Status
Not open for further replies.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
eleaf iJust 21700 & Ello Duro
Review by stratus.vaping

Eleaf kindly provided me with the device, but I always give a realistic review, usually after a week or two of daily use. I normally use an identical well known premium e-liquid for all my reviews, it’s high VG, zero Nic and uses flavourings with complex flavour notes, I know how it tastes in many devices and with varied settings, in that way I can try to judge how good a device is at releasing subtle flavours.

As usual I will try to give a chatty user review rather than a technical analysis, so here we go.

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened this iJust kit, launched as a variation of the iJust range that uses a removable 21700 (or a 18650 with the adapter provided) battery. I wasn’t expecting a battery to be included in this 2ML EU TPD region kit, but there it was, a quality 21700 battery. I would imagine that there are country variations as to what’s included in the box, there’s also a child-lock version. There’s a host of spare seals in the box too, a very useful addition that some other manufacturers should note.

9DOMWQV.jpg

M4kV02s.jpg

on0TjS4.jpg

7mALKlO.jpg

I received the silver version, there’s also Red, Black, Purple-Blue, and Dazzling variants. I’m a conservative kind of guy regarding colours so the silver suits me well. The kit is very well built and feels rugged and hefty in the hand with the battery fitted.

vXxhBSd.jpg

h392KaG.jpg

The Ello Duro tank in this TPD version comes with a very nice white swirl design glass and a plain spare glass too. The 5.5ml version has a diamond bulge glass, to be honest I prefer the look of the straight glass I received. The tank screwed on to the battery base very easily, the thread is well engineered and the fit is snug. The newly designed mesh coils are something special, two are provided; the HW-M2 and the HW-N2. Both are 0.2 Ohm 40-90W with the mesh being Kanthal, the difference being the fineness of the mesh itself. There’s an interesting design feature just visible in my tank parts image above, inside the coil mesh circumference there is an obvious vertical “pillar” with a domed top, air travels up through this hollow pillar and hits the mesh and cotton via a multitude of holes - this seems to give a very uniform flow of air and also appears to reduce the amount of liquid that can gather at the base of the coil itself - which in other coil types can then find it’s way out of the airflow holes. I had no leaks whatsever so it seems to work! The cotton itself is described as “porous cotton” Looking at the graphic above this seems to suggest that it has tiny holes in it.

Whatever it is, it provides a huge amount of vapour, more on that later. I could not find any info about the Self-Cleaning (LPSC) Technology, perhaps it relates to the material used to make the mesh…..

icLUQpz.jpg

It was easy to take the tank apart, the large seals were obvious and a testament to Eleafs plan to make this tank leak proof, and prime the coil before rebuilding. To fill slide the tank top in the direction indicated by the clear arrow and squeeze away. There’s a well designed silicon seal fitted in the fill hole that seems to work very well, a variation of the seal is supplied as a spare but I didn’t try it out.

The air flow control ring provides a vast amount of control, being a DTL vaper I opened it all the way, brave man that I am.

Time to fire it up. The large single button control serves as a fire button as well as a means to change the LED colour. The usual 5 fast clicks do the job, with the LED behind the fire button flashing 4 times when turned on, the LED is not very bright and in strong light it’s a little hard to see. Battery level is indicated by the LED colour; green = 100-60%, orange = 59-30%, blue 29-10% and when it shows red= charge it internally using the supplied USB cable or as I always advise use a quality intelligent external charger. The iJust 21700 is a direct output device, so there’s nothing to change or to set to start, so simple. Press the fire button, take an enthusiastic pull and ...

Good grief! A huge amount of vapour was produced instantly that was a bit too warm for me, intense flavour too. After recovering and dispersing the huge cloud .... I adjusted the airflow to about 35% open, being a wimp and preferring a cool vape I was much more careful and vaped again... more gently. That sorted it, the intense flavour was still there as was the huge vapour volume but it was much cooler. Suited me fine, it’s a personal thing ofc, but I think there is enough airflow variation to suit most vapers, though I doubt that MTL would be possible.

With this 2ml version it drank through the available liquid fairly quickly, not a surprise when you see the amount of vapour this thing can produce! The 21700 battery lasted an age, easily all day with regular use, a very practical kit indeed. The coils seem long lasting too, I’m on the first, perhaps something to do with that mysterious self cleaning technology? I can see a slight colouring of the cotton now but the flavour is still excellent. Other HW series coils fit too, so it’s worth trying them out to find which suit your preferences.

Conclusion
The iJust 21700 and Ello Duro combo is a very powerful, robust and simple to operate kit, spare parts included, instant firing, huge airflow range, excellent flavour, long battery life, no leaks - what’s not to like? Recommended.

Specifications.

Diameter: 25mm
Height: 148mm (5.5ml version) / 130.5mm (2ml version)
E-liquid capacity: 5.5ml version / 2ml version
Battery type: Single 21700/18650
Output wattage: 80W max
Resistance range: 0.1Ω-3.0Ω
Thread: 510 thread
Drip-tip: 810 + O-Rings
Coil: HW-M2 0.2ohm Head; HW-N2 0.2ohm Head
Compatible with: HW series coils
Selective Child Lock/without Child Lock Version
All-new HW-M2/HW-N2 Head
Leakage-Proof & Self-Cleaning (LPSC) Technology
Compatible with 21700/18650 Cell
Four-colour LED Indicating Battery Level
Convenient Retractable Top Fill System
Adjustable Bottom Airflow Control
Lateral USB Charging
Multiple electronic Protections

Full details and some fancy graphics are on the Eleaf Global site: iJust 21700 with ELLO Duro - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread