled and like magic (computers are truly magic to me...lol) EJMU was up and running like a top and even my .rec files were there. I never considered they would remain behind after deleting the program. Saved me from having to copy them back from the jump drive.
I really appreciate your help and the program is running great. I rarely use 10 flavors, but it is nice to know the capability is there.

That's good news!

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Great to hear that you got it installed Matt.
Yeah 10 flavors is a bit much for my taste. Rarely use more than 3 flavors myself.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Great to hear that you got it installed Matt.
Yeah 10 flavors is a bit much for my taste. Rarely use more than 3 flavors myself.

Who knows.... maybe someday I'll decide to make one of those "garbage can punch" concoctions. I remember them from school -- we dumped whatever guests brought to the party into a big barrel (cleaned of course) and choked down the results.....:D Man, did I have some serious headaches after one of those soirees.....

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Where do you see pricing and an inventory list? I have looked at all the options and don't see this.

That's good news!

I've never seen pricing or inventory control for e-juice me up. I would love to see cost calculation maybe as a tool in the tool menu. I would use that alot. I now need to go to another app for that but it would be so great if it was all in one app like e-juice me up. I love the fact that it's a PC app and not a web app. I have it on my laptop and can use it even if I don't have internet access. Never the less this is still my go to app for mixing.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I'm just learning about Linux, but isn't there an "interface" (Wine???) that will allow you to run Win programs within Linux? I may be completely off base, but am curious. TIA

There is, but I've been having issues in getting it to run properly under Wine. Still fiddling with it, though.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.