Ejuice Shelf life and a storage solution questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
How long is ejuice good for, sitting in the dark? I ask because I have been going a little nuts with buying a lot of different flavors, pg/vg mixes and nic content. I steep by default because of this which seems to be ok so far but it got me to wondering how long is the juice good for? I like a bubble gum flavor pretty well so I got a 50ml bottle, but with all the other flavors I am trying out it won't get used up anytime soon, and it isn't an all day vape.

Also, I need a good storage solution. I am thinking about a tackle box of some sort like I have seen, but was curious if there is a better option some are using. Having different age of liquids, and nic strength, and soon different vendors is about to get annoying real fast with my shoe box....

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
How long is ejuice good for, sitting in the dark? I ask because I have been going a little nuts with buying a lot of different flavors, pg/vg mixes and nic content. I steep by default because of this which seems to be ok so far but it got me to wondering how long is the juice good for? I like a bubble gum flavor pretty well so I got a 50ml bottle, but with all the other flavors I am trying out it won't get used up anytime soon, and it isn't an all day vape.

Also, I need a good storage solution. I am thinking about a tackle box of some sort like I have seen, but was curious if there is a better option some are using. Having different age of liquids, and nic strength, and soon different vendors is about to get annoying real fast with my shoe box....

I have a cheapo 3 tier tacklebox for all my small stuff to keep it organized. JUices I just have in plastic lidded boxes in the pantry. I DIY so I have alot of juices/juice making supplies.

Most things I have read here on ECF is 1-2 years shelf life on juice.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
cool so 1-2 years on shelf life. I will probably go with a tackle box too. I have seen a few that have slide out drawers but I gotta check out the sizes of the slots. Most of my juices are 15 ml right now so I think they will fit. I can't wait to goto walmart with a few bottles of juice and test fit. With any luck a sales associate will wander by and ask if I need some help :p

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
These are from several months ago and this thing is completely filled now, but it works really well. Juice on the bottom is in a dark cool place, plenty of room on top for all my batteries and spare parts. I have the upper right corner filled with steeping juices now, tobacco vapes on the right and everything else on the left. Picked it up at KMart for $23.

fg2l.jpg

yxzg.jpg

duby1622

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
United States
I am in the same boat. As a newish vapor i have tried as many vendors as i could, with a couple different nic levels, and testing PG/VG ratios. Everything i have read says ejuice is good for at least a year if stored properly (out of direct light in a cool place), and some say it lasts even longer refrigerated.

I have reordered many of my favorites to let them steep while i finish off the remaining supply. I was also able to "donate" alot of juice to converted vapors (mother, friend, and a cousin). The classifieds are another way to get rid of some juice. Even selling at a loss helps the community.

This is what i am using to store (most) of my juices Amazon.com: 64-Bottle Essential Oils Presentation Case and Portfolio 5-15ml - Black: Health & Personal Care. Thinking about buying another one...

RT88

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
island fortress
I've seen flavor loss in a dark cabinet, 70F-80F after 4 months. i now steep for 6 weeks and then fridge, removing for a few days then back in. So many in rotation its about once or twice a month then back in. i don't cold-reload.

I don't buy the theory that condensation will spoil juice faster in the fridge. All chemical and biological activity is reduced at frig temps vs. any cabinet.

unless you live in siberia and dont use a heater

condensation is also limited by the small air vol. you're talking about a headspace of a few cc only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread