Eleaf Ello Duro - flavor be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
Hello everyone, today i like to share my thoughs and experience with the Ello Duro tank by Eleaf. Please tolerate my inperfect english, thank you :)

I have a couple of these tanks but they have been collecting dust for some time. By doing this review i like to give this tank an another change to claim its place once again.

First impression is nice. It looks very good, even the normal version, not the acrylic with painted glass eleaf sell paired with the lexicon mod. Drip tip is wide 810 with beatiful shades of black and gold colours. Rest of the tank is black with good looking bulb 6.5ml capacity pyrex glass. The coil is short but wide mesh coil. Saturation holes are small and at bottom, there are no marked minium juice level on coil and by my experience you get to vape almoust every last bit of juice without having to worry about dry burn and ruining the coil.

Ello duro comes with 2 different coils. The hw-m and hw-n. Both are of course mesh coil hw-m is 0.15ohm and rated 50-100 and works best at 80w. Hw-N is 0.20ohm rated 40-90w and works best at 70w. The difference is very minimal, pretty much unnoticeable. I have a feeling the hw-m burns quicker so i have used the hw-n

Now lets vape on things thing! *vapes* *cough* *cough* holy shiet and such! Well not really. While the vapor production per wattage is good the flawor is pretty much gone and very one dimensional. I loaded it with pretty strong tasting ejuice, miami shore. Apples with very hard coolness. Not menthol but very cool. Ello duro pushes faint apple and aftertaste of sweet vg. Im using 80vg20pg ratio. The overwhelming coolness is totally gone. I pick melo4, cheaper tank by eleaf and it tastes like it should. Flavors on this tank are total let down and huge dissapointment. I still think for me using this tank is a waste of ejuice, when i have many othet and better options.

Then the top gap you push to reveal the filling hole is so loose it is a very bad idea to put this tank in your pocket or bag, it will open eventually and make a mess you hate to clean. Other thing is the filling hole is botched aswell. If you dont have tiny tip on your ejuice bottle like those on 10ml bottles it wont fit very well, this shouldnt be a problem but this hole is a master for creating very annoying and bad airlocks, no matter how you try to squeese the air out of your ejuice bottle. It can be almoust maddening to see the empty tank with airlock in filling hole and the whole outside of tank and your hands on ejuice. You need to carry a little stick with you to pop the airlocks. Ello duro is also very very airy and not in a goodway like uwell valyrian. Adjusting the bottom air ring does little and sometimes whistle as you vape.

It is a shame this tank perform so poorly. Built quality is very good and the looks are corgeous, but what you get out of this one is dissapointment and frustration.

I rate this tank 2/5

Thanks for reading :)

• Informative
Reactions: tailland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread