Eleaf iJust 21700 with Ello Duro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the iJust 21700 with Ello Duro from eleaf. The iJust 21700 with Ello Duro was supplied for the purpose of this review by eleaf.

iJust 21700 with ELLO Duro - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Introduction

The iJust 21700 is the latest in the iJust series of stick style devices from Eleaf. When i first heard about the device i was expecting an in-built 21700 which couldn't be charged externally or replaced so when it arrived and found it can be swapped out and charged externally filled in a box with a massive tick when it comes to this style of device. The iJust 21700 also has better than average battery status indication but other than that is like many of these vape pen devices a simple direct output device taking the power straight from the battery. In this kit we see the device paired with the Ello Duro subohm tank and the introduction of 2 new mesh coils with 360 degree airflow and juice recycling system which minimises any leaking issues. For this type of device the iJust 21700 Kit is quite interesting so let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

5.5ml Standard Edition

1× iJust 21700 (No Cell or included cell options)
1× ELLO Duro Atomizer (5.5ml version)(childlock version option)
1× HW-M2 0.2ohm Head
1× HW-N2 0.2ohm Head
1x Spare glass
1× QC USB Cable
2× User Manuals
Spare Parts

2ml TPD Edition

1× iJust 21700 (No Cell or included Cell options)
1× ELLO Duro Atomizer (2ml version)(childlock version option)
1× HW-M2 0.2ohm Head
1× HW-N2 0.2ohm Head
1x Spare glass
1× QC USB Cable
2× User Manuals
Spare Parts

As well as the Kit being available in both Standard and TPD editions, it's available with or without an included 21700 battery and with or without the child-lock version of the Ello Duro.

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The iJust 21700 Kit came in the usual Eleaf style of cardboard packaging with a picture of the device on the sleeve in the colour that you have received. I received the Dazzling version which comes with matching tank with both glass and drip tip tinted Green which is the dominant colour of this Dazzling version. It's also available in Purple Blue, Silver, Red and Black, all versions come with matching Ello Duro with tinted glass and drip tip to suit the colour choice. The device is quite plain with grooved design and etched branding which as it's etched is quite understated and not in your face, this will be to most peoples taste. On the front towards the top we have a 6-sided shaped fire button with raised design which looks similar to the Mercedes-Benz logo, the button has a surround that houses 2 small LED's. Further down is "ELEAF" etched and as already mentioned the entire tubular shape has grooved design. The reverse has the micro USB port towards the top and "iJUST 21700" etched further down. The top and base (which is the battery cap) are Silver with matching heavy texturing, this texturing makes the device 25mm in diameter but the main tube and very top where the tank sits as a diameter of 24mm. The base has etched safety marks and central venting hole, up top we have a Gold plated, spring loaded 510 with raised rim, the perimeter also has a matching rim so there will be no visible gaping. Being a tubular device it's ergonomically sound and the device appears to be made well and should have good durability.

iJust 21700 with Ello Duro Specs and Features:

Diameter: 25mm
Height: 148mm (5.5ml version) / 130.5mm (2ml version)
E-liquid capacity: 5.5ml version / 2ml version
Battery type: Single 21700/18650
Output wattage: 80W max
Resistance range: 0.1Ω-3.0Ω
Thread: 510 thread
Coil: HW-M2 0.2ohm Head; HW-N2 0.2ohm Head
Compatible with: HW series coils
Selective Child Lock/without Chold Lock Version
All-new HW-M2/HW-N2 Head
Leakage-Proof & Self-Cleaning (LPSC) Technology
Compatible with 21700/18650 Cell
Four-colour LED Indicating Battery Level
Convenient Retractable Top Fill System
Adjustable Bottom Airflow Control
Lateral USB Charging
Multiple Protections
Colours: Purple Blue, Silver, Dazzling, Red, Black

ELLO Duro Overview

Receiving the TPD edition kit, the ELLO Duro tank came pre-installed with the 2ml capacity straight glass tube which is tinted and has swirl design, a plain straight 2ml glass is also included. The standard edition comes with a unique looking diamond type shape glass tube which holds 5.5mm of juice. Not having the standard version i can't be sure but although i do love the look of the shape in pictures if dropped the impact will be on the pointed edging of the glass so i imagine it will be lucky if it survived a drop. The drip tip is an 810 with o-rings and has the same tinted transparent with swirl design as the glass, all very matchy. The base has heavy texturing but unlike the VATE version of the ELLO the top section is relatively smooth (the only difference i can find between the 2 tanks), the airflow on the bottom section is tri cyclops with stopper and moves with just the right amount of resistance. The Duro has a top-fill system and where the top needs to be pushed is clearly marked allowing for the top to slide open revealing the fill port which could be bigger. If you get the childlock version of the kit and the Duro is the same as with the Nowas kit it will have a self sealing membrane installed, this kit comes with a spare self sealing gasket and a standard open one. Once filled the top can be locked back into position, it also comes with spare o-rings and 2 coils. The tank comes apart very easily, just unscrew the base section which allows you to remove the glass, the coils screw straight into the base. The provided coils i will talk about in the next section, but for now i will just say they are a brand new design of mesh coil giving 360 degree airflow and almost eliminating leaking.

The New Coils

The iJust 21700 Kit see's the introduction of 2 brand new coils the HW-M2 and HW-N2 coil heads. Both coils are Mesh with a 0.2ohm resistance, rated between 40-90w and made with Kantahal, the only difference being how fine the mesh is. The coil heads have a very similar design to the Vaporesso Skrr coil heads which no doubt some people will pick up on and have a whinge, but that's how the vaping industry has always worked one manufacturer takes another manufacturers idea and adds their mark to it hopefully to improve it further. That's also why despite all the moans i here about lack of innovation we have gone from cigalikes and small ego pen devices with disposable clearomizers to all dancing all singing devices and atty's in relatively no time at all. Normally you have a hollow down the centre of the coil head which allows the air to go through the coil head but also means the only barrier between the base and airflow slots and the tank of liquid is your wicking material making e-liquid escaping through the airflow slots and on to your device a real problem with bottom airflow tanks. Unlike the Skrr coils which have a central cone instead of the hollow the HW coils have a more capsule shaped dome but it's the same idea. The air travels up the hollow of the dome which has loads of small outlets around it's entire perimeter giving smooth 360 degree air coverage to the coil, the multi hole outlets does look a better airflow system to on the Skrr coil heads. Now we don't have a hollow down the centre of the coil head so any escaping liquid gathers around the base of the capsule and gets re-wicked (recycled essentially) rather than ending up in the base of the tank and then out through the airflow slots. Unlike a lot of manufacturers that are concentrating on improving their coil heads Eleaf haven't gone with the use of Flax or Wood pulp to mix with the cotton for their wicking material but instead have gone with a new more porous cotton which holds the liquid better and absorbs the liquid much quicker. The coil heads rating makes them ideal for using with the iJust 21700 and if you have any other HW coils about that suit the output of the device then thy are fully compatible with the Duro.

Fitting The Battery

The iJust 21700 will accommodate either a 21700 or 18650 (with supplied adaptor) battery which is inserted into the bottom of the tube after the removal of the base which is your battery cap. Their is no issues with the quality of the threading and orientation is marked clearly both inside the tube and on the underneath of the cap, good job!

Using The iJust 21700

The iJust 21700 is a simple direct output device giving the available voltage straight from the battery to the fitted tank or atty, so no menu system and no adjustments to the output can be made. It's the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and when doing either the LED's on the fire buttons surround blink 4 times to confirm. The device has good battery status indication but rather than the whole surround of the fire button lighting up we have a tiny LED to each side point of the button so it's quite subtle. When vaping if the LED's are Green the battery is between 60% and 100%, if they are Orange the battery is between 30% and 59%, if they are Blue the battery is between 10% and 29% and finally if the LED's light Red the battery is at less than 10% and it's time to think about charging. The battery indication is better than average and of course the iJust 21700 also has all the usual safety protections that are indicated by various flashes of the LED's.

Protections

Overcharge Protection
Over Dis-charge Protection
Over Current Protection
Over Vape Protection (10s)
Short Circuit Protection
Reverse Polarity Protection

Using Independently

Both the device and Ello Duro Tank can be used quite happily independently with other tanks and devices. The Ello Duro is a very good subohm tank in it's own right which has been improved further with the introduction of the new coil heads. Any 24mm (which is possibly the most common size) tank or Atty will sit great on top of the iJust 21700 and a 24mm RDA with the right build would be a happy marriage.

Performance

The fire button barely protrudes but is still easy to find, has a nice click and on pressing it the device fires instantly. I tried both coils to compare flavour but then concentrated on using the M2, which was a strange choice as when comparing the coils the N2 edged it for flavour but performance was almost identical. As you would expect their is drop off as the battery runs down but the included coils suit the wattage output of the device and you get a good vape with cracking flavour throughout the battery life. The airflow has a slight restriction but has enough air for most, personally i needed to close the airflow down by a third for the restriction i like, the multi-holed airflow design on the coil heads really smooth the airflow out, they really do perform very well. As for flavour, both coils are better than average with only the coil heads i have used using either flax or wood pulp mixed with the cotton being superior. The iJust 21700 does support on-board charging but i would as always recommend charging externally unless it's your only option. When it comes to the device their are no standout cons. Any cons are objective, to one person being a direct output device is a con but enough of this type of device gets sold to suggest others prefer that simplicity. Again the only cons with the Ello Duro was with the 2ml TPD edition i constantly needed to refill but then that's a con against the regulation rather than the Ello Duro and the fill port could be slightly bigger.

Made well
Ergonomic
Nice looking
Good colour options
External 21700 or 18650 (with adaptor)
Simple to use
Fires instantly
On-board charging supported
Better than average battery status indication
New HW coils with 360 degree airflow and juice recycling system
Included new coils suit wattage output across the board
Compatible with other HW series coil heads
Better than Average flavour
Smooth airflow
Slide open top-fill
Suffered no leaking
Multiple protections
Spare glass

Cons

Direct output (a pro to some)
Needs constant refilling with 2ml version (a con against regulation not the tank)
Only 810 drip tips with 0-rings will fit
Fill port is fine for most nozzles but could be bigger

I would once again like to thank Eleaf for supplying the iJust 21700 with Ello Duro for the purpose of this review.

iJust 21700 with ELLO Duro - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread