ELeaf IKonn Total mod, optimal coil questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Eldo

Nov 12, 2015
DC
Hi guys, I ordered an eleaf IKonn Total from VapeSourcing in China. Thing just arrived and I realized it has no adjustable settings. I stupidly assumed it had settings like an eleaf Pico. Nope. However, form-factor wise, it's great. Feels sturdy too. So I want to find a way to make it work.

It's this thing: iKonn Total - Eleaf electronic cigarette

I only got the mod, not the full kit, because I wrap my own coils. I planned on using my 22mm Kanger Toptank Mini with its RBA. Toptank fits in the mod, but without adjustable wattage, I figure I have to dial it in by wrapping my coils to certain ohms. I haven't had a static wattage/voltage battery in years. Hardly remember anything. I figure someone else out there might be dealing with the same thing.

Normally I use the Toptank on an iStick TC60W with 0.8 or 0.9 ohm clapton single coils on the Toptank RBA. Normal settings are about 38W/5.9v. 100% VG. That setup hits very weak on the new iKonn. Works, but very weak.

Specs for this iKonn say it "offers a maximum power output of 50 watts and can accommodate 0.15Ω to 3.0Ω atomizer resistances." So the mod automatically adjusts the wattage?

The kit comes with an Ello tank and Eleaf "HW" coils rated 0.2 ohms (Single, Stainless steel) or 0.3 ohms (Double, kanthal).

So I'm going to try to wrap a single coil at 0.2 or 0.3 ohms.

- Can I use clapton wire, or should I go with regular kanthal?
- Anyone have any experience with this mod or situation?

Thanks!

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    - Can I use clapton wire, or should I go with regular kanthal?
    - Anyone have any experience with this mod or situation?
    I don't have one, but it sounds like a mech with safety features, and capped at 50 watts.
    Single strand wire would heat up faster than a clapton coil.
    Use Steam Engine to figure out the build.
    A .5ohm coil would give about 35watts, on a full charge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread