Eleaf iKiss as a semi cigalike starter + 510 automatic battery cross brand compatibility questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdf9

Apr 24, 2016
Yo,

i want to buy a Eleaf iKiss or two for my mom as a starting point to try switch to ecigs (she does max like 20analogs a day) and for me to start learning about auto ecigs to help her on the way mainly because on paper it seems to be function-wise somewhat close to an analog because of reasonably lasting auto battery, thickness and simple charging without having to unscrew the battery.

Being aware that there might be some other problems like the drag/pull being too tight or too little vapor due to weak batt / high ohm default atomizer, tight airflow, no custom soft mouthpieces, early uneducated liquid choices or whatever, what i aim to do shortly after getting the initial feedback from her, is to start experimenting with whether these decent 510 auto batteries from iKiss or other brand's slim sub-10mm diameter batteries are compatible with other brand clearomizers and atomizer heads that i would put in them (meaning the battery connecting properly and auto triggering properly on drags) in order to maybe use a lower ohm atomizer and a different clearo + custom soft mouthpieces etc to try adress whatever other issues she might have with the vape itself not feeling somewhat cigalike for this most crucial period of smoking -> vaping transition where she wont be up for using a bigger manual pen or a grip just yet until the analogs are completely replaced by vaping first.

So i would love to hear your experience with cross brand 510 thread automatic battery compatibility and triggering, do they connect to different atomizers in different clearos that they were not made for or is there a way to determine whether it will work based on just googling the parts dimensions or images other than just knowing its a 510 thread, or do i have to just buy and test for myself? i could probably diy fix some of the air flow auto trigger problems if thats a thing i guess but im more worried about atomizer + clearo lengths and things not connecting properly to the battery even if the threads match once i start mixing part brands

Any relevant input is welcome!

edits: grammar and clarity

Last edited:
Reactions: Foggy Road

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I don't have a lot of experience with cig-a-likes because in my experience they do not work well. In general, it is my understanding the threads used by each brand are proprietary, and there is basically no cross-brand thread compatibility. That's part of the plan: once you buy their gear, they want your money for forever. I can not quickly find a thread spec on the iKiss, but I'd be surprised if it's actually a 510 thread (M7 x .5mm). It would be very easy to blow up a tiny little battery like that with a real atomizer on it. AFAIK, nobody at all makes a 510 threaded, draw activated, cig-a-like battery, and for the same two reasons: they want you to buy their stuff, and if you put anything low on it, boom! I pinged a couple of reviews, you're looking at maybe 3-4 hours run time before you need a new battery. You know your mom better than I, so maybe that's the right idea for her. But you'd better get her several batteries so she can charge some of them while vaping the others. It is characteristic of new vapers they hang on to the mod like a life ring at first, trying to stave off the cravings. It isn't going to work if they need a drag and the battery's dead. Just my :2c:, but I think the whole thing is a gimmick. Suitable for a high society ladies tea or something, but you'd better have a real mod in the car for before and after ;)

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
whatever other issues she might have with the vape itself not feeling somewhat cigalike for this most crucial period of smoking -> vaping transition where she wont be up for using a bigger manual pen or a grip just yet until the analogs are completely replaced by vaping first.

Are you are vaper?

She won't be vaping on a bigger manual pen until the analogs are completely replaced?

Are you sure it'll be good enough to quit smoking?

Since Eleaf aren't even selling this in many countries and you can bet any reviews are fake, what are you basing this buying decision on?

(off to find information...)

Hold this thread. It's an old piece of vaping hardware from 2014.
DO NOT BUY.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
You have not mentioned your mother desiring to quit.
Njoy-King-E-Cig.jpg

Buy her a 5 pack of the disposables.
Plant the seed.
Best of luck
I

E-rick

Feb 11, 2016
The ikiss is phenomenal but you will not be able to cross use it with other tanks only because of the airflow system which is also what makes it so damn good...it is 510 thread but the battery is completely sealed with no ventilation, the tank itself has an airflow hole on the side so another words if you put a random regular tank on it that draws air from the bottom like most cig a like tanks do than you will get no pull, hit, airflow in it this is one of those situations where the tank and battery aren't crazy powerful the coils are 2.2ohms and the battery is 3.4 v which normally I wouldn't give time of day I usually use 1.8 bcc esmart with a 4.2 v but the ikiss is a match of tank and battery made in heaven and I think the rare airflow system is the reason it's literally like taking a drag of a cig it's perfect (obviously use 24mg juice) vapor production and throat hit are amazing I havnt put it down since I bought it and I just bought 2 more....check out "totallywicked" s website they have a re branded version of ikiss called the titan bc it's same exact thing but you get 2 spare coils and bottle of free juice with the starter kit and they have replacement parts for it also like spare tanks and coils and batteries....and there shipping is insanely fast great company

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
AFAIK, nobody at all makes a 510 threaded, draw activated, cig-a-like battery, and for the same two reasons: they want you to buy their stuff, and if you put anything low on it, boom!

510 threaded cigalikes that are Automatic...are definitely still available and sold on more than a few websites. They can be used with a small clearo, like the now-discontinued Vision Nano, or the e-Smart, or several others. There was never any "boom" when I used them for stealth vaping (still do use auto & manual ones sometimes for that), nor when some people (women mostly) that I've helped to switch from smoking to vaping have used them.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@asdf9 - A few words of advice, if you don't mind, from an elderly female like your Mom (most likely). You need to ask her if she'll even try vaping, before you pick something out for her and buy it. If she does say yes...then both of you should decide what she'll start with to begin transitioning to vaping.

There are some name-brand cigalike kits still sold on a variety of websites. I started in Nov 2013 on a JoyeTech 510 Dual Starter Kit (cig size). It included (2) 280mAh batteries, 2 little atomizers, a box of 5 small foam-filled cartridges that you fill/refill with eliquid, a charger, and a manual. (The little attys and the foam-filled carts are still available as well for really cheap $.) The whole kit cost me about $40 then. But, they're available for quite a bit less now. Small clearomizers CAN also be used on the batteries instead of the little foam-filled cartridges. I used the cartridges for about a month, then only small clearos.

I used that kit exclusively while I switched over to vaping, and had my last ciggie Jan 14, 2014. That March, I then added some eGo batteries to my vaping supplies, and then a month or so later, some larger clearos, too. Have added more powerful, better stuff since then for sure. But...that "old school" stuff DID get me off the smokes for good. Ciggie sized kits have also worked for 4 other women I've helped, too!

Again though...let your Mom help with the decisions. IMO she'll have a much better chance at success that way.

Reactions: Izan

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
510 threaded cigalikes that are Automatic...are definitely still available and sold on more than a few websites. They can be used with a small clearo, like the now-discontinued Vision Nano, or the e-Smart, or several others. There was never any "boom" when I used them for stealth vaping (still do use auto & manual ones sometimes for that), nor when some people (women mostly) that I've helped to switch from smoking to vaping have used them.
Hand me the stupid hat. Listen to JC, not me :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Hand me the stupid hat. Listen to JC, not me :)

You don't need a stupid hat! :)

You said AFAIK in your post. Well...I figure if you'd never used them, how would you be expected to know if they're still available and don't blow up small clearos? I don't know if a lot of things I've never used...are still for sale and are safe or not. Doesn't mean I need a stupid hat either! :thumbs:

Reactions: suprtrkr

GraCnT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Hi and welcome,
You have not mentioned your mother desiring to quit.
Njoy-King-E-Cig.jpg

Buy her a 5 pack of the disposables.
Plant the seed.
Best of luck
I
This Njoy that you posted is the absolute best for a cig alike. I used this as a transition and it helped. Fast forward years to now and I've moved on, but if you're looking for a cig like, this is it.
Only bad part is it's disposable and doesn't last long...
Good luck.
If she wants to quit this will work.... But she has to want to.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

lynn508

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
alabam
If it is going to be for two people I would go with something like the vtc mini. It uses replaceable batteries which is the only way to go these days. You will require a charger and separate 18650 batteries. They are expensive in the states but can be had on sale. When the batteries die you replace them not the whole mod. Most ecigs with internal batteries will die and have to be constantly replaced. When I started I had 8 batteries/cigalikes in rotation daily} they last just a few hours. Only if you smoke maybe 10 cigs a day would you look at a cigalike. They are great to try just to see if you like vaping but research all options before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread