Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Just a quick note about this mod.

I've got 3 of them at my house now... and after a few weeks I can say that it's a great mod, feels great to hold, very small as it's barely larger than the 2 batteries it holds. Battery life is very decent and better than just about every other mod I have (except the eleaf TC100W which is still king). Overall, it's becoming one of my all-time favourite mods.

Only one issue that proved to be very annoying, but more on that further down (resolved, and why I'm posting this thread, in case others might have the same issue).

Pros:
  • solid
  • nice quality
  • small
  • very comfy in hand
  • decent screen, lots of feature
  • interface is fairly simple to use
Cons:
  • display shows voltage instead of wattage
  • Nasty issue with TC with SS (BUT.. see below)
The TC SS issue: Using multiple tanks that all worked flawlessly in TC (SS) mode on all my other mods, the mods would go out of TC mode and always go to wattage mode (at 20W).

(Note that I didn't try NI or TI as I no longer use them so I can't say if the same would have happened with these type of metals)

This would happen completely randomly and required the tank to be taken off to be able to re-switch to TC SS mode.

With no assistance from Eleaf, I tried several approaches, tried adjusting the TCR values manually, etc. but nothing worked.

The firmware on the mods was V. 1.46, which was a later version than what they had online (at 1.4). But as they had just released a V. 1.6, I tried that, but still, no luck and the issue was still happening.

With nothing better to try, I "downgraded" to the V1.4, and see and behold, THAT was the solution, the TC SS has now been working for days without a single issue.

So whatever they did to the firmware versions after V1.4 causes the mod to no longer read the resistance properly.

So I hope this helps anyone, as this is a mod that appears to be overlooked, as very little information is available for it.

R.Savage

Aug 5, 2017
I just bought an ikon 220. I'm running in wattage mode right now. You are right. Price is right, feels great in the hand. Vape consistancy is bang on for all day vape. Battery life is very good. Note. Just running a nautilus 2 at the moment at 20 watts.but I will be putting on the ello tank when I get the right juice for it. I think 130 watts with 18 mg nix content may be a bit too extreme. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread